Paying for the resort hotels...

Has anyone checked in and switched payment type for their room? Now that they are charging the credit card right away I'm wondering if I'm going to get a big hassle on Sunday when I check into the GCH. I want to use $200 cash and $106 on my Visa Rewards card to pay for the room and ask them to credit back my card. Has anyone done this and have they given you a hard time about it?

Re: Paying for the restort hotels...

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee D View Post
    Has anyone checked in and switched payment type for their room? Now that they are charging the credit card right away I'm wondering if I'm going to get a big hassle on Sunday when I check into the GCH. I want to use $200 cash and $106 on my Visa Rewards card to pay for the room and ask them to credit back my card. Has anyone done this and have they given you a hard time about it?
    As long as you have the original credit card used to make the deposit with you when you check-in they will credit your card and take the new form of payment. Have fun at the GCH!

Thanks Denise, hopefully all will go smoothly and the room will be ready at a decent time!
    C.

Well, wasn't that a mess. It took us a hour to check in. First the gal at the desk kept insisting to me that they hadn't charged my card when I made the reservation and I showed her my confirmation e-mail that told me my card had been charged. Then she had to keep putting something in the computer and she kept saying it wouldn't "take" or something. So she got some other folks to help out and (I hope) they finally got the credit applied to the card. Then she had to take the cash and Rewards Card and use a calculator (?) to figure out how much to put back on the card, but then she told me they won't do that until we check out. But then one of the other girls wanted to double check the numbers. Thank heavens they found a room that was ready because I think they knew I was done by the end of all this. No one was sure how to do this. They told me that it would take 5-7 business days to credit the card. Lets see, I hope I wasn't charged twice, but I'll find out later in the month.
    Brother.......

I got the bill under the door this morning and they charged me $700 for one night. Well, they still can't get it to print out right. They promise me they'll have something in writing for me stating the right amount before we leave.....
    Sigh
    This has been a bit of a hassle.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

oh shoot Ceecee, that doesn't sound right at all. Not the usual service I've seen. I sure hope they make everything right for you lickedy split!
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee D View Post
    I got the bill under the door this morning and they charged me $700 for one night. Well, they still can't get it to print out right. They promise me they'll have something in writing for me stating the right amount before we leave.....
    Sigh
    This has been a bit of a hassle.
    Ask for a manager and then work with one that one person to get it straighten out.

They have really been very nice and I understand these are new procedures for them too. I've been here enough that I had a feeling it was going to be difficult; change is hard. Its a learning curve. I'm heading out for the park....

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Have a WONDERFUL day at the park!!!! I'm so excited --we'll be there this weekend!
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Old Timer

That's strange that you had so much trouble. I have twice held my room with a card and then paid with cash when I checked in; never a problem. This was at PPH. Sorry for your difficulties.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Paying for the resort hotels...

Just so everyone knows these are BRAND NEW procedures... There has not been an exuberant amount of information given out about it either... So yes there have been many difficulties...

Re: Paying for the resort hotels...

They got it all straightened up before we left. I have the right amount they credited back on my card and the small amount they charged in writing now. It was a computer glitch with this new billing system they just started. I'm sure they will get it figured out quickly. I'm not sure why management there doesn't do some training sessions before they implement the new procedures? But it all worked out fine in the end and we had a wonderful time.