• Dark Side Full

Inspired by Disney - Pixar's...

Can someone please explain why Pixar attractions such as Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Turtle Talk with Crush, and, now, Toy Story Midway Mania have the particular and very prominent wording of...

"Inspired by Disney - Pixar"

I don't understand especially since Pixar has been adopted into the Disney Family?

I don't recall Roger Rabbit Car Toon's Spin having a sign on the side that says "Inspired by Disney - Spielberg?" Then, there's Star Tours with its "Brought to you by the Creative Forces of Lucas and Disney." But these characters aren't wholly owned by The Walt Disney Company.

Is their some fine wording in the receipt dictating Pixar must be credited in everything Disney does with its characters? It's featured in the disneyland.com website, Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure maps, and, even on the merchandise.

Me no likey.
    *People JUDGE me too quickly...

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Re: Inspired by Disney - Pixar's...

I think the main thing is that all of these attractions are based on movies that came about when Disney and Pixar were completely separate entities. On top of that, part of the deal, if I recall correctly, was for Disney to let Pixar retain its autonomy as a studio. Although I don't like that the wording is so prominent, it makes sense.

• Troublemaker

It makes sense with the older Pixar films... but then why did we also have:

Disney's California Adventure presents Disney's Steps in Time, a Disney musical featuring songs from Disney's animated features

??

Okay, so it wasn't that bad. But Disney's Steps in Time, Disney's Aladdin, Disney's Eureka, etc... seems a bit redundant and doesn't have a thing to do with the (somewhat justified) similar use of the Pixar name.

At least the Disney's Electrical Parade is named that to fill the gap in the signage where it used to say "Main Street."

• I'm not really here

It's like the WDW planning DVDs had to say: "A Walt Disney Picture's presentation of a Pixar Animation Studio's Film... [insert ride name here]".

Boils down to pesky legal issues.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Mischievous Mouse

Doesn't bother me anymore than, say... Parade of Dreams (Brought to you by Sylvania) Pixar is great, a company in it's own right, and deserving of recognition in my opinion. They've added boat-loads of cash to Disney's coffers.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Still lost in Neverland

Most of the big shots, like John Lassiter, came from Disney. John used to work at Disneyland when he was younger. A lot of what Walt Disney did with his animation inspired a lot of the people who work at Pixar, so there is a long relationship here, even though it was just between people and not companies when it started. Nothing wrong with that and it doesn't bother me at all. Disney has inspired a whole generation, including us. No Disney, No Mice Chat.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Minion

Coming soon...
    Disney's California Adventure-inspired by Disney-PIXAR

or, it could be even worse...

Disneyland-inspired by Disney-PIXAR

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Though Disney owns Pixar, Pixar is the team that made that film. If Disney bought Studio Ghibli and made an attraction, it would need to be Disney-Studio Ghibli. If Disney bought Aardman, it would be Disney-Aardman. So-on, so forth.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Though Disney owns Pixar, Pixar is the team that made that film. If Disney bought Studio Ghibli and made an attraction, it would need to be Disney-Studio Ghibli. If Disney bought Aardman, it would be Disney-Aardman. So-on, so forth.
    Exactly, plus on top of that Pixar is operated as a seperate entity. Just as ABC is a seperate entitiy.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    Doesn't bother me anymore than, say... Parade of Dreams (Brought to you by Sylvania) Pixar is great, a company in it's own right, and deserving of recognition in my opinion. They've added boat-loads of cash to Disney's coffers.
    Is it me, or is it getting a little bit redundant. "Parade Of Dreams Brought to you by Sylvania", "Disney Electrical Parade Brought To You By Sylvania" , "Remember....... Dreams Come True Presented By Honda", etc....

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    Exactly, plus on top of that Pixar is operated as a seperate entity. Just as ABC is a seperate entitiy.
    ABC7 always have to mention, "Disney is the parent company of ABC" whenever it is Disney related.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

When Disneyland opened it was owned by Walt Disney Productions, WED Enterprises, and ABC. Fantasyland was not filled with attractions like Dumbo the Flying Elephant based on Walt Disney Productions' Dumbo or Peter Pan's Flight based on Walt Disney Productions' Peter Pan. We know where the characters came from, no need to explain it in the title.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Just be glad we don't have "Disney's Pixar Play Parade!"