Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Decor

• Space Mountain Expert

Christmas Decor

I know I'm a bit premature on the topic, but my family is planning a trip to Disneyland the week of November 7th thru 10th. I'm wondering if any of you great Chatters know whether or not the Christmas Decorations are going to be up at that time.
    I'm really hoping they are, and I've called Disney Guest Relations, but she told me to call back in September because she couldn't tell me about anything further than 2 months from now.
    Can anyone shed some light on the likelihood (sp?) of everything being festive?
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: Christmas Decor

Usually they are up the first week of November you should be safe. We've been during that time period twice and both times the decorations and such are all up and prettiful. Only thing missing was the parade, but that won't be there this year anyways!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• insufferable know-it-all

The tree appears the day after Halloween. One year, Disneyland dressed up as Christmas FOR Halloween, but I think there were enough objections to that that they now wait.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• I won't grow up!

when do they go down?
    I am going over new years and it would be awsome if they were still up

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

• Space Mountain Expert

Thanks for the info. You've made my day, and the ensuing months, fantastic.
    I'm soooo stoked for November that I can't see straight. Bring on Jack Skellington and Haunted Mansion Holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

The Christmas decorations are usually taken down one week after New Years.

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Will Haunted Mansion Holiday be up by October 13th? We hope to be there for a couple of days to celebrate our Birthdays! Gotta love Jack....
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• insufferable know-it-all

Should be up by the end of September if they're doing it. I'm hearing conficting rumors, but I find it hard to believe they wouldn't.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Should be up by the end of September if they're doing it. I'm hearing conficting rumors, but I find it hard to believe they wouldn't.
    Thanks as always - we sure hope they do it! Would be a bad year to skip....
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• oh bugger

From what I've read the Mansion will be down until Sept 29th at which time the Holiday Makeover will be up and running until after New Year's. As far as the decorations it seems that they slowly phase things into the park over the month of November. It takes a lot of work to get Disneyland into holiday mode. At least thats the way it was last year. You will have some decorations up right after Halloween is over, but in between Halloween and Thanksgiving is the prep time, anytime after Thanksgiving and from the looks of it everything is decorated.

Not much beats Disneyland decorated for the holiday season, especially the snow, ya think it will snow during the new fireworks as part of the "decor"?

• Space Mountain Expert

Quote Originally Posted by jurgenb52
    Not much beats Disneyland decorated for the holiday season, especially the snow, ya think it will snow during the new fireworks as part of the "decor"?
    I also am wondering about this. Does anyone out there have info. whether they are planning the 'snow' effect after the fireworks??

the world of disneyking

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by jurgenb52
    From what I've read the Mansion will be down until Sept 29th at which time the Holiday Makeover will be up and running until after New Year's. As far as the decorations it seems that they slowly phase things into the park over the month of November. It takes a lot of work to get Disneyland into holiday mode. At least thats the way it was last year. You will have some decorations up right after Halloween is over, but in between Halloween and Thanksgiving is the prep time, anytime after Thanksgiving and from the looks of it everything is decorated.

I have heard confirmation, though I don't remember where, that there WILL be snow during the fireworks. I haven't yet heard if they're planning a special holiday version of Remember, or if it will just randomly snow afterwards. Personally, I think a holiday version would be awesome.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    I have heard confirmation, though I don't remember where, that there WILL be snow during the fireworks. I haven't yet heard if they're planning a special holiday version of Remember, or if it will just randomly snow afterwards. Personally, I think a holiday version would be awesome.

It would be great if they had a holiday version of Remember... The Haunted Mansion portion could be re-done to Haunted Mansion Holiday, and they can substitute something and add a Small World Holiday portion in it's place since I don't think Small World is even currently in the show anyway, which I find odd.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Believe in Holiday Magic will NOT be presented during the Christmas 2005 season.

however, there will be "snowfall" on Main Street.

Remember, Dreams Come true will continue to be presented during the Christmas 2005 season.

the Christmas parade will be re-located to DCA and Parade of Dreams will continue its run at Disneyland.

• Confuzled Woozle

Last year they had the decorations up at that point along with Haunted Mansion Holiday, but they did not have the parade or the fireworks going.
    Did you hear about the three blondes who were driving to Disneyland?
    After being in the car for hours, they saw a sign that said "Disneyland left" so they turned around and went home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast