Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile FINALLY our Trip in 1 month! Can anyone help us with the Million Dreams Thingies???

Hello.

Our first trip in three years is now 1 month away!!! Whoo Whoo!

We booked everything ourselves so we didn't have a central travel agent so no one ever told us about the Year of A Million Dreams... ummm.... stuff.

How do we get into this? Is there some sort of sign up when we arrive? All I hope is to get an extra fast-pass to something!!!

Also, can anyone help us in the following:

1. How to enter the Overnight stay at Walt's Apt... or is it the Castle? I don;t know,.

2. How does a family get noticed to be in one of their parades? Is there a number we can call to enter a contest or something?

3. DID I MENTION WE ARE 1 ONCE AWAY!!!

Sorry, #3 has zilch to do with anything but I LOOOVE saying it!

Disney Road

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Re: FINALLY our Trip in 1 month! Can anyone help us with the Million Dreams Thingies

all of the year of a million dreams prizes are given away at random, a computer picks a specific location, say the person sitting on the left in car number 27 on Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, and that's how you win

don't focus on the Dreams giveaway, enjoy the parks and get lost in the Disney magic instead

have a GREAT trip
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Re: FINALLY our Trip in 1 month! Can anyone help us with the Million Dreams Thingies

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    don't focus on the Dreams giveaway, enjoy the parks and get lost in the Disney magic instead
    Great advice, having been many times since the promotion started and only getting a couple of small things, don't set yourself up for disappointment.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

I think you don't quite understand how the Year of A Million Dreams works. By being present in the park, you have entered. Winners are chosen at random times in random areas (randomized by computer) and given their prizes by cast members called the Dream Squad. Don't get your hopes up or even really think about this promotion - there's nothing much you can do with it. Have fun! Oh and just so you know its Walts Apartment which is called the Dream Suite - staying in the castle is WDW.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post

Take Elly and everyone elses advice. Don't worry about the year of a million dream stuff. The odds are that you won't get anything. I've been to the park tons of times since it started and so far the only thing I got was a lanyard and a couple of pins.

Just enjoy the park and enjoy your family in the park. Then if by chance you do happen to win something, it will be a plus and not a disappointment when you don't.

And remember, if you are there on a Sunday be sure to stop by the hub at noon for the weekly meet and say howdy to any other MiceChatters that might be around!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Seasick

Hey fellow Vancouverite.

As previously stated, don't obsess over the Year of a Million Dreams giveaways, but do keep your eyes open. When I was there I just happened to spot them handing out ears near the Rivers of America, so I was able to just walk by and snag a pair.

• Silent Lucidity

Agree with all posts here, just be aware it's going on. We have been to DL only twice since they have been handing out YOMD prizes, and we won this past January!!! We also noticed others wining, we were walking past the exit to POTC and a bunch of folks were coming out with Dream Passes! We had just been on POTC about 20 minutes earlier, it's all about timing and random luck!

I'm have an AP with over 40 visits since the start of the YOMD, and I have yet to win anything. It's mostly if you're lucky. I personally continue to go anyway because I enjoy the time I spend there to have fun.

• Hiding in the shadows

Yep, I have to agree with everyone here, don't focus on YOAMD, just go and have fun. Its pretty random (I have yet to win anything and have visited several times since the promotion started).

The best advice is proobably to get to the park early as it seems most prizes are given away before noon.

A little piece of heaven

• That's a lot of look.

Yep, go early. Be there at opening if you can pry yourselves out of bed. If you're planning on going to DCA, hit that one at opening. They give out prizes there, too. Since fewer people visit there than DL, you might have a better chance of winning something.

However, I will second, third and fourth what everyone else has said: do not visit with the goal of winning a prize because you probably won't. Just have a good time and, if you do win something, it'll be the icing on the cake.

Have a great time!

• no flash photography...

it's all random. I have been at least 15 times since this started and have only won twice and they were fastpasses. Just go and have fun and then if you are surprised by a win it's just that much more exciting.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

I have yet to come away from the Parks without winning something from the 'Dream Squad'. If winning is important to you, you should consider swinging by and picking me up on the way to the Park.

• Comin' at ya!

I too will be going in about a month. have a good trip.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

A MILLION THANKS to everyone!

Disney Road

• Confused One

Well Beatle_johnny,

The way you win the million dreams stuff is you run in to the park and start singing IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL SONG. All day long. Then just for the heck of it sing the spam song too (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8huXkSaL7o) just to confuse them. And that should do it. (jk)

Naww you just have to show up at the park thats it. Have fun. When I went I got a dream fast pass thingy. I still have it hung up on my disney pin's board.

Have a great trip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast