• The Monkey's Uncle

NEW - Playhouse Disney Live on Stage (watch me)

For those parents and adults wondering what the new "Spring" Playhouse Disney is all about and whan to get a glimpse before lining up....

Here is the complete LIVE show recorded LIVE. (23mins)
    http://www.lightisdark.com/playhouse...yhouse400.html

Comments and criticism welcome.

More to come. Enjoy

Other videos recently uploaded.
    Enchanted "So Close" montage. (3+mins)
    http://www.lightisdark.com/test/soclose400.html

Dr. Syn DVD (Fan Teaser)
    http://www.lightisdark.com/syn400/syn400.html

• Hiding in the shadows

Re: NEW - Playhouse Disney Live on Stage (watch me)

Ok well, I tried to be very ooptimistic about the changes and I gess there is some good and some bad.

Its concerning during Clubhouse roll call that there is no Pluto, I realize he wouldnt have a talking part anyway but he is definitely missed. Its great to see how they incorporated Tootles into the story line.

I hate Handy Manny, I really do. I just dont understand the show, I wont get into it but Its just not my favorite and since they still play JoJos Circus on PHD I would have rather had them keep JoJo over the Handy Manny addition.

I am glad they kept the bubbles, streamers and other things flying from the sky, these are all parts of the show that my kids love.

Love Little Einsteins, but something I missed all all the segments was the lack of 3D props. In stanley the fishbown was out in the open, and for PPooh the tree used to open like a pop up book. The background props all seem to be part of the book without any pop-up scenes, definitely a bad change to the show.

Thanks for sharing the video, its nice to know what we have to look forward to in the new version. Some bad and some good, the fact that the song at the end is new is sad, since the Goodbye song with Lune was such a magical part of the show in the past, there is less connection to the ending now. But I think the kids will still enjoy it.

A little piece of heaven

• The Monkey's Uncle

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    (snip)
    Its concerning during Clubhouse roll call that there is no Pluto, I realize he wouldnt have a talking part anyway but he is definitely missed. Its great to see how they incorporated Tootles into the story line.
    (snip)

You know.. I completely missed that PLUTO was missing until my 4 year old and I watched the completed video at home and she said "Where is PLUTO??"

I agree with your comments.... IMHO. The Einsteins didn't seem to translate well from their 2D form. The Handy Manny scene seemed to drag a bit.

I'm hoping this video will get people excited or save you time at DCA and also waiting in the summer heat.....

•   
    • Senior Minion

thanks for posting the video. We tried to see it on the AP preview day and they had some technical problems. I've been waiting out the spring break crowds before I try to take my son again to see it. Now that I've seen the video, I know that he'll enjoy it so it will be worth the wait.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

enjoyable show, I can't stand Handy manny either.

I would rather have anything besides Handy Manny

• Banned User

I remember seeing Playhouse Disney on it's last day as the original (with Rolie Polie Olie) version, and remembering how the kids loved the part when the goodbye song was sang ans tried to sing along. It was way more Disney than the current ending. I was at the park for the second version's closing but I forgot it. My parents saw it on it's final show and said their sad they didn't see it earlier.

• Mouse lovin mama

RIP Bear in the Big Blue House.

*Emo tears*