Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Attention All Annual Passholders!

I am doing a report on why people become annual passholders. What's so intriguing about the park? Who do you go there with? How often do you go? How long have you had your annual pass? Did you grow up in the area or have one while growing up? What kind of annual pass do you have? Is having an annual pass a major deal to you or do you rarely go? Has Disney helped you become the person you are today?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Attention All Annual Passholders!

I'll bite.

Quote Originally Posted by dgraf View Post
    I am doing a report on why people become annual passholders. What's so intriguing about the park? I've love it since I was 3.

Who do you go there with? All depends, sometime with whole family, sometimes with one or both children, sometimes to meet up with Micechatters

How often do you go? 30-50 times a year.
    How long have you had your annual pass? 11 years

Did you grow up in the area or have one while growing up? I grew up in the 70s. No such thing as an annual pass then.

What kind of annual pass do you have? I have premium, wife & kids have deluxe

Is having an annual pass a major deal to you or do you rarely go? See above, I get my moneys worth.

Has Disney helped you become the person you are today? Helped? Sure. Every experience has made me what I am today, good or bad. Disneyland has certainly brought my family closer and has been a perfect hooby for me
    Hope this helps and welcome to MiceChat.

Chad

•   
    • I <3 o

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Disneyland has certainly brought my family closer and has been a perfect hooby for me
    What exactly is a hooby Chad? is that any relation to a booby?
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Adelade View Post
    What exactly is a hooby Chad? is that any relation to a booby?
    Hey Adelade, nice Hoobies!

•   
    • I <3 o

Hey Adelade, nice Hoobies!
    Thanks, I grew them myself
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• Award Weiners!?

This is why we got annuals:

But to answer some of your questions....

What's so intriguing about the park? Everything! We use this place as an escape from reality, a place to get away from the harshness of the real world.

Who do you go there with? The family, and ANYONE who is willing to tag along.

How often do you go? As often as possible, we are about 5 hours away and try to go to Disneyland at least twice a month!

How long have you had your annual pass? One year, for now...

Did you grow up in the area or have one while growing up? Never. Born and raised in San Jose.

What kind of annual pass do you have? Premiums.

Is having an annual pass a major deal to you or do you rarely go? YES! Like I said before, we try to go as often as possible. Basically, if you go to Disneyland more than twice in one year, you're better off getting an annual.

Has Disney helped you become the person you are today? Yes! I'm much more patient around crowds, especially at the malls during Christmas time.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Adelade View Post
    Thanks, I grew them myself
    Well, I need tips. And I'd like to know how to grow them.

• Senior Minion

What's so intriguing about the park?
    I enjoy being drawn into the different "themes" that exist in Disneyland. It holds a lot of happy memories as well, so I go there when I'm feeling down or need a little escape to remember those happy times.

Who do you go there with?
    I usually go on my own, sometimes with MiceChatters and now that my sister got her PAP (Premium AP) I'll be going with her as well.

How often do you go?
    I go on average about once a week, twice if I'm lucky ... or work is getting too hectic ... LOL!

How long have you had your annual pass?
    I've had my AP now for 2 years, and I have to confess that MC was the reason I got it in the first place. I came to this website looking for reviews on Mickey's Halloween Treat and saw so many wonderful trip reports of MiceChatters having fun - and decided I wanted to join the fun.

Did you grow up in the area or have one while growing up?

I did not have an AP growing up, but have lived in Los Angeles all my life. I recall when I was younger seeing the AP ads and always promising myself that one day I would have one (of course they were a lot cheaper back then).

What kind of annual pass do you have?
    I have a premium AP - no block out dates for me!

Is having an annual pass a major deal to you or do you rarely go?
    Does the phrase ... I have my AP on me at ALL times ... seem like a major deal?

Has Disney helped you become the person you are today?
    As I tell all my co-workers who look at my Disney festooned cubicle ... "Disneyland keeps me sane!"

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Great picture Hiim! And welcome to micechat to you as well!

• Award Weiners!?

Great picture Hiim! And welcome to micechat to you as well!
    Thanks! This is the next best thing to being in the park, especially when we're so far away.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by hiimj0ne View Post
    Thanks! This is the next best thing to being in the park, especially when we're so far away.
    Glad you like it! I'm rather fond of the site as well. Once you come to a meet, you'll think even more about MiceChat I'd be willing to bet.

It's the Happiest Place on Earth!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

What's so intriguing about the park? why its magical of course. no, seriously. its magical.

Who do you go there with? nobody. my photography has bound me to eternal solitude at disneyland.

How often do you go? once a week. can't get enough. i look forward to next weeks trip every time i leave.

How long have you had your annual pass? 16 years

Did you grow up in the area or have one while growing up? im about 35 minutes away. but didnt have one till high school

What kind of annual pass do you have? it was always a premium until i got tired of the crowds and realized i prefer lower attendance days. Now I avoid Saturdays like the plague and prefer the deluxe pass now

Is having an annual pass a major deal to you or do you rarely go? huge deal. i could never be without one.

Has Disney helped you become the person you are today? Disney inspired me to become an animator and to one day create my own animated films. guess you could say im following Walts foot steps.
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

• Master of Disaster

What's so intriguing about the park? Its a place where its ok to be a big kid.
    Who do you go there with? My GF, My brother, My friends, whoever has a pass really.
    How often do you go? Close to once a week.
    How long have you had your annual pass? about 7 years now.
    Did you grow up in the area or have one while growing up? Grew up in the area. didn't have a pass till my senior year of high school though.
    What kind of annual pass do you have? Premium
    Is having an annual pass a major deal to you or do you rarely go? I plan on renewing for many more years! so i'd say its a major deal.
    Has Disney helped you become the person you are today? Sure probably.

You forgot to ask WHY I have a pass in the first place so I will tell you: PRICE! a one time cost and I have a full year of going to a place on a date or just because that costs me the price of a gallon of gas. on a per trip basis this is one of the cheapest things I do but its the most fun!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

OK, before I answer the questions, let me state a few things. I was born in 1960, and my father's business had a lot of international visitors coming to SoCal and staying with us. I was lucky enough to join the "tourists" and got places like Disneyland, Knott's, SeaWorld, USH, Magic Mountain and the San Diego Zoo many times a year when I was a child, so my "history" does play a significant part in regards to the answers below.

What's so intriguing about the park?
    It is something I grew up with, a place to go and have fun, and now has a lot of memories.

Who do you go there with?
    Well, originally it was family and friends, then started to attend the Noon Meet at the Hub (yes, prior to MiceChat). Now, it is either by myself (basically to take photos and gather information for my weekly articles), with my Girlfriend (who I met at the Noon Meet at the Hub) or meeting up with folks I got to know from the Internet.

How often do you go?
    About twice a week to Disneyland, and then try to get to Knott's about once a week (sometimes on the same day). I prefer the off-season for a few reasons. First less crowds. Then the fact that construction and changes to the park are usually done in the slower periods, and since that is my "specialty" in the Theme Park world, I have more desire to stop by the parks and get the latest changes. In the summer, when it is busy, I tend to go about once a week.

How long have you had your annual pass?
    Well, which park, and why. As a native San Diegan, my first type of pass was for Belmont Park in San Diego, where you could buy a punch card for the summer. Each visit got you a wristband for unlimited rides for the day back in the mid 1970's. I also got a membership in the San Diego Zoo with my family in the 1970's. As for Disneyland, I can't give you the exact date, but it was the "old-school" AP that included a Polaroid photo and was laminated (and I wish I saved it!), so some time in the late 1990's. Currently I have AP's (or SP's - a season pass is a pass good from January thru December, no matter when you purchase one) for Disneyland, Knott's, SeaWorld, Universal Studios, Six Flags, San Diego Zoo/Wild Animal Park, and LEGOLAND.

Did you grow up in the area or have one while growing up?
    I am a proud native San Diegan (actually Ocean Beach), and lived in San Diego until a couple of years ago, when I moved in with my Girlfriend in Tustin. (Ironically, I used to date another girl in Tustin back in the 1980's who lived about 1 block away from where I am currently living.) So I am used to the I-5 commute.

What kind of annual pass do you have?
    I have a premium AP for Disneyland and basically a Premium for all the other parks.

Is having an annual pass a major deal to you or do you rarely go?
    As a SoCal local, it isn't a big deal, it is just part of my life. I have been going to theme parks for almost 50 years, and when I go on vacation, I try and visit local parks wherever I go. So "big" deal.. NO, but it is part of my life.

Has Disney helped you become the person you are today?
    I have a lot of memories of Disneyland (and other parks) as a kid. In fact, had a chance to play "tour guide" for about an hour Sunday with the "youngest Cast Member" that worked in Disneyland (Check my Monday article for more info on David DeFore). It was fun to talk about the Mule Train and other memories. I think the important part of the experience are the people I went with. Yes the shows and attractions are fun, but spending time with others is the main key to what I have become today.

And of course, since I am now a well known Theme Park Photographer and Reporter, well, yes, the parks have made a major impact in my life.

But I need to finish this with a Major Statement.

The Biggest and Best thing that the parks have brought to my life is my current girlfriend Lisa. Without the parks, I would have never have met her, and so very lucky that I did!

My former fiancee, Sharon, back in the 1980's I met at a wedding, but we both went to the parks on a regular basis, and has some very good memories for me also.

And as mentioned above, I have met a lot more folks and have made some wonderful friendships, and there are plenty of folks I seriously care about! And that is what is important!!!!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast