Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Why We Continue To Go To DLR ;)

Today my little family and I went to Disneyland Resort. It was our second trip this week, and we decided to have lunch at Storytellers and then head to DCA - since we never get over to DCA.

Anyway, our lunch was great........and Grant had a great time.....and then all of a sudden we noticed....his face was breaking out in welts around his mouth and cheeks. We figured right off the bat that he was having an allergic reaction to some food.

Our co-server, Joanna, came to our table to see how we were and I asked if there was a store where we could get some Benedryl for Grant to curb the allergy. (They've removed it from shelves for toddlers, but our Doctor told us what to do in this event and gave us the dosage amount to give Grant from the little boys Benedryl)

Anyway, 45 seconds later, the Manager on hand was at our table asking us questions and telling us that security was on the way as well as a resort nurse!

Shortly after, Ruben, of DLR Security, was at our table to make sure we were Ok.....and that the nurse would be there momentarily.

Moments later, Nurse Tina was at our table checking Grant.....checking his tummy and his pulse and checking his breathing and heart.....and the stethescope totally intrigued him....

She gave us signs of what to watch for....but believed that he was going to be OK and that if Doc had given us a dosage of childrens Benedryl to administer, to go ahead and do that, and he should probably be fine, but if needed, would be happy to send us to a local hospital if we felt it necessary.

It is incredible to me about what SUPERIOR service my family and I got today at DLR. I can't tell you how 'secure' I felt....it's such a good feeling that they had our wellbeing in mind and went to these great lengths...I'm speechless really.

What I CAN tell you is that this is just 1 reason why my wife and I as well as our son continue to be patrons of Disneyland Resort. We feel very secure in this place......and in this thread, I'd like to thank them for SUPERIOR SUPERIOR service. Walt Disney would be terribly proud of what happened today how the cast 'performed'. And for the record, I have already sent a letter to Disneyland Resort mentioning the CM's involved and the superior service they gave to us today.

Anyway, just had to share today's story with you and give you a little 'review' of what a fabulous place DLR is.

Thanks

• Goofy

Re: Why We Continue To Go To DLR ;)

Im glad to hear that your kid is going to be just fine thank goodness.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Glad Grant is OK. That is a wonderful story and just goes to show that Disney does do things right! Kudos to them.

• Seasick

That is wonderful customer service, thanks for sharing. Glad it was a minor incident, food allergies can be scary. Did you figure out the exact cause?

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Awesome job Disney!!!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Picturing the Magic

thanks for sharing! My family had a similar event with our grandmother where security and some nurses were on the spot immediately. BRAVO DISNEY

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

This is a wonderful story Disneyland Daddy. The response from all the CMs was pretty amazing to read about. And I'm glad that Grant is okay. Thanks for letting us know about your experience at Storytellers!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I know I go there because I love it.

I remember one day back in the early 90's, I didn't want to go. But my friend said "Oh come on, it'll be fun" so I went. At first I was cranky, but by the end of the day I was a happy man. It made ME happy!! And really, that's what it's all about.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Cool Re: Why We Continue To Go To DLR ;)

Thanks for sharing David. I am so glad Grant is okay and a big thank you to the Cast that came to your son's aid. Walt would be proud for sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• no flash photography...

this is a great story, but ti does make me wonder if they do it because they care or to avoid lawsuits....

• Nela25

So glad your son is ok. This is why we "love" Disneyland.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Aww, I smiled at this story because it was good all around. Your son was okay and you were happy with how Disneyland handled it. Thanks for telling it!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Fantastic. Glad little man is ok.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    this is a great story, but ti does make me wonder if they do it because they care or to avoid lawsuits....
    Maybe....but I don't know how we or anyone could sue because of a food allergy......either way, Disneyland Resort CM's were fantastic...and it's that service oriented attitude that catapults them above the rest.....and it's just one reason my family and I continue to happily continue to be Annual Passholders.....we love the place and the service.

• Senior Minion

Fantastic story DD! Glad to see you and your family got through the day without Grant's allergy getting worse thanks to the wonderful service of the Cast Members. I have to say that I too feel very secure at the parks, and that is probably why I do tend to go there with a worry free mind - I also find it VERY easy to leave my troubles at the gate the moment I enter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast