Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Progressive Disneylander

Re: what will they do with the dream suite?

My belief is that the plan for this suite is to eventually turn it into a high-price room once the YOAMD campaign is over.

Disney got to create it by touting it as a prize for everyday guests, but all it really is, IMO, is an advertising campaign for a suite that folks will be able to pay to stay in down the road. It will be an easy way for them to turn a sizeable profit.

I have to believe that if there are that many people who have thousands to burn on a Club 33 membership, then there certainly will be enough people who will cough up thousands of dollars to stay a night inside the park.

• Thanks, Ollie

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    My belief is that the plan for this suite is to eventually turn it into a high-price room once the YOAMD campaign is over.

Disney got to create it by touting it as a prize for everyday guests, but all it really is, IMO, is an advertising campaign for a suite that folks will be able to pay to stay in down the road. It will be an easy way for them to turn a sizeable profit.

I have to believe that if there are that many people who have thousands to burn on a Club 33 membership, then there certainly will be enough people who will cough up thousands of dollars to stay a night inside the park.
    Exactly.

...there certainly will be enough people who will cough up thousands of dollars to stay a night inside the park.
    I agree. Especially when you consider that there are suites at the Grand Californian that go for well over $10,000 a night.

• Comin' at ya!

After reading the artciel in Miceage, I'd pay a LOT of money to spend a night there just for the experience. Maybe when I go down in April, I'll be the lucky winner! (I never win at anything...so it is extremely unlikely).
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Well what i thought I heard what they're doing with the Cinderella Castle Suite is they're gonna make it a place for the Make A Wish kids to stay. I could be wrong about that but they might be doing that with this suite

• Progressive Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by mm522 View Post
    Well what i thought I heard what they're doing with the Cinderella Castle Suite is they're gonna make it a place for the Make A Wish kids to stay. I could be wrong about that but they might be doing that with this suite
    I wouldn't be surprised if such a room will host a handful of Make A Wish children/families during the year, but I'd be really surprised if either suite became an exclusive room for that.

Plus, the experience would seem that much more special (to the families and, more importantly, publicity-wise for Disney) when Disney offers a free night to a MAW family to stay in a room that many celebrities/dignitaries/etc. are paying out the wazoo to be in.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Interesting to see that the Orange County Register reads this board (And they have for a long time..)

But here is a response to the OP...

http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/...y-dream-suite/

Here’s our first “Ask Us Anything” - where you send us questions about Disney, Knott’s and the resort area and we find and share the answers. We found the question below asked by someone known as “Disney Dude” in the Mice Chat forum.....

A. “We’re enjoying the positive response from our guests who have won the chance to stay in it. With regard to what will happen with it, it hasn’t been decided yet,” said Disney Spokeswoman Susan Thomas.
    More at the link...
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by themarquisde View Post
    It is going to be made available for the highest on Disney's corporate food chain, probably VIPs as well, people the company is trying to wine and dine..
    Very possible and quite likely.

Or it may just be a perk that only Club 33 members will be able to purchase.

I wouldn't be surprised if such a room will host a handful of Make A Wish children/families during the year, but I'd be really surprised if either suite became an exclusive room for that.
    and this is probably true also. Disney/Make-a-wish do a lot together. VIP's, Club 33, MAW, and other special events is what I'm going to guess. As for the general public, I don't think it will ever be in range. And if you say money talks, yes it does and if you have the 10s of thousands of dollars to donate to a Disney charity, you're not the general public, you're a VIP.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicKingdomBoy View Post
    I agree. Especially when you consider that there are suites at the Grand Californian that go for well over $10,000 a night.
    Gulp, really? In that case I wouldn't be shocked to hear the Dream Suite fetching 25k+.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

•   
    • Super Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Interesting to see that the Orange County Register reads this board (And they have for a long time..)
    **waves to OC Register folks**

Would you like a bite of my Passholder churro?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    What I find funny is this quote:

Quote Originally Posted by OC Register
    ...where you send us questions...
    ...and the question below asked by someone known as “Disney Dude” in the Mice Chat forum...
    Did DisneyDude2006 actually send them the question, or did they come here to specifically find a question they could get a Disney spokesperson to comment on?
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    **waves to OC Register folks**

Would you like a bite of my Passholder churro?
    You just stop casting your pearls before swine. No free bites--people will pay good money for those.

• Former DL CM

I have stayed in a couple of the largest suites at the Grand Californian Hotel, including the El Capitan suite and the Whitney suite. You can't book those suites on line or through a regular reservations agent, you need to deal with a special office/desk that schedules the larger suites.

When you think about the Dream Suite, it fundamentally is a hotel room. Thus, it makes most sense to turn the suite over to the same folks at the Grand Californian that manage the larger suites there. So yes, I would guess the suite will become available to anyone who can pay the asking price. I think this makes much more sense than limiting access to a few hundred Club 33 members, some of whom might stay once for the experience, but are unlikely to be repeat customers often enough to keep the occupancy rate up. This approach also gives Disney flexibility to make the suite available from time to time for either MW families or for company VIP's.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicKingdomBoy View Post
    Unless there has been a significant price increase lately, I think this overstates the actual price by a fair amount. I believe the El Capitan suite is the largest suite at the Grand Californian and it did not cost that much in the past. Still, all of these special suites are very expensive which puts them beyond the means of most normal families.

• Comin' at ya!

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    What I find funny is this quote:

Did DisneyDude2006 actually send them the question, or did they come here to specifically find a question they could get a Disney spokesperson to comment on?

No, I didn't...so I'm assuming they came here. I'm famous!
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)