View Poll Results: What's your favorite Fantsyland character based dark ride?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pinocchio's Daring Journey

2 3.51%
  • Snow White's Scary Adventures

2 3.51%
  • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

7 12.28%
  • Peter Pan's Flight

20 35.09%
  • Alice in Wonderland

16 28.07%
  • I can't decide..

1 1.75%
  • I love them all!

9 15.79%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Fancy that...

Fantasyland appretiation thread

I mean come on, Fantasyland has 2 E-tickets(IASW and The Matterhorn), the main Icon for Disneyland, amazing details and architecture,plus it has the classic Dark rides of the Classic Disney movies. I'd have to say that Fantasyland is my favorite land, and it was also Walt's favorite land. Even most Disney fans favorite land, NOS, can't compete with Fantasyland's 2 E tickets AND additional dark rides PLUS all that storybook architecture. It might be the land for kiddies but i'm 14 and somehow i'm still able to have a blast in Fantasyland(I know pretty corny to say) but i'm dead serious when I say that Fantasyland is in my opinion the best land in Disneyland. What do you love about fantasyland and what can improve it's already awsomeness?(other than not putting or putting Disney characters in IASW)

• Dragons rock my socks.

Re: Fantasyland appretiation thread

I love the theming but...the lines...

THE LINES!!!!!

When I have to wait over a half hour to ride Mr. Toad, it's not even worth it.

Welcome to the Aperture Science Enrichment Center.

If you ever see a skinny eight year-old looking kid sprinting through Adventureland, yell "Hi!" at me!
    Btw, I'm really not eight.

So I'm sitting at my computer thinking, hey, I need a creative signature so that people on micechat will remember me. And then it hits me: I'll just type it up!
    I sure am creative.

• Minion

Blog Entries

sadly it has a few of my least fave rides to combat pan, which is in my top 5.

i put fantasyland in 2nd, below new orleans sq. and above adventureland.

• Fancy that...

I love How Alice in Wonderland has some modern effects here and there, like the part were the cards "paint the roses red" there are lights that turn from white to red, also when the queen "plays croque(sp)" that thing that she hits is a progection and it spins..hard to explain..plus it's two stories!

Snow White has the best queue, with the queen staring at you from above is awsome, and the attraction is the scariest of all of the FL dark rides, which is of corse awsome The whole "APPLE!?!?" thing thouroghly scared me as a small child.

Mr. Toad- The most entertaining ride(and coolest facade), It's totaly crazy and has quite a few surprises from getting hit by a train then going to Hell! SOO awsome!and when your in Hell it's all warm!

Peter Pan- The most Popular, but for good reason, the advantage of actualy hovoring over the scenes is realy cool, the london scene justify's the whole attraction pretty much, I(being a crazy observant Imagineer wannabe)am amazed when you just go right above the pirate ship scene.

Pinocchio's Daring Journey- It Is my favorite story of all the movies represented in FL. It also has the least jumpy storyline. I'd have to say that it's my favorite Fantasyland darkride because it's very smooth ride story-wise. Like it dosn't stop abruptly at the end with monstro and say on a mural "and they lived happily ever after". It also has the best main theme song"when you wish upon a star" love it love it

(BTW these aren't placed in any order of what I like the best to the least)

This is my list for my Favorite lands, since you guys seem to have your own..
    1. Fantasyland-already stated
    2. NOS-It has 2 E tickets often considered the best rides in the park,and the best food in the entire park, plus it's theming and architecture is amazing
    3. Adventureland-It's theming and it has a blend of classic and fantastic new rides
    Last edited by pianoman13; 03-23-2008 at 12:41 AM.

I honestly wouldn't mind going on some of the other fantasyland rides (aside from IASW and Matterhorn), but the lines, mad mom's with strollers (who like to clip the backs of my heals if I'm not careful) and general madness that ensues the land make me shy away from it.

• Minion

I rode the Cassy junior circus train on my last trip and I loved it!

• Fancy that...

I only remember one ride on it and it was pretty recent, It was hard to hear anything or register what was going on but I LOVED IT ANYWAY

• Fancy that...

so basicly Fantasyland has all the awsomeness of NOS (2 E tickets, Amazing Achitecture) plus more

• Minion

and it's just as crowded.

• Minion

Blog Entries

My favorite ride of course in Fantasyland is Snow Whites Scary Adventure and I must say for a little kid that ride is terrifying... Which actually works out in my favor since it rarely has a massive line...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
    My favorite ride of course in Fantasyland is Snow Whites Scary Adventure and I must say for a little kid that ride is terrifying... Which actually works out in my favor since it rarely has a massive line...
    I'll just have to ride it next time I go then.

• Koubu Pilot

I'm 27 and I still enjoy Fantasyland. I never even stopped enjoying it as a teenager, either. Go into any dark ride's queue (Yes, this even includes Buzz, Pooh, and Monster's Inc) and you will see quite a few childless adults both single and couples!

I still ride the dark rides and Casey Jr in addition to the Matterhorn and small world and I love every single one.

• Banned User

I love Fantasyland, and my fave ride there is Mr. Toad, no question. That ride has such a dreamy, surreal quality, while being fast paced and exciting -- an amazing balancing act. It also has a great sense of humor -- one of the funniest rides out there.
    Peter Pan is the runner up for me -- of course floating over London is one of the most beautiful scenes in any dark ride. Amazing detail.
    I just have one question; at the Magic Kingdom, the Fantasyland rides all give out fast passes. So why doesn't Disneyland do the same? I don't get it. Sometimes those lineups are horrific; who wants to wait an hour for a two minute ride?

At the very least, Peter Pan's Flight needs FP. It's on the wait-times board for a reason. I've been wanting to ride for a while now, but haven't wanted to brave the 45+ minute wait it's had on the past several visits. Even after 11pm it's at least 30 minutes. Star Tours, of all rides, had FP for a while. But not rides that really need them like Peter Pan and also Finding Nemo just over the border.

I've gotten to appreciate Fantasyland even more as of late, having been drawn primarily to NOS and Tommorowland. The one ride I've probably obsessed over more than any other in the world is there: that'd be Matterhorn. And the teacups: a good example of a ride that doesn't have to be huge or intense to be a blast, and the newest "must ride every time" ride for me in DL, and it was around the longest before I "discovered" it and first rode only last December. And discovered all the very cool details on Dumbo for the first time just earlier this month.

I've also found out more so that Fantasyland is for everybody attracted to such things: young, old and all in between. Not this kids-with-parents-only stereotype. Recently a site I often went to suggested that some Fantasyland attractions not be discussed unless you're a "parent with young children". Needless to say I now have that site blockfiled.
    Last edited by HighLeveller; 03-23-2008 at 08:48 AM.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

To me, Fantasyland is 'what it's all about'. It's the escape that Walt Disney was trying to envelope us in......everything that Disneyland IS.

I love Fantasyland - always have.......and now that I am a Dad, we spend A LOT of time there......and I love it. A relaxing cruise on the Storybook Canal boats....or wooshing through the air with the help of old friend, Dumbo or flying high above the nightime beauty of London into the dreams of Neverland...or spinning my Unbirthday away in the happiest Mad Tea Party imaginable.......Fantasyland has always been a favorite place of mine.....

One of my favorite areas to sit and gaze is the little 'veranda' of sorts, just off the Casey Jr.....it's a bit elevated and sort of 'looks down upon' the rest of the land.

Lovin' Fantasyland!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast