• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

DisneyFan28s 1st Detailed trip report(3.17)*PICTURE HEAVY*(added on 3.26)

I will post pics soon, just got to wait for my sister to develop the photos and send them to me. this is my 1st trip report so i am not sure how these TR should be written.
    -------------------------------
    I havent been to disneyland in over 8 years, and this would make it my 3rd time at the park since last time i went astro blasters just opened.
    I can say the place has really changed since I last went to DL.My sister decided to take me to the resort as a early birthday gift. We were able to get the Park hopper tickets
    Got there about 8AM and even by then the Parking structure was starting to fill up on the 2nd floor.The park was very crowded(most ride times were 15 min wait,except 3(nemo subs, Peter pans flight, Indy) which were 45-90 min wait time).Nemo at 8:30 AM was a 90+Min Wait !

Many characters were around the park early between 8-11AM.All I saw in the park was Alice,Mad Hatter,Minnie,Chip,Fairy Godmother,Goofy,Tigger,Pooh,Eeyore,Mickey mouse,And Capt. Hook.
    Belle actually appeared outside the Fantasy Faire while I was riding the train to Main street.
    I was able to go on many of the rides that were open or had a short waiting time.I was Upset to find Mr.Toads wild ride was shut down around 2PM. Went on mostly alot of my favorite rides including a few that were only there for just a few years.

Buzz Lightyear has turned out to be one of my new favorites(L3 Rank,BTW), I finally for once went on space mountain and didnt like it, wasnt a fan of the drops and turns.

Also went to the other park, California adventure,
    Never been there before and decided to check it out.this park is amazing so far, but needs a little more work.
    Headed out to Condor Flats,Grizzly River rapids was crowded and decided to go to Redwood Creek Tail challenge. Only walked on the trail mostly but the challenge area looks fun.

After that headed out to Paradise Pier. Mostly spent my time watching Screamin launch into the first hill before i moved to the other areas of Paradise Pier and this area of DCA was actually crowded too.

Around 5:35 PM ,The CMs were shutting down the lanes near Bugs life and the main lot of DCA for the Pixar Parade. IMO, The parade was wonderful,I especially loved the water,bubbles,and foam that flew all over the place.the floats were beautiful(I think one was having a bit of techical difficulties,Not sure if the turtles on the Nemo float are supposed to squirt water because the water was just dripping from the turtles). Just viewed Bugs life and Hollywood backlot since there wasnt much there,and visited Animation courtyard,which was pretty empty except for the sorcerers workshop areas.

Together must have spent 8-9 hours all together in both parks.
    Last edited by DisneyFan28; 03-26-2008 at 05:24 PM.

• or CBF

Re: DisneyFan28s 1st Detailed trip report(3.17)

Nice TR. Sounds like you had fun.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Hello

I hope you do realize DCA is getting a 1 billion dollar renovation. Just wanted to let you know.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplemover Priit View Post
    I hope you do realize DCA is getting a 1 billion dollar renovation. Just wanted to let you know.
    I knew. I just wanted to see why people were complaining about the current park

•   
    • Seasick

I had a big gap between visits to Anaheim (1996 to 2004) as well. Always interesting to hear the perspective of an infrequent visitor.

• Goofy

great report thanks.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Sounds like you had fun! Nice TR!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Ty All

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

looks like most of the pics were of Jungle Cruise and PPP and some building pics.I must have been more intrested in the park than asking to take
    pictures.(camera date is wrong)