Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Napa Rose

• Still wants to be a cat!

Napa Rose

Finally my Hubby and I are going to the Napa Rose (in GCH) for dinner on Monday night upcoming, I know it is expensive, but anyone who has been there, we would like suggestions. Do we go all out....or what? I figuring about 2-3 hours for dinner, (Wolfette will be in DL), is that about right? Don't want to rush the evening since the Hubby and I don't get out a lot without the Wolfette.

Any information would be appreciated!!!!!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• OM NOM NOM

Re: Napa Rose

Dress nice. Very nice. They have a rather strict dress code.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Like formal? Suit for Hubby, Cocktail dress for me?

- Wolfette

Or can we get away with Dockers/Collared shirt for Hubby, and pants with fancy shirt for me?

- Wolfette

• OM NOM NOM

Try business casual.

Just don't expect to get in as though you were dressed for a Micechat meet.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Thanks!

- Wolfette

• Puppy Cuddles

Oooh! This sounds like such a great night already! I'm excited for you. You have to tell us how it goes!
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Skipping on Main Street

Under the stairs at Main St. train station

Trust the wine stewards to guide you...don't try on your own..enjoy the expierience..as its your first time there ask the wait staff what the chef's specialty is and let them guide you (within your budget of course)...dress buiness casual..and enjoy
    Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

No limit to the budget that evening....woohoo! Sounds like we are for a real treat! Will update after the evening is over.

- Wolfette

• done

I'm not sure why people are telling you that you have to dress up for the Napa Rose. Sure, you can if you want to, but it's certainly not required, and they're not going to look at you askance or treat you worse because you're not in formal wear. It is a high-end restaurant, but they also recognize that it's at the Disneyland Resort, so many people are coming to the restaurant after a day in the park. I've seen people in cocktail dresses, and I've also seen people dressed in shorts and t-shirts. Some people want to dress up because it's a nice restaurant, but if you don't want to spend the whole day in nice clothes and you don't want to bring a change of clothes, you can just dress as you would to go to Disneyland. If I know I'm going to Napa Rose, I tend to not wear a t-shirt, but I've been there dressed in a t-shirt before too.

As for suggestions, make sure to look at the Vinter's menu. In addition to the regular menu items, there's a special menu that changes every week (starting Friday, last time we asked), which is a four course set meal. You can also add the accompanying wine pairings. The four course meal used to be $65, but when we were there on Sunday, we noticed it was $75, so I'm not sure when the price changed. Adding the wine pairings is an extra $45, I think. The wine pairing used to be $35.

If the Vintner's menu doesn't appeal to you, there are lots of other things on the menu that are really good. I'd recommend the asparagus appetizer (if you like asparagus). The heirloom tomatoes appetizer also seems to be really good. One of my favorite things that Napa Rose has served is currently on the regular menu, and that's the lamb t-bones entree. You get two of them, and they're really good, and it's a good serving size too. I'd recommend ordering it medium rare if that suits you. They have a good dessert selection as well, but they also have an amazing homemade strawberry ice cream. I've never been a big fan of strawberry ice cream, but then, all the strawberry ice cream I've had before was really bland. Their strawberry ice cream actually has bits of strawberry in it. Really awesome.

One thing I wanted to mention, depending on the kind of evening you want, is that they have kitchen counter seats in addition to the regular tables. It's an open kitchen, so you can see everything that's going on in the kitchen. There are usually eight seats, four in the section that overlooks the salads/sides section and four in the section that overlooks the meats/desserts section. (There are also a few seats that are just near the dessert section, but those seem to be rarely used, although we did see two people sitting there on Sunday.) If watching the chefs work interests you, it's definitely a lot of fun to sit in those seats. You also get to see all the food that people are ordering, so it's great eye candy as well. If you're looking for a more romantic evening, then that probably isn't a good idea, but if you're looking for a fun time (kinda like a dinner and a show), I highly recommend the counter seats. It's just a matter of whether the seats are available, but they do take reservations specifically for the counter seats.

I think budgeting 2 or 3 hours for dinner there is a good idea, because then you can leisurely enjoy everything. Have a great time, and please let us know how everything went after you've gone.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Oh, have a great time!
    You'll want to get dressed up because it's a nice fancy restaurant, but like cstephens said, they won't kick you out if you're not wearing tails. When we went, G. wore dress slacks and button up with tie, but I had on dressish pants with a nice tank top and button up shirt. We were mismatched but it didn't really matter.

I'd suggest the sampler dessert... or at least the chocolate souffle thing. Whoa. That is all!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Faster then Lighting

My family and I went to Napa Rose for my 21st B-day and it was really nice! We dressed up in are Sunday best, I would like to recommend the swordfish, with merlot mashed potatoes, but the menu changes with the season, so I had the Winter 2005 menu. Also trust the waiters there, they helped us pick the best wine to go with are meal. Here is a little tip, if you go on your B-Day your dessert is free (just for the person whose birthday it is)! Also you can split a salad, just order one and tell them to split it, perfect portion per person before the main entree. So have fun, and enjoy it!

• Gay Man

Wear whatever you want, it's the DLR. NR does not expect people to go to DL dressed to the 9's so theycan have dinner at NR.

I've eaten at NR several times and NEVER had a bad experience. The menu changes often, so I can't recommend one "dish" to have. But, the prix fixe menu (with or without wine) is always a great choice. You get smaller courses that give you a sampling of wonderful things that all work together. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! I would heartly recommend going with that. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for all the information and recommendations, but due to unforseen circumstances (things didn't work out with Wolfette's babysitter ((friend)) that evening), so we have had to cancel. Another time perhaps, but THANKS again for all the info and will keep in mind for a future date!

- Wolfette

• Official MC Thread Killer

Quote Originally Posted by eyes_of_mara
    Dress nice. Very nice. They have a rather strict dress code.

Really? We saw someone walk in and sit down with a wifebeater on and they didn't say anything. (and we ourselves were in shirts and jeans/shorts seeing as how we literally just got off CA Screamin' before sitting down to eat... and no one said anything...)
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast