Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

Why do most Disney Mens Jacket look terrible?

I've always had this annoyance when shopping around at disneyland. Its so hard to find a decent simple clean disney jacket. they might have something small on the front but the back looks like someone threw up all over it. or vise versa. does anyone else feel the same way. I feel like if a see a decent jacket now, that i may never find another one again. so i buy a bunch right away cause they'll be gone in 1 month. over the last 6 years i've found 3. something that doesnt have a huge, fisher price colored patch the size of a large pizza.

now girls jackets, thats another story. they get the best ones. just simple and clean designs.

damn you disney merchandising!

these have nothing on the back.

You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

Re: Why do most Disney Mens Jacket look terrible?

i know what you mean... i am at disneyworld this week, here is a jacket i am considering.... the other thing i find annoying is the color selection.. there is an epcot jacket i would pull the trigger on, but it only comes in white... why not a dark color version....

i also havent found a shirt that would be a must have to come home with....

anyways....

So, as they say at Big Thunder Mountain -- "Hold on to your hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!" i like west better

http://rze51.smugmug.com/

I totally agree with you. I want something with just a little mouse on it (like the Polo horse), or a small Walt Disney World logo. I don't need everything to look like an elementary school kid drew it in school. Where's the "classy" Disney merchandise? It's impossible to find anywhere. If I wouldn't get sued, I'd make my own.
    -Tim

• Banned User

this is how I feel with disney pin books, you get 2, maybe 3 choices and they all suck. Where's a fantasmic pin book? Pluto pin book? better mickey pin book then "lets change the year and make it look the same as last years?" pin book, etc etc. The pirates pin books are bleh, I like pirates, but not that much I want to stare at it for decades to come. Come on disney, if you are so eager to lighten my wallet, provide the goods! geez

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    I totally agree with you. I want something with just a little mouse on it (like the Polo horse), or a small Walt Disney World logo. I don't need everything to look like an elementary school kid drew it in school. Where's the "classy" Disney merchandise? It's impossible to find anywhere. If I wouldn't get sued, I'd make my own.
    Make your own all you want. Just don't sell them.

I can't get by the prices, so I don't even bother to look.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Premium Youngling and

I completely agree with you!
    It such a pain to find something simple! What happened to simplicity?
    It certainly doesn't exist in mens merchandise

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Snowman View Post
    I completely agree with you!
    It such a pain to find something simple! What happened to simplicity?
    It certainly doesn't exist in mens merchandise
    I second that! How about an attraction tshirt that doesn't look like a cartoon threw up on it.

In the same vein...I'm not a big fan of hats that are adjustable by velcro. Why does almost every baseball hat have to have a velcro strap?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Some of the nicest designs with the most subtle logos on men's jackets I've seen are usually found not far from the DLR at the Disney Character Warehouse on Orangethorpe in Fullerton. The prices are better there too.

Saw some leather and suede coats and jackets that weren't even immediately recognizable as Disney wear.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

this is the type of jacket I have

and I think it looks really good to me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post

I can't get by the prices, so I don't even bother to look.
    What he said............

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

im a girl no doubt and i kinda know what your talking about. i think the ppl who make the jackets dont put time into making the jacket. ok so picture it this way... the manager at khols is filling out the fourm for what he/she wants. they put on the fourm next to jackets they want 5 crappy jackets.
    ok so the next week 5 crappy jackets arrive. ok and so when the jackets arrive the ppl at the company are figuring out ways to make a new jacket that guys will like and actually wear once in awhile. so it's been about a month now and the manager needs to get more jackets. so he goes to fill out the fourm of what he/she wants and this time he see's that there is a new jacket. he/she gets the new jacket,the next week the jackets arrive and suppose lets say you go into khols like three days after the jackets arrive. you see the jacket, you like it you buy it and you wear it.

what im trying to say is that ppl in the factories dont care if the ppl buy the jacket or not they just want money but their not gonna get money if they make crappy jackets all the time now are they.

• Cowboy, Bear, Pirate, etc

They used to have really classy stuff for guys at the disney clothiers. Last time I was there though, it seemed like all the guy stuff was shoved into an annex and most of the old store was women's and kids' stuff.

It seems like all the classy stuff went away at the same time they started selling Disney-only merchandise in the parks. It's all about cheap looking kiddie crap now!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HuckSawyer View Post
    They used to have really classy stuff for guys at the disney clothiers. Last time I was there though, it seemed like all the guy stuff was shoved into an annex and most of the old store was women's and kids' stuff.

It seems like all the classy stuff went away at the same time they started selling Disney-only merchandise in the parks. It's all about cheap looking kiddie crap now!
    yeah, i used to by my PJ's at the Clothiers in the back. now its all womens. but at least there in the Disney Showcase store. just not all year round.
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

• Award Weiners!?

I think the same can be said for all men's clothing.

My fiancee bought this awesome PoTC shirt for me but it came from Hot Topic.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Something I will point out about Men's clothes.....get a size bigger.........I have a Disneyland hoodie sweatshirt..........and it fits 'around' me, but it seemed to shrink up - like it's shorter than it once was. It's frustrating...because I have a Quiksilver hoodie that was the same size, but now the Quiksilver one still fits - a bit 'loose', and the Disneyland one is too short - arms, length, etc. However, it still fits around me, just frustrating that it shrunk the way it did.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast