View Poll Results: What do you think WILL go on the Peoplemover/rocket ods tracks

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Incredipods

27 28.72%
  • A new Peoplemover

58 61.70%
  • other-explain

9 9.57%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Fancy that...

incredipods vs. a new Peoplemover

sorry to start the 100 billionth Peoplemover thread(there should be it's own category for this huh?) but I just wan't to discuss the possibility of a new Peoplemover vs. The Incredipods rumor. Which one is more likely to happen and what would you like to see happen.

personaly, I'd HATE to see the Incredipods come true, even if the peoplemover is a 'boring ride', that track isn't meant for a big E ticket.. or any dark ride like thing. It should just return as an updated peoplemover with a few stations to make it an actual 'transportation' system. Such as after going through Soace mountian you have the option of getting out and going onto the platform above HISTA,(not that HISTA would stay there in my imagination/idea) This stop would be called the "Tomorrowland Space Port Station"

another one could be near Autopia and such but you get the idea..

Wich one would you like to see and what do you think will happen?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: incredipods vs. a new Peoplemover

I really want to punch the guy that coined "Incredipods". Watch the movie, they're Syndrome's!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I can really see People Mover coming back!!

• =)

I dunno what WILL happen. I doubt it'll be Syndrome's pods from The Incredibles--WDI wouldn't dare complete the Pixarification of Tomorrowland to that extent. But whether or not it'll be similar to the PeopleMover...hard to say. I doubt it'll be that slow.

• Fancy that...

I'm feeling optimistic now! lol

Not everything has to be themed to a movie. Walt built a lot of attractions that had NOTHING to do with movies or TV, just with being innovative. The Peoplemover was one of them. Actually, Tomorrowland wasn't much of a Disney plug originally. Innerspace, America Sings, Rocket to the Moon/Mars, Rocket Jets, America the Beautiful, Subs, Autopia. Let's just built a great innovative attraction!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

You can't turn that track into an attraction devoted to a single movie. It's not possible!!!

Why? The track serves as a tour of Tomorrowland. Anything put on those tracks will only aid that idea.

Maybe there could be a Disney character chosen to be your tour guide, but really, I think that's the furthest extent of it. You have to go through Star Tours, Space Mountain, etc.

I think something will come back. If there is any sort of movie tie-in, I do not believe it will be as overwhelming as some fear it would be.

I also believe that WALL-E will end up somewhere in Tomorrowland. Perhaps this could be a possible tie-in?

Peoplemover, nuff said.

Walt's love of Trains!

I'm betting it will be the pods, lately Disney has been catering to the younger public more and that means incredibles, kids wont like the People Mover I'm afraid

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

As pointed out in another thread, nothing is coming back to the peoplemover tracks until they receive a seismic upgrade. And the peoplemovers are not coming back unless they are enclosed per current safety regulations. SO I don't think anyone would be well served waiting for either option.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

While I am in the camp of "I'm not happy with adding the characters to IASW but I'll deal" and also subscribe to the "I am NOT happy about taking out the Rain Forest scene," I actually would like to see the people mover update to Incredipods or Syndrome' Pods or something else new and different.

Actually at this point I think I'd like to see ANYTHING up on those tracks again, as long as it was moving and carrying passengers.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Drunken Disneyland Master

Other.
    I think an Incredibles' themed ride, athough possible, would be 'jamming' too many Pixar themed rides in one place in Tomorrowland. I wouldn't mind seeing it done.
    But on the other hand, I think bringing back a former attraction is something Disney won't do. We will see how the reopening of Sleeping Beauty will do.
    I didn't mind the Rocket Rods at all and Disney was a different company in 1998. The slowing down the cars around the banks, doing away with the wheelies and the ride shutting down every 4 minutes, I think instead of scraping the attraction all together, Disney should have found a way to fix the problem.
    I understand buget constrants, and the track wasn't made for the ride, but it's been too long just have the empty track looming over Tomorrowland.

First, please PLEASE no movie tie-in. Let Imagineering come up with something new instead of Adapt-o-neering something out of a movie. Also, the original people mover was great, but pretty much dated at this point and out of place for a futuristic Tomorrowland so lets leave it in Nostalgialand.

That said I'd like to see a leisurely paced tour type vehicle or chain of vehicles up on the tracks. Maglev would be VERY cool. How about getting one of the corps developing that to sposor the ride?? Maybe add a couple of enclosing tunnels on some of the sections of track that go over the Autopia and do some visual effects in them like a Video Diorama of some REALLY far out futuristic concepts like flying cars and stuff.

Bonus points would be awarded for putting the Rocket Jets back on top of the loading platform where they belong, the view from up that high really made the RJ a thrilling ride.
    Last edited by Grandicorney; 03-25-2008 at 11:22 PM.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

how about the line to waiting in line! Best ride EVER!
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• Dive ..... Dive.....

They need to bring back rocket rods but designed correctly this time. If they were to lengthen the track and speed up the vehicles I think it could make for our very own test track.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast