• Design Geek

How Does the SoCal Ticket Thing Work?

Okay, dumb question.

So I'm meeting up with a whole bunch of Southern California friends next week to go into the parks...now, they can easily buy the discounted SoCal tickets. But can they buy them for myself and other out-of-towners as well? Do they just check licenses at the ticket window, or do they check IDs when you're actually entering the park?

• no flash photography...

Re: How Does the SoCal Ticket Thing Work?

When we bought the so cal 2 day parkhopper for my daughter and her BF they asked to see their id's even though we were buying them. The lady wrote their names on the passes. I don't think they checked ID's at the gate, but we were not with them all day. I don't know if all the cm's ask for id. We usually just have annual passes.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

When I bought park hoppers for my daughter and her fiance in December no one checked ID on them.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

For anyone else planning a trip soon, you should know that the beginning of April (1st-10th) will be a good time to go with very minimal crowds, but STAY AWAY the weekend of April 18-20 with the major cheer and dance competition taking place!! Went last year with it going on and it was the most crowded I've ever seen! EarlyMay won't be very crowded either!

Also, SoCal 2fer tickets are useable until May 22! So I suggest avoiding all of April and just going in early May as the best way of avoiding crowds.

• Old Timer

I purchased a SoCal 2-fer ticket for my father at Von's. No id needed. The two days he used the card he was never asked for his id. As it happens he is just barely within the zip code area. However the issue never came up.

The week of April 1st-10th will not have minimal crowds. There will still be several schools on spring break not only those days, but throughout the rest of April. This being the reason for extended park hours up until around the last week of the month.

• Dont make me unfriend you

I just used the 2fers last week. There was another thread about this not too long ago. A person from So Cal can purchase up to 8 passes for non-So Cal people. (I and my family are not So Cal people).

Nobody asked to see our IDs or anything. Just my mom had to buy them.

You have thru May 22 for the first day of use on the 2fers. So if you use the first day on May 22 you have 30 days after that to use the second day. I agree the beginning of April will continue to be somewhat busy and will obviously be busy when the cheerleaders come to town. But I would not avoid all of April.

I bought a couple passes for some friends that came in from out of state. They checked my ID when I bought them and then nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mommakat View Post
    You have thru May 22 for the first day of use on the 2fers. So if you use the first day on May 22 you have 30 days after that to use the second day. I agree the beginning of April will continue to be somewhat busy and will obviously be busy when the cheerleaders come to town. But I would not avoid all of April.
    I agree not avoiding all of April. Early April will not be that bad, as MOST of the spring breaks will be over. But those damn cheer and dance competitions make the parks more crowded than spring break anyway. Just make sure to avoid going on April 18-20 when the major cheer competition is taking place this year.