Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Disneyland seriously needs a 5-10 Year Plan

I belive that Disneyland does need to truly start a 5-10 Year plan because many things in the park need to be replaced or updated, here is what I think needs to happen:

Main Street U.S.A.
    -Replace "Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years" with a new "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" that relates to everyone or even a whole new idea like "Great Moments with Walt Disney" which would have an animatronic of Walt describing what he wanted Disneyland to be (The attraction will be three years old next month and the park will be 53 years old this summer and not 50 like it says on the attraction banner)

Adventureland
    -Replace Aladdin's Oasis with an entirely new theme and show (Aladdin and Jasmine's Storytime is a little too much for the toddler/kid side, why not make the show entertaining to kids as well as adults)

Frontierland
    -Tear down Big Thunder Ranch and replace it with a new E-Ticket attraction or even a D-Ticket (This place is under utilized and only half of it is always used, I feel the petting zoo is plainly a fill in attraction, Frontierland is in desperate need of some new blood)

Critter Country
    -Update The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Updates with new technologies to make the attraction more standard worthy because the attraction itself doesn't hold a candle to the Disneyland quality seen around the park.

Mickey's Toontown
    -Replace Gadgets Go Coaster (In this generation, our kids are not going to recognize who or what the Rescue Rangers were, I surely do but even I know this ride theme is extremely outdated and leaves confusion to the younger generation on what the attraction is actually based on)

-Replace Donald's Boat (Throughout the 15 years of Toontown's existence, Donald's Boat has contiuously suffered terribly from the blows it has overcame, much of it's entertainment value has been taken out and now sits there is a boat with nothing remotely entertaining, just a view of Mickey's Toontown, it is basically a shadow of what it once was)

-Replace Chip n' Dale's Treehouse (Much like Donald's Boat, this treehouse has suffered the same outcome, its entertainment value has been stripped such as the slide and ball crawl and now is just a tree where u can walk up and down solely to see some pictures within)

-With the Treehouse, Boat and Go Coaster replaces, this entire side of Toontown can hold a new E-Ticket attraction or even a copy of Mickey's PhilharMagic.

-Take out Jolly Trolley tracks as well as it's stations (If the attraction is not coming back, I don't see what the point of keeping these things is)

Fantasyland
    -Add a new ending scene to Snow White's Scary Adventures (The evil queen getting electrecuted at the end is too abrupt and doent really lead to an ending, I say they add a Snow White/Prince Charming "Kiss" ending to make it complete and not so confusing)

Tomorrowland
    -Update the 20 year old Star Tours (To base it on the new generation of Star Wars Films)

-Relocate Astro Orbiter to top of Observatron platform (This will help the traffic at the entrance of tomorrowland and will help utilize and the observatron platform a lot better than the observatron ever did)

-Replace "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience (Possibly with a film based on Wall-E, it is a more than qualified applicant to fit the Tomorrowland theme)

-The Rocket Rods tracks should be filled in with a new attraction based on the Incredibles' Incredipods or Star Wars speederbikes (Or just any original idea, as long as something takes Rocket Rod's Place)

-Replace Tomorrowland Entrance Rocks (These do not really fit the Tomorrowland theme and if replaced, will provide more walking space for the overcrowded Tomorrowland walkways)

-Replace Starcade (I personally feel that an arcade really fits the Disneyland quality levels and with the top level closed off, it just makes matters worse. I saw that Tokyo Disneyland got rid of their Starcade in 2007 so maybe its a sign of things to come. This space can be utilized better with an exhibit or even a queue line for the possible Astro Orbiter reloaction and new Rocket Rods replacement)

-Replace Innoventions (Once all sponsorship contracts expire, Disneyland needs to replace this lackluster attraction with a truly blockbuster one)

Well, I've basically told you everything that could possibly make Disneyland a "Practically Perfect in every Way" Disneyland, so I hope they are reading this. What do you guys think truly needs to be done? No crazy ideas, just necessary ones. So, in a 5-10 Year plan, what do you feel is needed to be done?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Re: Disneyland seriously needs a 5-10 Year Plan

Given that Corporate America seems incapable of looking more that 1 year into the future, I would say that the chance of that happening is next to none. Corporate America doesn't plan, it only reacts.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I have a good feeling Disney has a long term plan. They just don't release it to the public because so many things can change in one year, let alone 5-10.

Quote Originally Posted by fkurucz View Post
    Given that Corporate America seems incapable of looking more that 1 year into the future, I would say that the chance of that happening is next to none. Corporate America doesn't plan, it only reacts.
    Disney's 5 year Phase 1 plan for DCA, not to mention Phase 2, seems to go against your theory.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I have a good feeling Disney has a long term plan. They just don't release it to the public because so many things can change in one year, let alone 5-10.
    You mean the Disney Decade. That was Eisner's baby. As we learned from the Disney Decade, plans changed, very fast.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

•   
    • Seasick

Your plan sounds reasonable, but is probably way too ambitious for DL at this time, what with the DCA project happening and all.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    You mean the Disney Decade. That was Eisner's baby. As we learned from the Disney Decade, plans changed, very fast.
    Very true. Things change very quickly. If they didn't they'd be building Ratatoullie Roller coaster right now.

Very true. Things change very quickly. If they didn't they'd be building Ratatoullie Roller coaster right now.
    Or we would have a Treasure Planet attraction already built. lol
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Or we would have a Treasure Planet attraction already built. lol
    Isn't that on Tom Sawyer's Island?

Isn't that on Tom Sawyer's Island?
    Yes, along with the "Pearl Harbor" play area.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    -Replace "Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years" with a new "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" that relates to everyone or even a whole new idea like "Great Moments with Walt Disney" which would have an animatronic of Walt describing what he wanted Disneyland to be
    They should put that in WDI

• Hello

Cool Re: Disneyland seriously needs a 5-10 Year Plan

Very reasonable. I believe you left out many changes though... Frontierland needs to use all the space it has for something totally original, no pirates, no pixar movie relationship, just a pure e-ticket Walt style ride. As well as that, a new paint job for tommorrowland would be great. I love the idea for a Star Wars speeder ride. This time bank the turns, please. Either add that the most wanted Peoplemover.

• UnExiled Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    I belive that Disneyland does need to truly start a 5-10 Year plan because many things in the park need to be replaced or updated, here is what I think needs to happen:
    That seems to be a summary of Mice Chat's "Improve DL" threads since its creation.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    That seems to be a summary of Mice Chat's "Improve DL" threads since its creation.
    Have you given up the 'bundling'? I would expect at least a link or two for informative purposes.

I'm a fan of the good ole days when your semi-snotty posts were educational as well...guess I'm too sedimental...

oh well, still a fan.

• UnExiled Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Have you given up the 'bundling'? I would expect at least a link or two for informative purposes.

I'm a fan of the good ole days when your semi-snotty posts were educational as well...guess I'm too sedimental...

oh well, still a fan.
    There are hundreds of these threads and posts. I actually appreciate the summary, and I agree with all of the suggestions.

So, what's your problem, PPPPUNK??? [wipe spit off own and others' faces]
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast