I noticed while at the parks on Monday, that about 7 of the animatronics on Pirates use the same face mold with slight hair/facial hair modifications.
I do not have pics but I can list the pirates from memory
1. Sitting across from the auctioneer wearing a white bandana
2. Playing the banjo/guitar with 2 other pirates, a dog, and a donkey.
3. Leaning on a pole holding a torch
4. Arms wrapped around another pirate in the burning town scene.
5. All the way to the left of the jail scene
6. The captain shooting across the water as the boats go up the lift near the end
7. The pirate leaning on the cannon, who is ironically shooting at the captain with the same face.
This is the 1st time ive noticed this after all of the hundreds of times I've visited Disneyland. I am wondering if anyone else noticed this, and why would imagineers do this? Was it difficult to construct different face molds at the time?
Thanks for reading