Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Updated Electrical Parade....

What new things would you all like to see added to the Electrical Parade? Me I would like to see them add something from the newer movies, like the Little Mermaid, they could even use the same float design as the Little Mermaid section in SpectroMagic. What are your opinions and suggestions?
    "Disney Crystal Power! Make-Up!"

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Re: Updated Electrical Parade....

I'm torn, as I like the original so much. However, I could see how some additions might make it more relevant to the younger generation. It seems like you can't go wrong if you talk about Lion King/Little Mermaid/Beauty and the Beast, so maybe something along those lines? As long as the original music and setup is basically the same, I'd be OK with a few changes.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Minion

ORWEN: I wonder why nobody ever requests that they add a BLACK CAULDRON unit to the parades? (sigh)

ORGOCH: Guess there just ain't a lotta calls from folks who wanna' see a flabby witch with a big, fat butt stompin' down the streets. Who knew?

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva
    ORWEN: I wonder why nobody ever requests that they add a BLACK CAULDRON unit to the parades? (sigh)

ORGOCH: Guess there just ain't a lotta calls from folks who wanna' see a flabby witch with a big, fat butt stompin' down the streets. Who knew?
    Black Cauldron is underrated, isn't it! We really like it; not sure why it doesn't get more pub. At least we have the DVD.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• FastPass n00b

Fiber optics, lasers, remastered soundtrack with upgraded speakers and Beauty and the Beast floats would make me happy. Kind of like a Fantasmic! on wheels.

I mean, they could literally *animate* the floats very convincingly with fiber optics or some kind of LED technology. There have been so many advances since the early 70's in lighting, sound, computers and technology that the current Electrical Parade doesn't even scratch the surface of what can be accomplished today. The nostalia and outrageous energy that accompanies the parade can be all kept intact. All they need to do is keep the spirit (and floats/music) of the parade and radically update them to today's technology.

But they gotta make sure the "To Honor America" float is still the biggest, loudest and best float of them all though. That is so cool how that float is ENORMOUS and plays patriotic music with female CMs dressed in colonial outfits. That's one of the best endings to any parade at Disneyland. Disneyland has always been about pride in America's past, present and future. It's been conspicuously absent in Disneyland's entertainment recently, I've always thought the Remember fireworks show was lacking a patriotic finale with red, white and blue fireworks at the end, but the Electrical Parade does it correctly.
    Last edited by Athlonacon; 08-11-2005 at 01:59 PM.

• LoisAlene

Quote Originally Posted by NemoZorro
    Black Cauldron is underrated, isn't it! We really like it; not sure why it doesn't get more pub. At least we have the DVD.

Could it be that the Black Cauldron got the short end of the stick because of the time of it's release? Eisner had been head of the company for slightly less than a year when this film came out. The film had been in production in one form or another for almost 12 years when it was released. I can envision it not being promoted because of it's extensive ties to the "old" Disney company. That way, Eisner could point to it's dismal showing and say that the old way of doing things wasn't working, time to try it His way...

omg, I have given birth to a Conspiracy Theory!

btw, I love the original Main Street Electrical Parade - please bring it back to Main Street where it belongs!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Thumbs down Re: Updated Electrical Parade....

Quote Originally Posted by NemoZorro
    I hated that movie. I would say the two worst animated Disney movies of all time are the Black Cauldron and Treasure Planet.

maybe incoporate a few things that represent california. not a near enough amount to where it would take away from the disney characters though. just like a grizzly bear and stuff.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Back on topic.

They have a very nice and modern update of the Electrical Parade in Tokyo called Dreamlights. Sort of like a Spectro/ELP love child with great music and modern floats. I'd really love to see them bring something like this to Disneyland.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

i don't need to see an entirely new parade (after the disturbing Light Magic), but an added Sleeping Beauty unit would be awesome - - with a flaming Maleficent!

• All? NO, ALL!

I like the parade the way it is, but to add some floats off more recent movies too. Keep the music, don't update to Tokyo's DreamLights! and move it back to Disneyland.

• CM for 4 years!

I would like to see them add all the floats and soundtrack that they took away when they moved it to DCA!!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Minion

ORDDU: A flaming Maleficent, you say? I think I may have dated one of those, once.

• Banned User

I wish they had added a 50th float - atleast for this year...
    with golden lights and a big 50... maybe the castle logo with the 50!

Other than that... maybe have 2 or 3 floats at the end that rotate...

The original part is awesome... but they could modify just the end
    once in a while. It would have to "fit" with the music.
    Maybe an Aladdin float with an illuminated purple carpet for starters!

• People move me

Well they should sell a special type of light stick? with the same lights as the ones used on the floats so the crowd could be a part of the action. Think of it, a sea of waving lights that twinkle and so forth. I think it would be cool to see. Something to take back to the park everytime you see the parade.
    Dont be frightend, I'm just a friendly Monster....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast