Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: Photo Update 3/21: Spring is here, so are the crowds, and more night shots

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    The Splash pic explodes my mind.

And her name is Columbia.
    Thanks Mr. Fantasmic. I was thinking this was the case, but I thought it sounded too obvious.

Thanks again for your comments everyone. I'm still working on the next set of shots, but I have a performance coming up on Friday and I'll be a bit psychotic until then. (See shot of Tink in front of train station.) I should have the rest of my shots up on Saturday.

• Fit Cat

Those Tabebuia trees are gorgeous, are they not? I live right outside of Memphis, TN, and I'm getting ready to start some landscaping projects at my home, and I really want those trees for the front yard. Thanks for the gorgeous photos...
    -Tony

amazing pics!!
    “Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.”

• The line's too long...

Great pics!

Good to see Riverbelle Terrace almost completely empty on a very crowded day. Hopefully some of the suits take notice and make some changes at some point.

• Cherry Tart

Ursula's eyes look a bit wonky. ^^

Beautiful photos! I'm still trying to figure out night shots myself...

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Part IV:

To begin with, I thought I would start with this shot. Any idea where it was taken from?

(A:Through the tunnel by BTMRR)

And after a recent shot I took on Mainstreet turned out ok, I thought I would try to isolate other scenes that might have come from the turn of the century. New Orleans Square seemed to be a good place for this...

Considering that Marching bands were arguably the most popular type of music around the turn of the century, I thought I would try a couple of the band as well...

Of course you'd have to ignore the fact that there are video cameras....DSLRs....Space Mountain....the Matterhorn....and the fact that everyone is dressed wrong...

Okay...so the verisimilitude is shot to heck. But it's the thought that counts. Right?

Back to color, this is another panorama of Mainstreet....

(One more batch to come....)
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 03-30-2008 at 09:51 PM.

Amazing job.

I'm jealous...i wanna new camera!

• Giving up Film

How do you do those panoramics? Just stitch them together in post?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    And after a recent shot I took on Mainstreet turned out ok, I thought I would try to isolate other scenes that might have come from the turn of the century.
    Oh my goodness Mac Daddy! I absolutely LOVE these turn of the century photos!!! They evoke a feeling of nostalgia that you don't get from other photos. They're beautiful. Just beautiful! These are two of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post

Considering that Marching bands were arguably the most popular type of music around the turn of the century, I thought I would try a couple of the band as well...

I was starting to gather some pictures to post as well, but I might as well give up and shut down the computer now. LOL! Between you, PhotoMatt, Darkbeer, Fishbulb and the many other MC photographers, the Disneyland Resort is captured in pictures superbly.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty88 View Post
    How do you do those panoramics? Just stitch them together in post?
    I've been using Photoshop for mine. Photoshop Elements will work fine for this, and I think the program runs around 60 bucks or so. Although, I'm pretty sure there are other programs that will make panoramas for you, including several types of software packages that come with certain cameras. Just be careful to manually set your lens speed and aperture as they will usually shift when you shoot across the horizon using an auto mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
    Oh my goodness Mac Daddy! I absolutely LOVE these turn of the century photos!!! They evoke a feeling of nostalgia that you don't get from other photos. They're beautiful. Just beautiful! These are two of my favorites.

I was starting to gather some pictures to post as well, but I might as well give up and shut down the computer now. LOL! Between you, PhotoMatt, Darkbeer, Fishbulb and the many other MC photographers, the Disneyland Resort is captured in pictures superbly.

Thanks Armadillo. I was using Lightroom and found an "antique" filter, plus I'm trying to intentionally darken these a bit more to give them more of an "older" feel. I'm still getting the hang of it, but I'm hoping to get more shots soon without the show light poles, space mountain, etc, etc in the background.
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 03-30-2008 at 09:28 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Part V - Featuring this and that....

In this last section I have just a smattering of other shots from the last couple of weeks:

Jack is hanging out in NOS:

I can't remember whose house this is. I think it might be Rabbit's:

Can you read this drummer's thoughts?

"I could have been a veterinarian but dad said I would make more money as a jazz drummer..." (It kind of looks like he has his thumb in the trumpet players ear.)

"If I just pretend I'm sleeping, I'm SURE they'll all go home and leave me alone."

Strike up the band...

Alice and Hatter join in....

And finally, since it's Spring and all, the obligatory floral shots...

THE END.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Great panoramic and merged shots. I'm just glad I didn't witness those crowds though.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Love the rest of your shots. That one of Hatter and Alice running out is superb.

• Dave

Blog Entries

Talking Re: Photo Update 3/21: Spring is here, so are the crowds, and more night shots

I love those shots. That is an amazing talent you have and thankyou for sharing it with us.
    Do you happento know were I can get a good shot of Space Mountain?
    Dave

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Thanks again for your comments, everyone. ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    I love those shots. That is an amazing talent you have and thankyou for sharing it with us.
    Do you happento know were I can get a good shot of Space Mountain?

Thanks bigwavedave! I'm not sure about the talent part as I've only been doing this for about a year and a half, but it's officially my new hobby and I'm learning more every day.

As for Space Mountain, it depends on what type of shot you are looking for. I seem to remember Photomatt taking some great night shots of it not too long ago. And I've seen shots in the morning, at dusk, with crows, with dirt, being cleaned, and so on.

I kinda like this one, myself....

It was taken from the Sunwheel as the sun hit it during a break in a storm. (I tweaked it a little bit in photoshop.)

I'll dig around photobucket for some more if I get a chance.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast