Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• LiveSTRONG

Red Face Going to DLR on sept. 11th

Hi everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone has been to disneyland in the past 3 yrs on sept 11th. Thats actually my birthday so thats why im goin. I wanted to know if crowds are less due to what happened in 01? Or has attendence been the same. I will appreciate feedback. Thanks, Joe

• The Unknown Princess

Re: Going to DLR on sept. 11th

Last year, they had the ABC Preview Weekend at DCA during that weekend. We spent most of our time at DL. The crowds were okay. You could find a quieter place. Lines weren't that bad the longest wait I think was about 45 minutes to an hour.

Of course it was 11 years since I went to DLR before that so I wouldn't be able to judge well.

Happy early birthday. Enjoy your time. It should be fine though with the Birthday Celebration, I am not sure if there will be much difference. I think all kids are back in school by then.
    Last edited by dizzydisneydee; 08-11-2005 at 06:12 PM. Reason: addition

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I was covering the ABC Preview event, and while security was a bit more noticible than normal, it was a normal day.

It will be an off-season Sunday, and it looks like the ABC event will not be offered.

I think what will be the biggest influence is the marketing of the 50th, and if Disney decides to offer a special SoCal special after Labor Day.

Happy Early Birthday, hope you have a great time.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• done

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe756
    Hi everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone has been to disneyland in the past 3 yrs on sept 11th. Thats actually my birthday so thats why im goin. I wanted to know if crowds are less due to what happened in 01? Or has attendence been the same. I will appreciate feedback. Thanks, Joe
    I've been at Disneyland on September 11 for the past 3 years and plan to be there this year as well. I haven't noticed any difference in park attendance because of 2001 for that particular day. It has just depended on the normal traffic for that day of the week. The only thing I've really noticed is that more people attend the flag retreat on that day than regularly.

Don't know what it will be like on the 11th but I know I'm going to be there. It's my sisters birthday as well. Lunch at the BB. I can't wait!

• Sock Puppet

I went September 11th a year after the attacks just to snub the terrorist. The crowds weren't too bad. Just another "normal" day for the resort! Have a great time.

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

I got my current pass on Sept. 11. Love that ABC weekend! (Forget E-ticket rides! Bring on the E-list stars!)

• Somewhere on Main Street

The 11th is my birthday as well. My Hubby, daughter and I will be there that weekend as well. There's no better place to be than Disneyland for your birthday! Happy early birthday!

• Man O Lantern

September 11th is my birthday as well. Have a wonderful weekend at Disneyland!!

We went to Ground Zero in NYC last year on September 11th....reclaimed it as my own (and apparently as the birthday of everyone else on this thread, practically ), and although I still would feel weird about celebrating on that day for a while, it was good closure for me. We went to a few of the memorial services and dedication ceremonies. It was a good thing. I highly recommend it.

• Traveler to the south

I'll be getting there the day after so for my own birthday on the 13th. Although there are usually some ride refurbs going on, it is a great time of year to go...we'll be there during the week, though! Happy Birthday, all you September babies! See you at the park!
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

• Minion

Have a great birthday, we will be there that Wed. for 4 days!

• Traveler to the south

Thanks!
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe756
    Hi everyone,

Make sure you stop by City Hall and get your birthday sticker for the day. There is nothing more special than being wished "Happy Birthday" a zillion times that day by Cast Members and even some of the guests. And have a Happy, Happy Day!
    Always remember the Disney Magic!

• Senior Minion

Have a great time. I wish I'd been there as opposed to where I was (right close to ground zero in NYC). It would have been a much better time for sure.

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by DisneysMagic
    Make sure you stop by City Hall and get your birthday sticker for the day. There is nothing more special than being wished "Happy Birthday" a zillion times that day by Cast Members and even some of the guests. And have a Happy, Happy Day!
    And get your special phone call. That made my day. But yeah, the birthday stickers (or get a button if you can, it'll last longer as a keepsake) are totally fantastic. And the birthday buckets, too. Birthdays at Disneyland are the best.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast