Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VIP Tour

• 1375 miles away

VIP Tour

Has anyone done the VIP tour? I am considering signing up for this one in November. Can anyone share your experiences and opinions, please? I know they try to customized the tour to your requests. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, what time does the tour start?
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-14

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
    Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
    November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

• =)

Re: VIP Tour

I've done part of a modified Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour and enjoyed it. :shrug:

All I know is IT IS EXPENSIVE!!!! might be worth it maybe one day I will try one but I have never done any of the tours period.

• 1375 miles away

Quote Originally Posted by Magus View Post
    All I know is IT IS EXPENSIVE!!!! might be worth it maybe one day I will try one but I have never done any of the tours period.
    Considering we spent almost that much on PS for Fantasmic and the Discover Magic Tour last year I figured it would be well worth having a guide practically to ourselves to organize a customized tour for us. But then that is why I was asking for opinions of others who have taken the tour.
    Last edited by mariezp; 03-30-2008 at 01:43 PM. Reason: additional info
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-14

• Yes ... Wicked! ;)

The VIP tour prices have gone up, so be sure that you find out how much it is first. You have the Tour Guide for a minimum of 6 or 8 hours. The Tour Guide is like a walking/talking map. You don't get onto the attractions faster or anything like that. But ... since they know the pluse of the park, they know how to navigate through the park faster, and you can ask them all the trivia questions you can think of.

It's just a matter of, if you think $120.00 an hour, or whatever the price is, is worth it for you and your family. I must stress again, that they cannot get you onto attractions any faster. That is for people who are a security risk only (highly recognized celebrities or government officials. i.e. Tom Crusie, Paris Hilton, The President's daughters, the First Lady, the Govenor of Calif. ... you get the idea). So, again, you are paying to have a walking/talking map.

• Thanks, Ollie

VIP Tour prices have recently increased to $125/hour for a minimum of 6 hours.

If you're not a genuine, security-risk, high profile celebrity, having a VIP Tour Guide will not expedite attraction boarding processes, however there are many other perks in having a guide, especially if you're with a large group or are unfamiliar with the parks. It certainly may be beneficial to you if you're heading to the parks towards the end of November, when the park starts buzzing with all of the Holiday festivities. Your tour will start whenever you and your group are ready! Your tour is all about you, you set the agenda, you tell us everything you want to do and we'll make it happen!

We'll be able to make all sorts of reservations for you and your guests including parades, fireworks, Fantasmic!, dining, and shows. As WickedQueen mentioned, we know how the parks work, how to time your day out to incorporate everything you want to get done, and, of course, we'll answer any sort of trivia questions you can dream up.

Please feel free to send me a PM if you have any more questions or would like any other information!

• 1375 miles away

Well now that is just crazy! $125/hour for a minimum of 6 hours. When they increase prices they don't just raise them a little, do they? I guess that leaves us common people out! Oh well, aside from the cost, I wouldn't mind 4 hours but 6-8 hours is a bit more time than I really wanted to devote on a tour anyway. Guess I will just have to plan another special event.
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-14

• For You!

You know, even if you are a celebrity, you should still have to wait in line like everybody else - or have your plaid hold your place while you hide somewhere. You should not get to cut to the front. If they can pay for the privilege, everybody else should be able to also.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Do the Walk in Walt's footsteps. Much less expensive and very informative for the Disney geek in all of us.

[quote=themarquisde;2676063] We'll be able to make all sorts of reservations for you and your guests including parades, fireworks, Fantasmic!, dining, and shows. As WickedQueen mentioned, we know how the parks work, how to time your day out to incorporate everything you want to get done, and, of course, we'll answer any sort of trivia questions you can dream up. quote]

Do you love your job? I would love to do what you do. What is the craziest question you ever had from a guest?

• Thanks, Ollie

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    You know, even if you are a celebrity, you should still have to wait in line like everybody else - or have your plaid hold your place while you hide somewhere. You should not get to cut to the front. If they can pay for the privilege, everybody else should be able to also.
    "Your Plaid" cannot hold your place in line, imagine when you're just behind one Tour Guide and then comes their party of 25. It's terribly rude to the other guests waiting in line.

Were the VIP high profile, there is no possibility for 'their Plaid' to leave their side, lest they be mobbed by fans when the guest is there simply to enjoy time with their family. They should be given the same opportunity to enjoy time with their kids as you have, without worrying about appeasing fans or seeming rude to turn them away.

• 1375 miles away

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Do the Walk in Walt's footsteps. Much less expensive and very informative for the Disney geek in all of us.
    Something to consider. I haven't done that one yet. Are they still doing it with the headphones? Just wonder if they have they worked out the problems they had with it in the beginning? Comments from anyone on this one?
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-14

• Thanks, Ollie

[quote=Denise;2676444]
    Quote Originally Posted by themarquisde View Post
    We'll be able to make all sorts of reservations for you and your guests including parades, fireworks, Fantasmic!, dining, and shows. As WickedQueen mentioned, we know how the parks work, how to time your day out to incorporate everything you want to get done, and, of course, we'll answer any sort of trivia questions you can dream up. quote]

Do you love your job? I would love to do what you do. What is the craziest question you ever had from a guest?
    I absolutely love my job! I've had so many crazy questions that it's hard to narrow them down, you'd have to give me a sub-category! One of the weirdest things I've encountered is when 25-40 year old men grab their daughter's Princess Autograph books to ask a VIP guest for their autograph.

• =)

I've never done the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, but I've done a unique tour that included parts of that tour. One thing I know you get to do is play with one of the animatronic flowers from the Tiki Room. It's pretty cool--you can depress the mechanism in back to make the mouth open and close. Don't know if I'd pay for the tour, but I thought that part was pretty sweet.

It's not so much a matter of the celebs getting what they want as it is a matter of keeping them moving. If they're standing around in a line for forty-five minutes, they're guaranteed to have a far worse time than you will because you won't be mobbed by fans.

• Thanks, Ollie

Quote Originally Posted by mariezp View Post
    Something to consider. I haven't done that one yet. Are they still doing it with the headphones? Just wonder if they have they worked out the problems they had with it in the beginning? Comments from anyone on this one?
    The headphone difficulties have been worked out and the tour has been updated again with some really beautiful music and wonderful quotes from Walt and the folks that influenced/assisted in the creation of the park.

The Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour is a great alternative to a VIP Tour if you're mainly seeking the knowledge that a Tour Guide can provide. Often guests are intimidated to interrupt, but I find it to be a much better experience for everyone when things are conversational, versus a three hour Disney lecture. Feel free to ask your Tour Guide anything! We've had extensive training on the history and heritage of the park, so if you're looking for an answer to a nagging Disney question, tours are a great place to find the answer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast