Thumbs up New Stage Show For D-land's 55th Anniversary

For those who know me, know that I'm a huge fan of Disneyland stage shows, ever since I saw my first one back in 1981, *Show Biz Is*...

And I've been hoping that Disneyland will use their 55th anniversary for 2010 as a good reason to produce a new stage show. Perhaps reflecting on the last 55 years of Disneyland. Infact, it can almost be an up-dated version of the hit stage show, *Disneyland Is Your Land* that they did for their 25th and 30th anniversary.

The last stage show they had was *Snow White...An Enchanting Musical*, but I never considered that to be all that good. The last decent show was *Animazement...The Musical*.

They really need to re-locate the Disney Princess Fantasy Faire to another area of the Park. I like the concept of the DPFF, but just not where it's currently at. The last I heard, the DPFF was to end after this year is over and the *Year Of A Million Dreams* is history.

So let's hope once that happens, and the Disney folks will get it together and create a stage show worth seeing. Heck, they can even get rid of the musical, *Aladdin* at DCA and do something there too. That show definitely needs to go...it's way past it's time!

I know I'm probably not the norm when it comes to stage shows, since most guests and AP's who go to Disneyland want to experience the rides and attractions, or even a parade. But I would welcome anyone's thoughts and opinions on this subject.

THANKS!

• Queen Elsa

Re: New Stage Show For D-land's 55th Anniversary

Don't get in my mom's way then she loves the Aladdin show and she doesn't want it to go away ever. She told me if that show ever left she would never come back to Disneyland ever.

• Hello

Cool Re: New Stage Show For D-land's 55th Anniversary

I've never seen Alladin, but I know people who say it is great. Anyway, they should use that stage back by Big Thunder Ranch (I think it's still unused). Maybe a cowboy or wild west theming to match the scenery around the stage. They should make a show that incorporates music, singing, dancing, characters, and special effects, that would be the best.

P.S. Awesome photo at Joe's Italian Ice. Oh, sorry,

I would love to see them do an actual high school musical play. The kids would all love it and the music and dance scenes are enough to keep others interested.

• Dreaming of Disneyland

It would be nice to have a new stage show, particularly one worth watching. In the past, I would make the time to stop and see the shows, but haven't in quite a while. I think I last saw Aladdin in 2003; on my more recent visits, I haven't thought it worth the time.

Of course, I initially assumed that the Hyperion would have a regular rotation of shows; as Aladdin has been in the theatre for at least five years, however, I assume that's not the case.

I liked what they did with the hyperion before alladin good shows that changed every year or so. I think I remember seeing blast! god that was a good show
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

i like aladdin its a great show, but mabye it is time for a change
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Goofy

yeah how about beauty and the beast. I still like aladdin show though.

• revolutionary waltz

Aladdin is a wonderful, wonderful production, but a change would be welcome--just to keep things fresh. However, if it's not quality compared to Aladdin, obviously it wouldn't be wise to change it just for the sake of change.

• DisneyBear

I hear ya there, I love the old stage shows as is "Show Biz Is" and "Disneyland Is Your Land". I miss the fun stage shows of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Brwnbear1967 View Post
    I hear ya there, I love the old stage shows as is "Show Biz Is" and "Disneyland Is Your Land". I miss the fun stage shows of the past.
    OK BrwnBear1967, you are my new best friend, LOL! Anyone who knew about and enjoyed shows like, *Show Biz Is* and *Disneyland Is Your Land* is TOPS in my book! It's so nice to know there are others out there who have an appreciation for the shows of the past!

THANK YOU!!!

Shows like those were the best. I still remember crying during One Man's Dream in 1990. Not sure if that's the emotion they were going for, but it certainly worked! A show like that (that incorporates various aspects of Disneyland as well as characters from assorted movies) will make me want to return time and time again. The more recent shows that concentrated on a single movie were still good, but not quite as repeatable. Beauty & The Beast was an excellent production (still superior to WDW's, I believe), then Pocahontas was creative but not quite as engaging, then Animazement used a few twists to "combine" the movies to what I'd call a medium level of success, and then Snow White had beautiful sets, but messed way too much with the story to try to update it. PFF needs to move out - this is a theatre, not a merchandise location. The next show really does need to play on nostalgia - look how well the 50th and subsequent "retro" merchandise has done at the Parks. Fingers are crossed!
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    Shows like those were the best. I still remember crying during One Man's Dream in 1990. Not sure if that's the emotion they were going for, but it certainly worked! A show like that (that incorporates various aspects of Disneyland as well as characters from assorted movies) will make me want to return time and time again. The more recent shows that concentrated on a single movie were still good, but not quite as repeatable. Beauty & The Beast was an excellent production (still superior to WDW's, I believe), then Pocahontas was creative but not quite as engaging, then Animazement used a few twists to "combine" the movies to what I'd call a medium level of success, and then Snow White had beautiful sets, but messed way too much with the story to try to update it. PFF needs to move out - this is a theatre, not a merchandise location. The next show really does need to play on nostalgia - look how well the 50th and subsequent "retro" merchandise has done at the Parks. Fingers are crossed!

Thank you, SpectroMan for your support on my thread. And I totally agree with you about One Man's Dream...that was another great stage show Disneyland produced. And you hit it on the mark with that one important word, NOSTALGIA!! So along with yours, my fingers are crossed too!

Thanks again!!

• AKA - DisneyChris

I remember when I was younger, Disneyland often had smaller scale Character shows in the afternoons, usually at the Carnation Garden and sometimes at the Tomorrowland Terrace, featuring the Kids of the Kingdom, and a fun grooping of costumed friends. I miss those. It was aways a nice little way to relax during the heat of the day. I remember a great little skit at the Gardens stage featuring the Three Little Pigs wearing funky sunglasses and doing a rock n roll novelty tune with the Big Bad Wolf. Does anyone else remember that??? Must have been around the Early 80s.
    Last edited by DisneyChrisDotCom; 04-03-2008 at 04:00 PM.