View Poll Results: What is the biggest size of clothing Disney should sell?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1XL

4 8.70%
  • 2XL

2 4.35%
  • 3XL

14 30.43%
  • 4XL

6 13.04%
  • 5XL

20 43.48%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Disneyland Merchandise Sizes

I was just thinking [yes, it's scary...] about the small sizes on clothing in the Disneyland theme parks. Although most of their products go up to 2XL, not all people can fit into those sizes. They also seem to run small, so why wouldn't Disneyland sell bigger sizes for the bigger people in the world? They should sell clothing for people up to maybe 5XL! Haven't you ever seen the people who try to squeeze into a small clothing item, do you see what it does it poor Mickey's face?? ...It's not pretty. Does any one have the same opinion, or am I the only one who disagrees to the small sizes they sell...

I mean seriously...this is the biggest size they sell:
    Love, Sarah [PretzelSouls]
    Last edited by MsSarah; 03-23-2008 at 03:05 PM.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Minion

Re: Disneyland Merchandise Sizes

I am 6 feet 4 and a half, and 2XLs are a tight fit on me because of my height. Disney should at least carry up to 3XLs, I would like them to carry 2XLTs and 3XLTs also.
    I voted for 5XL, but only so almost no one would be left out.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

True, they should carry talls too...I would fit no where near that catagory only because I am only 5'2" but that's a good thought.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post

I mean seriously...this is the biggest size they sell:

That shirt is a "couture" shirt so it runs small. Post a pic of a 2XL t-shirt (non-hotlinked ) and see how that compares to the pic you posted!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Here's a 2XL

vs.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Bump!

• no flash photography...

IDK, I have found tshirts to fit. I wear a 14 to 16 in pants, but due to my larger than average chest i need very large shirts. However, just getting a 2x or 3x shirt is not helpful, because if they are not somewhat fitted the just hang like a sac as soon as the shirt clears the girls.

I do agree their xl fitted shirts are a joke. They are like a normal size medium.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Disney should sell what sells. As people get fatter they will be forced to sell larger merchandise. This is a perfect example of Economics 101, Supply and demand. If people can't fit into what they offer, they lose sales. We all know Disney is out to make as much as possible.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Disneyland already stocks a huge amount of product, much of which goes to the various Character Warehouses.

It seems like they're making enough profit with the merch they do stock - so they probably aren't that interested in going any higher than 2X.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    Here's a 2XL

vs.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    IDK, I have found tshirts to fit. I wear a 14 to 16 in pants, but due to my larger than average chest i need very large shirts. However, just getting a 2x or 3x shirt is not helpful, because if they are not somewhat fitted the just hang like a sac as soon as the shirt clears the girls.

I do agree their xl fitted shirts are a joke. They are like a normal size medium.
    Remember these shirts are made in China. These are China size XXL, not American XXL. My problem is that my gut/hip area is wider than my bust. So if a shirt fits my boob area, it's tight around my stomach. Shakes head sadly. Darn fluffy gut/butt.
    Last edited by Princess626; 03-23-2008 at 08:20 PM.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Yep, I voted for 5xl too.

"one size fits most" is a misnomer at Disneyland.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

It is not just Disneyland that only goes to 2XL. That is the largest size carried at the Disney Store in adult apparel too. I believe it is also the largest size at Walt Disney World. Disney is quite shrewd when it comes to making a buck, and at this time the expenses do not seem to be justified in expanding sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess626 View Post
    Remember these shirts are made in China. These are China size XXL, not American XXL.
    They're made in China for the American market. The sizes are made for the intended market, not of origin.

• Cast Member

I think it would be great in a way to have sizes up to 5x. But this would be in a perfect world that a store would sell any size possible.

So how can Disneyland justify selling up to 5x?

As MasterGracey pointed out, our products go to the Disney Outlets and Company D like crazy. We don't have styles that are instant sellers. I see things transferred or shipped out all the time.

But they have products that go up to 3x for women like glitter shirts and t-shirts and sweatshirts.

Do you guys also realize there are limits to how much merchandise you can display in the stores. There is only a finite amount of items you can have hanging on a display or folded on a table. There is a certain amount we are supposed to have for each individual size.

There's just only so much room to have for additional sizes on the sales floor and in their stockrooms.

Think about it.

I think Disney and the general retail industry have adjusted their sizes to make a L really more like a XL or 2X in the classic sense.

Is 5x required of other stores (outside of Disneyland) that appeal to a diverse range of guests?

Isn't that what plus size or big and tall stores are for?

(And I don't say this with a holier than thou position because my size has been up and down all my life.)

Bye.

• Minion

Blog Entries

i voted 3x simply beacue most retail stores carry up to 3x.

Disney's sizes are very small. i normally fit a xl, but at disney, a 2x doesn't fit.

About 15 years ago, my husband actually found a 4X shirt hidden in one of the shops, and was ecstatic. Finally, he could wear a Disneyland shirt! Haven't found one since. He would have bought a whole bunch of shirts by now, even if they charged extra for the larger size. But Disneyland doesn't know that, I suppose.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast