Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Disneyland is your land.

Re: Radiator Springs Racers Description

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    From Blue Sky Disney Blog
    HTML Code:
    http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2008/03/layering-on-narrative.html
    When I first read this description, I thought "sounds pretty good, it's much better than Test Track's ride through a warehouse." Than I started to think more about it. Those who have riden Test Track, know that it is basically riding in a car. The settings of RSR will be much better than a warehouse, but in a few hours from LA, you can go and drive through all the "shadowy woodlands, canyons and valleys, waterfalls and tunnels" that you want to. Sure you can't race, but it would be a similar enough experience. Basically, what I am getting down to is that the experience RSR will offer is not extraordinary enough. I go to Disneyland to do things that are far from ordinary. I go to Disneyland to sail with Pirates, visit the Temple of the Forbiden Eye, visit a Haunted Mansion, rocket through space, ride a cursed mine train; you know things I can't even come close to doing in real life.

Disney should focus on the extraordinary, not the ordinary. Talking cars are not enough to make driving in a car extraordinary IMO. I am sure RSR will be fun, but why spend 300 million on it, when you could spend 300 million on something else much more extraordinary like say TDS's Journey to the Center of the Earth?
    So your claiming that this attraction will NOT be extraordinary because of a description? Not only that, but your essentially saying that your displeased with the experience -- one that you haven't even, well experienced yet? The thing won't open until 2012 (4 years away). Don't you think its a little early to be making judgment about it?

Plain and simple, Disney is damned if they do and damned if they don't.
    Class of 2005...

• Dive ..... Dive.....

I also agree Journey to the Center of the Earth is a superior idea to Radiator Springs Racers inspired by Disney Pixars Cars. The childish unoriginal themes need to stop and adventure/mystery needs to be reintroduced, something every age group can enjoy. What a waste of 300 million. If I had a choice between the money being reinvested into the existing park I would choose that over this new land which will only ruin DCA even more. Bugs Land and now Carsland, seems pretty inconsistent with the rest of the park considering most of it is based on realistic settings. DCA needs a state of the art POTC or Haunted Mansion, not the latest Pixar blunder and until they learn this DCA will never be fixed. Heck someone must realize this considering Everest at WDW is a huge success.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 03-25-2008 at 02:46 AM.

• Pilot EdForceOne

things that will be interesting

- if its outdoor, scale becomes an issue
    - Test Track uses the theme to be able to easily transition between separate scenes without needing long distances of track inbetween them. How they pull this off in RS makes me believe you will have a similar idea.. several low speed element separate show scenes s with just a burst of speed or spin-outs, etc, connected by slow segments with a high speed finale. You can't drive 60mph for a 8 minute ride.. there simply isn't room to do that. I bet this overall experience ends up a lot more like Test Track in this regard vs people may initially be thinking. The ideal that there is this big outdoor canyon you'll be racing around at 60mph+ for extended periods... there just isn't room for such things.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by thrax View Post
    thats why DL is so much better then DCA
    especially because everything is DCA is pretty much doable in real life in california.
    ive been to hollywood, ive been to universal (back-lot they "try" to make look real), i have gone river rafting in coloma, i have gone to a real pier and boardwalk, i have gone to a real vineyard i have gone to San Francisco, the wharf and seen the pink ladies. I really have essentially done everything in DCA besides hang-gliding and riding an elevator down a twighlight zone hotel.

Disneyland had many extroadinary attractions like this that thrilled visitors of all ages.

Nature thru wonderland and the Disneyland railroad were and are things anyone can do outside of the Disneyland yet they were/are attractions that people love.

I also doubt that most people would go out and drive around the desert looking for the diferent sites and sounds that the attraction will provide. That in itself makes it unique

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    especially because everything is DCA is pretty much doable in real life in california.
    ive been to hollywood, ive been to universal (back-lot they "try" to make look real), i have gone river rafting in coloma, i have gone to a real pier and boardwalk, i have gone to a real vineyard i have gone to San Francisco, the wharf and seen the pink ladies. I really have essentially done everything in DCA besides hang-gliding and riding an elevator down a twighlight zone hotel.
    So just because you have already done something, it negates the whole park? Not everyone who visits California does all of those things. Heck, not everyone who LIVES in California has done all of those things. I teach in a city near the beach and you'd be surprised at how many of my students have never been there before. If you have the means, go do the real thing instead, don't waste your time at DCA.

DCA isn't meant to be another Disneyland.
    Last edited by SusieP.; 03-25-2008 at 09:44 AM.
    A signature should go here.

• Banned User

- Anatole
    Last edited by Anatole69; 04-02-2008 at 11:20 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Drum-&-Train View Post
    I have been waiting for a ride like this for a long time. It seems strange but makes sense. An attraction is supposed to thrill you with surprises and danger, but you know you are safe. In a car traveling it is all to real and boring, but when things get thrown out at you in the attraction and has a good story it gets more exciting imo.
    Which is pretty much my point. There doesn't seem to be enough danger in RSR, in RSR I would like to have a part where the ride vehicle drives off a cliff. And I mean 'designed' to drive off a cliff, not driving off a cliff due to lack of mainteance.

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    I also agree Journey to the Center of the Earth is a superior idea to Radiator Springs Racers inspired by Disney Pixars Cars. The childish unoriginal themes need to stop and adventure/mystery needs to be reintroduced, something every age group can enjoy. What a waste of 300 million. If I had a choice between the money being reinvested into the existing park I would choose that over this new land which will only ruin DCA even more. Bugs Land and now Carsland, seems pretty inconsistent with the rest of the park considering most of it is based on realistic settings. DCA needs a state of the art POTC or Haunted Mansion, not the latest Pixar blunder and until they learn this DCA will never be fixed. Heck someone must realize this considering Everest at WDW is a huge success.
    Great post. I love PIXAR movies, but most of the attractions based on PIXAR films have been subpar. Plus, even if I like PIXAR films and they got good attractions consistently, I still wouldn't want to see everything in the parks to be based on them. When everything is themed to a cartoon, things start to feel a lot more childish. DLR is not suppose to feel childish.

The primary reason I go to Disneyland is for Adventure/Mystery, the only attraction to offer than in DCA is Tower of Terror.

• Imaginative Possibilities

complaining about an attraction that hasn't even opened yet... in 4 years none the less... put the judgement aside and stop whining...dont like it? Don't go... Want something better? Then do something about it....
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    you can say that, but how many people visiting from out of state just to visit Disneyland and California Adventure can say that?

Not too many.

• a wind to shake the stars

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Disney should focus on the extraordinary, not the ordinary.
    How do you feel about the Autopia?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    How do you feel about the Autopia?
    At the time it was built freeways were not common. Freeways were part of the Tomorrow that was coming for the most part. Autopia holds its appeal today because of classic status.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    I'd much rather have Journey =/
    Me too.

• Banned User

I want a fresh story in the same vien of Indiana Jones and Star Tours. If its just the cliffnotes version of the movie (like the pooh ride, monsters inc., nemo, and half the rides that have come out this past decade) that will be dumb because people can just stay home adn watch the dvd.

• Imaginative Possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    I want a fresh story in the same vien of Indiana Jones and Star Tours. If its just the cliffnotes version of the movie (like the pooh ride, monsters inc., nemo, and half the rides that have come out this past decade) that will be dumb because people can just stay home adn watch the dvd.
    ummmm aren't Star Wars and Indiana Jones available to watch at home too?
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast