Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Official Mice Chat person

Paradise Pier Hotel VS. DL Hotel

Okay,

First off, hey everyone! I haven't posted on these boards in so long.

Second of all,
    My family is planning an April trip to Disneyland. We already have rooms booked in both the Disneyland & Paradise pier hotels. I have never stayed on resort property so I'm very excited. The majority of my family is staying in the DL hotel, but the DL hotel is completely booked and we couldn't get all the rooms we needed... So me and my brother got booted to the Paradise Pier hotel.

What I basically want answered is, are me and my brother getting jipped? Is the paradise pier hotel less magical? What are the main differences between the two? Could somebody who has stayed at both tell me what one they liked more? Can you still use the monorail to enter the park from the PP hotel?

Any information would be awesome.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Disneylandrocks55; 03-24-2008 at 06:38 PM.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Paradise Pier Hotel VS. DL Hotel

Don't feel so bad. The best hotels are all in Newport Beach and Laguna Beach anyway.

I would say the most magical hotel is the DLH. But the PPH is also a nice hotel, although farther away from DL.

• Eeyore smiling

In my ever so humble opinion you will not feel that jipped, you are a short jog from the PP to the DLH, especially if your family are in either the (old names here) Sierra or Bonita tower you are very close to them. Next any one hotel gets to use all three hotels pools and most amenities, so you can hang out at the DLH's pool with your family and you all can go along with all of them. So I feel you will be much better off at the PP then off property, as you will almost be in an additional tower to the DLH. Enjoy your trip, and I must warn you, once you stay on property, it is hard to stay anywhere else. We get a three bedroom suite every year at the DLH in either NYE or Thanksgiving, we get the Concierge Club and I have often put extra family in the PP and they all seemed to be very happy there, and able to join up with all of us.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Yep. You and your brother are gettin' the short end. Disneyland hotel is MAGIC. Paradise Pier Hotel is the ******* child remodelled/themed to be Disneylike sorta. There is a reason the room prices are almost half the price of Disneyland Hotel. The Paradise Pier is furthest away from the park entrances. It is arguably a negligible difference in distance considering the miles you'll be covering walking thru the park(s). That said, Paradise Pier has recently had its rooms remodelled -- very nicely appointed. NO magic. Just surf flare. It uses Lilo and Stitch Hawaii surf for theming.I will say, PP has the most magnificent view of the mountains of Dland and the ENTIRE DCA park --all in one view.

Disneyland hotel has the glow in the dark pixie dust border of the ceiling/walls. It has views of Neverland Pool --very nicely themed/landscaped. It has great eats. (tho' PP has great breakfast at Lilo/stitch's there in the lobby). Great view of downtown disney.

I'm there with my peeps in April as well. And we are spread between Dland Hotel (where my family is) and PP (where I put everyone else). My family like the magic. Everyone else could care less just so long as they are staying at ONE of the resort hotels.

If you have another sibling you could rock/paper/scissors your way out of PP and into Disneyland Hotel with...do it!!
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Minion

Blog Entries

Ok so if you want you can take my opinion as biased or not... I actually work at the PPH. In either direction it take 5-10 mins to get to either the monorail or the main entrance of the park. If you go out our back door it takes 5 minutes to get to the monorail and if you walk out our front door and walk through the grand it takes 7 minutes to get to the main entrance of the park... I prefer to go to the main entrance through the grand. You also have access to the entrance to DCA through the grand. Is it any less megical I would say no. Because we are a smaller hotel we are able to get our know our guests and develop relationships with them. Its really nice. We have several guests who come to our hotel atleast 4 times a year and have a specific CM that they like to deal with every time. On our third floor is where our pool deck is located and this is also where you can view the fireworks as they push the music into that area and there is a view platform... Its a really nice spot to watch them... We have two view available to our guests which is either an Anaheim City Skyline View (Standard Room) or a Park View room which overlooks the Paradise Pier area inside the California Adventure theme park. For restraunts we have the PCH Grill which in the morning has the Lilo and Stitch Aloha Breakfast which is actually one of my favorite character breakfasts in the resort because it serves polynesian style breakfast (Rice, Eggs, Pinnaple, Pinnaple Scoans, Sausage). Its Delicious. We also have the Yamabuki restraunt which is a Japanese restaurant. It is open for lunch and dinner through the week and dinner on the weekends with no lunch.
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Eeyore smiling

Bravo Snow White, I rest the case by saying they should enjoy their stay at the PP, while being able to see just what the rest of the family is getting over at the DLH. It will give them a nice perspective to the DLR experience. And the basic truth in the posters situation is that not everyone got into the DLH, and therefore enjoy the rooms tha they do have, vs having to go to a neighboring hotel, that would have been horrible to have happened. I think they are very fortunate.
    I would like to hear from the poster after the experience to see what they thought of their experience vs the rest of the family, incorporating the cost differences too!

Quote Originally Posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
    Ok so if you want you can take my opinion as biased or not... I actually work at the PPH. In either direction it take 5-10 mins to get to either the monorail or the main entrance of the park. If you go out our back door it takes 5 minutes to get to the monorail and if you walk out our front door and walk through the grand it takes 7 minutes to get to the main entrance of the park... I prefer to go to the main entrance through the grand. You also have access to the entrance to DCA through the grand. Is it any less megical I would say no. Because we are a smaller hotel we are able to get our know our guests and develop relationships with them. Its really nice. We have several guests who come to our hotel atleast 4 times a year and have a specific CM that they like to deal with every time. On our third floor is where our pool deck is located and this is also where you can view the fireworks as they push the music into that area and there is a view platform... Its a really nice spot to watch them... We have two view available to our guests which is either an Anaheim City Skyline View (Standard Room) or a Park View room which overlooks the Paradise Pier area inside the California Adventure theme park. For restraunts we have the PCH Grill which in the morning has the Lilo and Stitch Aloha Breakfast which is actually one of my favorite character breakfasts in the resort because it serves polynesian style breakfast (Rice, Eggs, Pinnaple, Pinnaple Scoans, Sausage). Its Delicious. We also have the Yamabuki restraunt which is a Japanese restaurant. It is open for lunch and dinner through the week and dinner on the weekends with no lunch.
    Is the breakfast complimentary? ( is there such a thing at disney?)

That's great to know all three hotels have access to the GC's entrance.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Unfortunately no the breakfast is not complimentary... Its 21.99 plus tax and gratuity for adults and I believe 13.99 for children... One additional thing I would like to say is that if you have some free time take a moment to look around our lobby level at all the pictures and murals on the walls... All the pictures and murals on our walls are concept art of the Paradise Pier area... I think its one of the coolest things at our hotel... I sometimes bring people over to the hotel just to look at the art work and so far everyone has agreed it was worth the 7 minute walk over to the hotel to look at that...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

Unfortunately no the breakfast is not complimentary... Its 21.99 plus tax and gratuity for adults and I believe 13.99 for children... One additional thing I would like to say is that if you have some free time take a moment to look around our lobby level at all the pictures and murals on the walls... All the pictures and murals on our walls are concept art of the Paradise Pier area... I think its one of the coolest things at our hotel... I sometimes bring people over to the hotel just to look at the art work and so far everyone has agreed it was worth the 7 minute walk over to the hotel to look at that...
    I'll be sure to check it out. I love concept art. Thanks!

Wow that's an expensive breakfast... I'll have to bring my own cereal supplies. Haha. Is there a fridge in every room?

What benefits do on property guests have? Is it true they get early access to the parks?

• Minion

Blog Entries

Yes there is a fridge in every room and located in our lobby level in our sufside lounge there is a microwave that our guests have access to 24 hours... And yes hotel guests do have access to Magical Mornings every morning that it is offered durring your stay. It is offered on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings one hour prior to the Disneyland Park opening into Main St., Fantasyland, and Parts of Tomorrowland. Also available to our hotel guests there are various activities available like Learn to Draw Mickey... If you are standing at our front desk and go over to our glass elevator located on our wall there is a current listing of activities that you can sign up for over at our Guest Services Desk.

Yes there is a fridge in every room and located in our lobby level in our sufside lounge there is a microwave that our guests have access to 24 hours... And yes hotel guests do have access to Magical Mornings every morning that it is offered durring your stay. It is offered on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings one hour prior to the Disneyland Park opening into Main St., Fantasyland, and Parts of Tomorrowland. Also available to our hotel guests there are various activities available like Learn to Draw Mickey... If you are standing at our front desk and go over to our glass elevator located on our wall there is a current listing of activities that you can sign up for over at our Guest Services Desk.
    What about DCA?

• Minion

Blog Entries

DCA does not offer a Magical Mornings so unfortunately you will not be able to get in early to that theme park... I appologize about that as I wish it did have an option for hotel guests...

DCA does not offer a Magical Mornings so unfortunately you will not be able to get in early to that theme park... I appologize about that as I wish it did have an option for hotel guests...
    Sorry for so many questions, you've been a great help. Do you take the monorail to participate in the magic mornings? What parts of Tommorowland are opened? Space Mountain by chance, or the subs?

• Minion

Blog Entries

Oh its my pleasure to answer any questions that you might have. You can take either the main entrance or the monorail for the Magical Mornings... I would suggest the Main entrance however since there is only one monorail running at this time... With that being said it is much quicker to get into you Magical Mornings fun by going to the Main Entrance... The parts of Tomorrowland that are open are Autopia, Buzz Lightyear, Astro Orbitor, Space Mountain, Star Tours, and Finding Nemo. Basically what isn't open is Innoventions, HISTA and the DLRR...

Awesome. Thanks so much. I'm looking forward to my stay!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast