• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Desparate no room at the Resort Hotels for the Bride

As I have posted before my daughter is getting married at the Disneyland Hotel on Sept 18th. She is given a complimentary night at the Disneyland Hotel after the wedding thats the good news.But we called today to make a reservation for the night before there are no rooms at any of their hotels, also we have had guest call off the Fairytale save the date wedding offer that goes out to all the invited guest and they cant get rooms either even though we are suppose to per the FTW contract guarantee the booking of ten rooms.
    Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for securing a room for at least the Bride , she is getting married at 11:30 am and really depended on staying on site. There must be some ladder to climb and I dont know if I should work through the hotel of FTW department. I at this point dont care if we have to upgrade to conciege level or a suite ...desparation has set in.

• done

Re: Desparate no room at the Resort Hotels for the Bride

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYJUNKIE
    As I have posted before my daughter is getting married at the Disneyland Hotel on Sept 18th. She is given a complimentary night at the Disneyland Hotel after the wedding thats the good news.But we called today to make a reservation for the night before there are no rooms at any of their hotels, also we have had guest call off the Fairytale save the date wedding offer that goes out to all the invited guest and they cant get rooms either even though we are suppose to per the FTW contract guarantee the booking of ten rooms.
    Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for securing a room for at least the Bride , she is getting married at 11:30 am and really depended on staying on site. There must be some ladder to climb and I dont know if I should work through the hotel of FTW department. I at this point dont care if we have to upgrade to conciege level or a suite ...desparation has set in.
    Presuming she booked her package through Fairytale Weddings, I'd go through them, especially if they were supposed to have saved a block of rooms for guests. That seems like the best bet at this point.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

That we are going to try but her wedding coordinator is out until monday . I am hoping to exhaust all resources asap since If there is one darn room left for 17th in the resort I want it !

• I won't grow up!

erg - not a fun situation..

I don't suppose you could talk to another cordinator and at least see if they can get a ball rolling untill yours gets back into town..

Just a thought

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

• insufferable know-it-all

If all else fails, check with the Anaheim Marriott, it's a great hotel, and just over by the convention center.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)

i stayed at the park view just across from the main entrance and it was very well priced... i am sure that there are a few hotels in the area closer to the resprt hotels ... try staying in one of thoes...
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

• Minion

Take a breath, and realize, that all is not lost if you don't stay on property!
    book a hotel that is close, and has a concierge to help you and your party make the arrangements for your transport to Disneyland. There are plenty of top quality hotels nearby, that can arrange that for you. If you were going to stay with Disney,then just pick one of the higher end hotels, Marriott, Hilton, etc. Stay on South Harbor Dr. It doesn't have to be at the parks doorstep, someone can drive you there. I would try to keep it on South Harbor though. relax, it will work. If you choose one of these other hotels, your whole party can perhaps stay together.good luck!

• Sock Puppet

try doing a walk on check in
    I used to work @ the Hyatt OC and in cases when we sold out, we would mostly honor walk ins (prepare to pay the highest rate)

to be safe go in about 11:00am and ask to speak to the front desk manager, they can usually help you out, especially since they usually have a few room they don't book for instances such as these.

good luck

• CM for 4 years!

Candy Cane Inn.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• UH..LIKE DUH..

I say stay in Newport Beach or Balboa peninsula (romantic ferry boats) and then shuttle up to the park.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I understand the frustration- ultimately- it Fairy Tale Weddings job to reserve the rooms for you when you book the wedding. I would not panic just yet. You are paying them a lot of money and they need to help you take care of this. Get in touch with them first thing monday morning and then go from there. At the very least, they should help you find rooms elsewhere.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Update she has a room! After all the suggestions from different boards and all ,we were advised to call group reservations. The interesting thing is they do block 10 rooms for the wedding the only downfall is that they are on the night of the wedding itself , previously we had asked if it could be the night before and FTW said yes even up to 3 nights before and after ...but they did not change the block at the hotel. The main reason we wanted the night before was we have a lot of out of town and state guest that are not going to be at a 11:30 am wedding without staying the night before.
    Anyway we called group reservations first it was standard answer we have no rooms ( we had found out from a travel agent that the rooms were blocked for conventions) as the convo progressed a room became avaliable at the Paradise Pier , after a little bit more pleasant convo... how she had to be in DLH dressing room at 7 am ...and how lovely a morning wedding in the Gazebo at the rose garden would be.... magically a room appeared at the DLH at the FTW rate.
    I also have to say that I really thank my hubby for handling the call to group sales since he was much calmer than I was and knew just how to politely , jovially and firmly work with them. Our next thing is guest who have rsvp'd and think with the save the date announcement they have time to make reservations , well they just need to call group sales and claim they are booking with "the convention" if asked which one , "which ever one will get me a room" lol I have one friend that I am sure will do this!
    If this is the biggest hurdle for this wedding I will be very happy! I have faith in Disney that all will go very very well.