Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• "I Break Things"

Jungle to get FastPasses

Why, no clue, kind of shocked me to be honest. Evidently the J.C. is getting FastPasses for the Holiday season only, similar to Small World and Haunted Mansion. The current location specified will be near the ticket office at the front of the Boathouse. I'd always joked about this previously, even printed out my own tickets as a gag!... looks like they are serious. They are also considering using a similar color combination, but the font would obviously be different.

This is the one I used to use as a gag while on Jungle. It is essentially the WDW pass with a different font. Evidently they liked the design and colors (made the mistake of leaving a couple behind) and are now in the planning stages of using it. This is not the fake Sub Fastpass thread. As of right now Jungle Disneyland does not have a Fastpass system. I am actually somewhat curious how they plan on merging the lines. I know Indy used to do their's up the exit prior to the Fire Marshall deeming it a fire hazard. This should be interesting.

I posted the following at the end of the thread but felt individuals opening it up would benefit from this information as well. I apologize I was unable to write this in full earlier due to time constraints at work.

Here is where it gets interesting. The Boathouse Queue technically does not split until it reaches the top of the stairs. While in theory it could work, in reality it would be an absolute nightmare. The other complication is pure logistics. The only place to put the machines would be behind the planter currently in sitting just to the right of the entrance if you are standing in front of the J.C. Boathouse looking at it. This would also require the modification of the planter to allow a larger pathway near Tropical Imports. It is my understanding that it would likely be 3 machines, entering on the right of the planter and exiting on the left, only to be utilized as a seasonal Fastpass system. The Fastpass "drop" and controller could easily be tied into the existing Tropical Imports network feed which is part of what made this attractive to the Management team. Personally I think it is unnecessary and will only lead to confusion, chaos, and a longer line. The justification is the lack of queue space because Indy currently utilizes portions of the upper queue during peak hours of peak seasons.
    There is a further explanation and diagram on page 3. Again my apologies for posting this among all the "gag threads" had I realized the date I would have waited a couple days for the "gags" to subside.
    Last edited by techskip; 04-01-2008 at 09:04 PM.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Re: Jungle to get FastPasses

Haha! This better be an April Fools joke. If not, this world is coming to an end.

Fastpass for a 20 minute wait? Rightt.

• =)

That's true, they're indeed adding FastPass. It was all we talked about for four months of my Imagineering classes.

April Fools! Sorry to call it so soon, skip.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by nolimit View Post
    Haha! This better be an April Fools joke. If not, this world is coming to an end.

Fastpass for a 20 minute wait? Rightt.
    Actually in the heat of the "On Season" Jungle hits a 45 plus, and that was with the old crew. New crew has people standing outside. Ironically I think it would increase the wait time... but leave it to TDA to come up with a winner of an idea. The queue was never designed for Fastpass, as I said I am curious how they plan on pulling this one off. And no... I'm not joking. Just realized it is April 1st, had I realized it I would have posted at another time.

Over this spring break busy season, Indy used most of the upper que. We ALMOST, and i mean almost had to bust out our ground extensions to put out front. Not even the leads knew how to set those things up. And our counts have been pretty amazing lately since weve been doing the Indy amazing race. Some loaders are straight up horrible, but we do have some good ones as well. I know in the last couple days we hit quite a few 1980 counts, shooting for 2 thousand, but never quite making it. And the target for us to hit during those times was 1700.

I honestly do no see the demand for a fastpass. Would they only be given out until about 5 o'clock, or what? After that time the line has usually dwindled to about, well not much.
    Last edited by nolimit; 04-01-2008 at 12:02 PM.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

If it isn't already a joke, it should be.

• Troublemaker

Fastpass on Jungle. Wow. That's just... that's wrong. (You're joking, right?)

It's always been a walk-on when I've been by as a Guest -- including last weekend. It's a herald of the coming Apocalypse.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

With people clamoring over the HISTA fastpass, this is a perfect addition.

Jungle is not always a walk on. From about 10-5 on a busy day, there is actually a line, and a pretty lengthy one at that. But its nothing compared to our neighbor or most other attractions for that matter. If you go at night, then thats a different story and it literally will just be a walk on. Depends on the day. A 45 minute line is not unheard of, however Indy usually prevents that from happening now a days

• "I Break Things"

Over this spring break busy season, Indy used most of the upper que. We ALMOST, and i mean almost had to bust out our ground extensions to put out front. Not even the leads knew how to set those things up.
    That.... is sad!

I know in the last couple days we hit quite a few 1980 counts, shooting for 2 thousand, but never quite making it.
    Congrats... hit 21's and we'll talk about it.

• Troublemaker

Jungle is not always a walk on. From about 10-5 on a busy day, there is actually a line, and a pretty lengthy one at that. But its nothing compared to our neighbor or most other attractions for that matter. If you go at night, then thats a different story and it literally will just be a walk on. Depends on the day. A 45 minute line is not unheard of, however Indy usually prevents that from happening now a days
    I know it's not always a walk on... but it's not a consistant line (which usually is the case for most of the Fastpass attractions).

Ha. oh man. 21 would be tough. I have no idea how you guys could pull that off. Ill let you know if we ever pull that.

Last time I was at JC the line came all the way outside the building, so I think the fastpass during the holidays would be a good addition.

Well...If this isn't a joke...I think its a bad idea. Jungle? Come on. Who cant wait a half hour?
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

• Zoinks! Jinkies! Jeepers!

Are we getting a very Simba Kwanza at Jungle for the winter holiday then?
    "Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"-Donnie.... "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"-Frank the Bunny.....

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast