X Games at D.C.A.

I never saw this particular show or demonstration, but it actually sounds like a decent idea.

I know almost everyone hated X Games at D.C.A., but I am curious to know the reasons the thing was as despised as it was.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

Re: X Games at D.C.A.

I never saw it, so I would like to know also.
    Is it coming back again, and when

• Minion

Wrong market. Disney is a family market group, X Games appeals to more thrill seeking individuals.

Since thrill seekers tend to go to Six Flags, and groups of crazed teenagers is likely to scare away families with small children... Disney decided to not continue it.

• They wanna know, HO!

do a google search, it should come up with some old MiceAge/Mouseplanet articles that Al wrote about the whole thing.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• All black 'n tan!

Well...I can give you a little input. We happened to be on a 4 day jaunt down south and I'm pretty sure that the DCA Xperience was right before the actual X Games that took place in L.A. There was a half pipe set up in the stage area on the bay/ocean and it seemed that this show was always pretty well attended (probably because it's on the way to somewhere else ) The family trekked out to the back forty to watch the other show a few times, but it was far from crowded. The xtreme sport xperts (the hubby, teen and preteens) in this house think that the show was boring, the riders didn't take risks or make big moves because they were saving it for the "real" games. I, the wimp, thought it was not only boring, but toooooo hot! We sat on hot seats...in the scorching sun...in the middle of the Timon parking lot...in front of a pile of dirt...with misters blowing the opposite direction of the audience...keeping the riders nice and cool during the microsecond they zoomed past...yippee skippee. It *did* make for a memorable trip though. Every time we go to DCA my kids ask ..."Mom, what did they do with all of that dirt?
    Smiles,
    Kristy

• Junior-Grade Diver

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    That doesn't look so bad to me either, but it sure didn't get me down to the park to see it.

Its kinda tough to convince enthusiasts of sports that like to be seen as "counter-culture" that they will see legitimate action inside of a Disney theme park. Cross-promotion rears its ugly head again.

"Hey we own ABC and ESPN, so lets co-brand an event to draw in that coveted demographic that will also serve as marketing for our upcoming events and defray the costs."

That's some visionary imagineering right there.