Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• My Children's Father

Re: Why is there no boat ride...

How about a surfing ride like I posted here. Scroll down to post #45
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I'm still trying to figure out what a "duck bump" is. I'm thinking it's like bumper boats?

What about some kind of water stunt thingie? Like they have at Universal Studios Orlando? You all have mentioned it might not be very deep. That could be an issue, come to think of it.
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

If they ever get the wave machine running on a regular basis then that adds a little bit of interest over plain, still water. Of course, regularly operating waves would mess up the idea of any boats though.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

The original concept art for the park, which was on display in the preview center for years, showed a Chute a Chutes type boat splash down ride. It never got built, but would have added a lot to this section of the park.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Tower of Tower Nut

They should put in a water show like the one at the Bellagio in Las Vegas

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

I've always wanted to see a shark fin sticking up out of the water and swimming around...

Triangle-shaped metal chunk on a rail perhaps?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    The original concept art for the park, which was on display in the preview center for years, showed a Chute a Chutes type boat splash down ride. It never got built, but would have added a lot to this section of the park.
    I wonder has matt been to imagineering and looked at some of those old ideas never built.... (they just may get built in the semi-distant future...)

• Official Mice Chat person

I would give you rep jepple, but it says I need to spread more around. That shark fin idea is great!

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

It's a very pretty waterway...I'd hate to see it ruined with something cheap like paddleboats...just one more thing that I can find at the local Six Flags to further damage Paradise Pier and DCA's image. If they are going to put something in Paradise Bay, it had better be worthwhile (certainly not an upcharge ride...those have no place at Disney). Maybe they can come up with something as they start re-imagineering Paradise Pier in the coming months. A perfect nighttime show for this area would use Fantasmic!-style pyro (don't want to smoke people out of DCA like LuminAria did) along with water jets and lasers--quite a bit like IllumiNations started out as. Integrate the rides in the area somehow, perhaps by including effects similar to the poorly-conceived Light Magic, with fiber optics placed inside the buildings around Paradise Bay. Surely, the re-Imagineering of Paradise Pier will involve ripping out and building a lot of new structures, so effects like these could be integrated pretty easily.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Minion

I imagine nothing is going to happen to the lake for the time-being ... as WDI must be brainstorming what to do with the entire area.

I wouldn't be surprised the whole area represents something totally different. Only then can new ideas sprout of the lake - no pun intended.
    Last edited by Escapé; 08-12-2005 at 01:42 AM.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen4jc
    The Boardwalk in Santa Cruz has a nice "Chair Lift" that runs from one end of the Boardwalk to the other. In fact this type of attraction is common at several boardwalks along east coast. How about a boardwalk-style chair lift that traverses the lake? Start it near "Screamin" and end it near the "Golden Zepher."

They use a chair lift at Blizzard Beach in WDW, why not a boardwalk version at DCA?
    I think they would fear the same sort of problems The Skyway had at DL, "Jumping Morons for lawsuits!" it's a game thats easy to play!
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Minion

I've noticed .. that in none of the Disney gated parks throughout the world .. is there any kind of a "Skyway" type ride. I would think that reason given above .. plus wheelchair accessibility are the two reasons we probably will never see that format in a Disney park again. Unfortunately.

A daytime pageant on the order of a "Fantasmic!" might be nice.

I seem to recall EPCOT had something called "Skyleidoscope" on its World Showcase lagoon.

The show featured small personal flying machines along with fast moving watercraft and daytime fireworks. I never saw the pageant, but I remember seeing a picture that looked interesting.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by Escapé
    I've noticed .. that in none of the Disney gated parks throughout the world .. is there any kind of a "Skyway" type ride. I would think that reason given above .. plus wheelchair accessibility are the two reasons we probably will never see that format in a Disney park again. Unfortunately.
    Even the skilift they built at Blizzard Beach is rather obnoxious--it has an astoundingly low hourly capacity and it breaks down a LOT. It's really not worth the effort...though they could theme the poles to look like electric poles and then maybe the real ones outside the park wouldn't seem so hideous........
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• ROFLCOPTER

The Tokoy Disney Sea aladin thing looked cool, they could do something like that at DCA...
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast