Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Question The necessity of a fourth hotel

A while back I was reading a post on blue sky Disney, and it said that eventually WDI will be planning another hotel. Now I can understand having more than one Disney owned hotel but four just seems gratuitous. Unlike WDW the resort consists of two theme parks directly across from each other so the need for an on site hotel isn’t as dire plus there are plenty of affordable “off site” hotels within reasonable distance of the park. So what’s going on why do we so many Disney hotels???

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Re: The necessity of a fourth hotel

I'm curious about whether the "eventual" hotel is coming before or after the "eventual" third gate...hrmm. As for affordable, offsite hotels...the same is true for WDW as well, although Disney has a lot more property there so the proximity is a bit off.

• Minion

Blog Entries

You would be suprised how often all three hotels are fully booked... The idea of a 4th hotel sounds great to me...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

•   
    • Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

According to the Annual Report WDW has about 8M guests nights/ per year and DLR has only 800k guest nights and is booked, if I remember correctly at about 90% of capacity. They could easily do another hotel if they price it around the cost of DLH or PP.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• Minion

Hopefully with lower prices!

I don't think Disney needs to do value pricing. The good neighbor hotels already have that covered.

The success of the Grand Californian shows they can go upscale and price accordingly.

I just hope the next hotel is truly upscale, though, in terms of the room quality.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Some time ago I remember talk somewhere on this board about a 4th hotel. At that time rumor was it was going to be build in the Timon parking lot, and would be priced similar to GCH. But that was quite sometime ago and I'm not sure I could hunt up the thread where it was.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Ah yes... mind like a rusted steel trap...

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...t=fourth+hotel

It seems like we were talking about this around the time there was serious talk going on about the 3rd gate....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Senior Minion

I also heard a rumor about a hotel right in the area that is being used for the trams for the Timon Lot and fronting right on Harbor Blvd. It was supposed to be a vicorian style building. I'm sure this is very bluesky so who knows if it would ever really happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    I don't think Disney needs to do value pricing. The good neighbor hotels already have that covered.

The success of the Grand Californian shows they can go upscale and price accordingly.

I just hope the next hotel is truly upscale, though, in terms of the room quality.

I would really like to see value and moderate hotels at DL. At WDW I have stayed off-site, Pop Century (Value), and going to Port Orleans next week (Moderate). Staying on-site in a value made a huge difference in the Disney experience for us, in fact I will be suprised if we stay off-site in the future. We are planning a DL trip for December and would love to stay at DL but even Paradise Pier is almost $300/night.

I think Disney could add 2-3 hotels at a range of price levels and keep them all occupied. I would also like to see DL offer dining plans along the lines of those offered at WDW.
    Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
    ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

• Banned User

how about make it a cast member hotel so we can live on site? i'd love that, would make commuting to work so much easier

• Imaginative Possibilities

A 4th hotel could be plausible considering the 3 are always booked...
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    A while back I was reading a post on blue sky Disney, and it said that eventually WDI will be planning another hotel. Now I can understand having more than one Disney owned hotel but four just seems gratuitous. Unlike WDW the resort consists of two theme parks directly across from each other so the need for an on site hotel isn’t as dire plus there are plenty of affordable “off site” hotels within reasonable distance of the park. So what’s going on why do we so many Disney hotels???
    Why? Quite simple. So they can have another revenue generator. And a hotel that charges double what competitive hotels 2 blocks away charge is just the ticket. And if they keep that one full, look forward to a 5th hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    Since I won't ever be staying there, I really don't care how fancy it is.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

I don't see why everyone is so opposed to more cost friendly on site hotels. I can't understand why I'd stay in a hotel for two nights and it would equal one month of rent. I definitely think they could benefit from a cheaper on site hotel. I understand some good neighbor hotels are more for people with my tastes but I'd like to stay on site with some Disney themed rooms and character dining, too damnit!

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast