Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Club 33 B.S.!

• Mentat

Club 33 B.S.!

Here is my big issue:

I have written to Club 33 four times in the past year. Each time, I politley ask for more information regarding membership. I have offered credit references, financial statements and character references. I have not received a reply or a returned letter. This means someone is getting my letter-- and presumably discarding it. I am wondering if any of you have had the same experience. I am also wondering if you have any suggestions...

For that matter is Club 33 really worth it?

•   
    • baby steps, baby steps...

Re: Club 33 B.S.!

Just a simple letter requesting membership information is the best way to go. Don't over play your hand. I was told to submit a simple request for info and they honored it. Good luck!

Just send the email and WAIT!! You will be lucky if you get a response at all. It's like getting tickets to Wimbledon or for a football game at Green Bay. You are put on a waiting list. When your time comes, you will be contacted.

• Minion

Sorry that you have gotten the bums rush. Me on the other hand, have a book of matches from Club 33 with MY Last Name on it! hehehe I can't say which of my family members went, but one of them certainly did go.
    I caught my wife trying to use them and almost broke her hand trying to stop her from using them.
    Good Luck!
    -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
    adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
    our last frontier on the planet Earth.

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 09-18-2005 at 02:07 PM.

• FastPass n00b

Club 33 seems like it would be nice, but it's something like $10,000 to join and $2,000 every year. I was considering requesting membership but then I got to thinking about it and it is a lot of money for a restaurant. I've been going to Disneyland since I was born and it'd just be interesting to see what I was missing for the past 26 years by going into the one "public" area of Disneyland that I've never seen before. Not to mention the history of the place and availability of alcohol inside Disneyland. Nothing like a good belt of scotch before heading out into the park again.

It's interesting that before the Internet, Club 33 was a pretty private club (almost secret) that very few people even knew about, let alone knew what it looked like inside. But nowadays you can find pictures and information on it just about anywhere. I've heard that Disneyland Tokyo has a Club 33 that's truly exclusive/private. I don't know if it's urban legend or what, but it seems like a pretty interesting rumor. Without the Walt Disney factor Club 33 isn't as special though so Japan can keep their Club 33, we have Walt's private dining area.
    Last edited by Athlonacon; 08-10-2005 at 09:03 PM.

• Mentat

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Wench
    The waiting list is several years long, I have been on it for a year. You just have to send them a letter requesting information and a form to fill out to be added to the waiting list. Sending in any other info will probably not even be looked at. I rec'd my info packet in less that a month, they will not send you a confirmation that you have been added to the wait list.
    That is what I understood, and that has been the overall message of my letters. The first one was sent months ago. No response-- no packet. I figure I will get put on a waiting list for 5-7 years...and that's OK, because i can;t really afford it right now. There has to be a CM member of Mice Chat who knows something....Hmmmmm.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cbkonczak
    That is what I understood, and that has been the overall message of my letters. The first one was sent months ago. No response-- no packet. I figure I will get put on a waiting list for 5-7 years...and that's OK, because i can;t really afford it right now. There has to be a CM member of Mice Chat who knows something....Hmmmmm.
    From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman...

I say you start a wide sweep of networking of influential people right now and that way it will up your odds of going.
    -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
    adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
    our last frontier on the planet Earth.

• Mentat

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidspaceman
    From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman...

I say you start a wide sweep of networking of influential people right now and that way it will up your odds of going.
    OK, who would you suggest I start with?

• Social Imagineer

To each his own, but Club 33 is, imo, hardly worth the cash it takes to become and maintain being a member. It's a nice restaurant. The end. The quality of the place, while still marvelous, has gone precipitously downhilll in the last decade or so. The cache of the place has almost vanished with its former invisibility.

And, though a minor matter, it's hardly the only place to get a stiff drink at the resort anymore.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    To each his own, but Club 33 is, imo, hardly worth the cash it takes to become and maintain being a member. It's a nice restaurant. The end. The quality of the place, while still marvelous, has gone precipitously downhilll in the last decade or so. The cache of the place has almost vanished with its former invisibility.

And, though a minor matter, it's hardly the only place to get a stiff drink at the resort anymore.
    I agree. It would be far more satisfying to be invited and have some company pay for the meal.
    The cache has also almost vanished when people were just going there for a meal and not trying to sell some multi-million dollar contract.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• That Guy

^ I like that old saying, "Why join a club that doesn't want you?" I can totally appreciate the fact that it is super cool, and special, blah blah blah, but if I have an extra ten grand, it will go to my future kid's college fund or something, not access to a restaurant.....

• Traveler to the south

I am fortunate enought to "know people" so I will be eating at Club 33 for my birthday this year for the second time. It enhances the trip but I don't think I would pay that much or wait that long for a membership. I think about all the times I went before I even cared and had as much, if not even more, fun! I do have to admit that the food is out of this world!!
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

• Minion

My hats off to all of you that can even entertain the idea of applying!

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    ^ I like that old saying, "Why join a club that doesn't want you?" I can totally appreciate the fact that it is super cool, and special, blah blah blah, but if I have an extra ten grand, it will go to my future kid's college fund or something, not access to a restaurant.....

Exactly.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast