Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Casa de Fritos photo?

Hi everyone. While eating my yearly bag of Fritos I was trying to describe to my sons the Casa de Fritos vending machine where the Frito Bandito slides a bag of Fritos down a chute for a nickel. The machine was there in the late 50's and the 60's. I remember it as a fairly young child (I embrace my ancient self!) Does anyone have a picture of the actual machine? I've seen pictures of the exterior of the building but would love to show my kids the actual machine. Thanks!

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Re: Casa de Fritos photo?

Sorry I don't have a photo, but I do have a Casa de Fritos story. One of our very dear friends spend two summers working at Casa de Fritos. The Frito dispensing machine was not very reliable and needed constant attention from the crew. Every so often it was necessary to deliver a swift kick to the machine to keep it going.
    Rick

• Shubisha

i've seen a picture online before either on yesterland or mattherhorn###whatever his name is's webpage, i'll look around a little

• Down Pluto!

I think there are a great many of us that would like to see a picture of that machine. My memories of it are fading. I wish you all the luck in the world on your quest!

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Who's your DaddyB?

Anyone have Bruce Gordon's excellent book "Disneyland: Now, Then, and Forever"? There's a shot in there. Mine's packed away for the time being and I can't get to it.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb View Post
    Anyone have Bruce Gordon's excellent book "Disneyland: Now, Then, and Forever"? There's a shot in there. Mine's packed away for the time being and I can't get to it.
    I have it! I will try to scan it tomorrow after work, and, add it here.

I remember that so well. I hadn't thought of it forever until I saw the Casa de Fritos on here. Memories!

Here's one I found on Google images: http://davelandweb.com/frontierland/...dDot_N01cR.jpg

• Who's your DaddyB?

You can find quite a few "casa de fritos" restaurant pictures on the net (I think gorillasdontblog has quite a few), but one of the actual machine seems non-existent on the web.

I have several pics from different sources of the area on my hard drive, even one of the matchbook they used to give out at the restaurant, but none of the machine outside.

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Senior Minion

I also have one of the matchbooks from a Yard sale I picked up. I have only seen a distant photo, no close up shots.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Who's your DaddyB?

Here are a couple "Casa De Fritos" disneyana shots... sorry no Fritos Kid for ya...

Poster:

Matchbox:

I had a shot of the menu around somewhere, but I've lost it.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I'm about the same age as the OP, momofmonsters. I don't directly recall the vending machine, but I do know that I asked my Mom to buy Fritos, because I'd see Sleeping Beauty's Castle with the words...as sold at Disneyland on the package in the market..and I'd be on Main Street, or at Casa De Fritos, in my mind.

OFF TOPIC: The poor excuse for a Mexican restaurant that occupies the same space now could not hold a candle to the quality of food at the original.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb View Post
    Here are a couple "Casa De Fritos" disneyana shots... sorry no Fritos Kid for ya...

Poster:

I had a shot of the menu around somewhere, but I've lost it.
    DaddyB, you are AWESOME! I've never seen that poster in my whole life, and you know what a geek I am. WOW!

I've got the shot from Disneyland: Then, Now and Forever that Bruce Gordon (rest his soul) put together... (Sorry - I'm still trying to figure out how to add attachments)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

• Shubisha

that's the shot i was thinking of, thakns for finding it

Cool Cool Cool!! Thanks Neverlandtink for finding it for me and thanks to all for all the great information. Brought back many great memories!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

That is so cute!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by momofmonsters View Post
    Cool Cool Cool!! Thanks Neverlandtink for finding it for me and thanks to all for all the great information. Brought back many great memories!
    You are very welcome! I'm sorry I couldn't get it to post in a normal format. If anyone wants to repost it, please go right ahead!

There's a really cute samba song that played along with the dispenser when you put your nickle in. The Frito Kid says "Hey Klondike! Send another bag of Fritos, the BEST corn chips!" or something like that. It was available for purchase a couple of years ago at the Disneyland Forever kiosks.

I love stuff like that.

Lannie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast