Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Positive Its A Small World Thread.

After seeing all the negative post's from members on the current changes to Its A Small World, I throught it would be a good idea to start a thread for all the members who are in favour of the possible new changes. So for anyone who would like to add anything positive feel free to do so, thanks.

• Will return Soon...

Re: Positive Its A Small World Thread.

i must say I'm not too concerned one way or the other. I love its a small world, and after seeing the figures for HKDL, they look like they would fit in fine, and half i wouldn't even notice amongst the originals. I DO hope they don't get rid of the Rainforest scene as i do love that part.

But Disney Characters Small Worldafied i can live with. Actually originally they only downside i could see is it was taking away something that was going to be Unique to Hong Kong Disneyland!!!

• no flash photography...

I'm looking forward to th changes. I think I'll will write letter to disney showing my support. Thank you for whoever posted all those addresses.

• Circle of Ancients

I'm with you guys, I'm not going to lash out at some changes I haven't even seen yet.

If you look at Disney's track record, there are some things that were screwed up, but some things that were good as well.

Recent history:

Haunted Mansion at MK and Disneyland: Good Changes
    Pirates at MK and Disneyland: I know some people dislike the Movie stuff. But even without that, the ship battle scene with the huge splashing cannonballs, and the cannonballs whizzing by your head are awesome.
    Pirate Island: Good changes as people actually go over there now.
    Gran Fiesta Tour at Epcot: Good changes that has brought new life to the attraction
    Alice in Wonderland and Mr. Toad: New lighting and effects that have greatly plussed the attraction.

People are too quick to jump on the "Tiki Room Under New Management" bandwagon. Yes, it's bad. REALLY bad. Or the "Alien Encounter to Stitch" bandwagon. Yes, Stitch is bad (not Tiki Room bad, but it's bad). But the fact remains, Alien Encounter (from what I heard, I never saw it ) was scary for kids in a park that is kid-friendly.

I think over the years Imagineers have earned the right (with the proper budget) to know what changes to make, and what not to make. I'm willing to play the "wait and see" game on this one.

• dreams do come true

Im for it. Change is good.

• Collision speed....FULL!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I'm with you guys, I'm not going to lash out at some changes I haven't even seen yet.
    Exactly! I hate reading people bash and bash something they haven't even seen yet. The characters are fine, they're just as fine as the geese in the Holland section.

However, I have a different feeling about the chopping down of the rainforest...

I agree - I'm not very passionate about the changes one way or another - but I'm actually interested to see what the added characters would look like and where they'd be placed. As far as that particular rumor goes, I think it could be cute.

It would certainly make the characters more 'human' by adding them in a ride that points out how much all these people are just like you - even your Disney friends. In that respect, it's a really smart move.
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

Agreed. I do not have feelings one way or the other about the addition of Disney characters. I think it will be fun to see the characters in their "natural" habitat.

I am however NOT in favor of the elimination of the rain forest. As it's removal changes the original indent and artistry of the piece. And an "Up with America"? YUCK! Are we really THAT self-absorbed? It's just TACKY.

I don't care about Disney characters, at all. Yes, they do look scary, but not any scarier than the orginal dolls themselves.

And one last bit, I agree that most changes that they make are enhancements-- I can think of a couple that many here would agree with were not enhancements--like the Treehouse. And I for one don't mind the Captain Jack additions to POTC, but I do not like the addition of food in the chase scene-- I find it degrating to women. Even more degrating than selling the women in the auction. Ugh!
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• Mickey is not my Brother

If anything about the ride, I saw keep the rain forest, add the characters, but get rid of the white room thats is towards the end of the ride

• =)

Still don't care.

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

I'm all for the changes, Disneyland is supposed to evolve and change, and I agree that positive changes and negative changes have been made and we'll just have to wait and see. The Christmas overlay was not in the original artists intent but I enjoy it very much, it's probably my favorite time to see small world, and I loved the bubble addition they did last christmas.

I can't wait to see the new changes, if I like them great if not well I'll just ride something else, I doubt that kids will ever like this ride any less than they do now and there will probably always be a wait to get on.

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Thanks for the coments, while it seems not everyone is to thrilled with all the changes, most are still willing to give it a chance.

Small World... I say change it! It might make it interesting for a ride or two. I like the Disney characters more than the Mary Blair dolls anyway. Don't get me wrong, I think Blair's art in 2D is really great. The mural, her books, the work she did on the animated films... But in 3D it doesn't translate so well for me.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Progressive Disneylander

I'm pretty interested to see the changes. The reason I'm for this sort of change is because it's something interesting, but it's minor overall. It'll be fun to see, but it won't change the integrity of the attraction. That's key for me.

I felt the same about Pirates and the Haunted Mansion and they are my two favorite attractions by far. I was in favor of those changes and, in turn, I liked those changes quite a lot. I like those attractions in their current state even more than I used to!

Plus, IASW has never been one of my favorite rides so it will only increase my interest in it. It's the sort of attraction that I may or may not go on during a full day at DL Resort. But if I feel that the changes make it a little more interesting, I might be more prone to go on it.

I'm usually fine with certain tweaks that aren't a major change to an overall attraction. It keeps these rides fresh without altering them significantly. These sorts of changes keep me wanting to come back to the park(s) as often as I do.

• Mickey is not my Brother

I'm all for change, although I haven't been on it since like 2001 so I don't remember IASW at all. I am looking forward to the characters though, well at least till I see how they look.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast