Red Face Question for Parade Performers or anyone else who has previously auditioned for DL!

Im 16, ALMOST 17.
    And i wanted to know if they make exceptions
    cause it says you have to at least be 17 years of age..
    What should I do?
    Just go to the audition and find out?
    Or not even bother?
    Thanks(:

• Minion

Re: Question for Parade Performers or anyone else who has previously auditioned for D

You have to be 17 by the time the time you start working. So if you are not turning 17 within the next month then I would say wait till the next audition.
    Jeff Wayne

• Curiouser

Re: Question for Parade Performers or anyone else who has previously auditioned for D

I also have a question regarding this; do you have to be graduated to audition? I'm 17 but I won't be graduating this year...

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    You have to be 17 by the time the time you start working. So if you are not turning 17 within the next month then I would say wait till the next audition.
    im gonna be 17 on may 23.. :/

the audtion site says 17 and a graduating senior and I can see that sticking for anything else. But auditions I would try who knows maybe theyll see your so good they may bend a rule or two, who knows

• Yes ... Wicked! ;)

you have to be 17. sorry.

• Shubisha

yes they do hire 17 year olds who aren't graduating but it sort of depends on the parade and the season. they're not going to hire a minor if they're looking for someone to work during the week and school's in session, they can't in fact. same with letting their shift go past 10pm. if the audition says 17 and graduating senior it probably means it. some other auditions such as the christmas fantasy parade have said over 16.

unless you're graduated from high school (or 18) you cant work past 1030pm, and since they have to have rehearsals when the park is closed, they really have to want you to justify working around that restriction

whatever, im still just gonna go and see.
    it cant hurt, right ?
    haha
    (:

• dreams do come true

I first started in Aladdin caravan and I was 16 when hired. I continued to work for over 5 years all the way to Hercules, great times. It all depends on the parade and how much they want you. There where times in the middle of rehersal when they would come to me and say I had to go. A;ot during Lion King and EP. But you could Try. They are very sricked on the rules so if your not close dont waist the time , Just wait.

• Curiouser

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    yes they do hire 17 year olds who aren't graduating but it sort of depends on the parade and the season. they're not going to hire a minor if they're looking for someone to work during the week and school's in session, they can't in fact. same with letting their shift go past 10pm. if the audition says 17 and graduating senior it probably means it. some other auditions such as the christmas fantasy parade have said over 16.
    So do you have to be graduated to be a face character in general, or just in the parades do they make that exception?

Quote Originally Posted by Skipper S View Post
    I first started in Aladdin caravan and I was 16 when hired. I continued to work for over 5 years all the way to Hercules, great times. It all depends on the parade and how much they want you. There where times in the middle of rehersal when they would come to me and say I had to go. A;ot during Lion King and EP. But you could Try. They are very sricked on the rules so if your not close dont waist the time , Just wait.
    yeah, well im almost 17, [8 weeks to be exact(:]