Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Missing an Angel

Haunted Mansion Lighting?

Hello everyone.

I just got my annual pass again after a few years back in Feb.
    Last night I went on HM and I noticed a big change in the lighting while waiting to get into my Doombuggy. When did they add all those extra lights along the path? I liked the old, much darker lighting better...

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Haunted Mansion Lighting?

Yeah it is brighter there. I'd bet it's more of a legal issue rather than Disney trying to make it less scary.

• =)

Yep, unfortunately so. I believe it's been a gradual change, for the most part.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Yeah I hate how bright it is in there. They really need to find a better way to reduce lighting or redo the entire room.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Pirate View Post
    Hello everyone.

I just got my annual pass again after a few years back in Feb.
    Last night I went on HM and I noticed a big change in the lighting while waiting to get into my Doombuggy. When did they add all those extra lights along the path? I liked the old, much darker lighting better...
    When the lawyers told them to...

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

ugh its crap, its to well lit!

how is that mysterious?!
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Fancy that...

they just need to re-model the "limbo" doom buggy board, I don't mind the lighting changes so much, I just want to see that area actualy be something, like the stair case from Phantom Manor, or the crazy stairway effect in WDW's HM

• :)

Having something in there would be cool, but is the room even there for something like that? I also wouldn't mind if they kept it how it is.

• Missing an Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Having something in there would be cool, but is the room even there for something like that? I also wouldn't mind if they kept it how it is.
    Good question.

There is room for SOMETHING else in the area where they add the stuff for the Nighmare Before Christmas additions. I dont know what it would be. But something in that area would be cool..

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Yeah there is concept art out there that showed the loading area as a swamp. So I don't think it was originally suppose to be what it was.

• Fancy that...

I think so, It's pretty big, When I went on the nightmare version last, I saw(because of the much brighter lighting) all the sides and ends of the room.I think it has enough room to hold SOMETHING more interesting than a painted black room with fog projections

It just dosn't make a whole lot of sense IMO, You enter the mansion, go threw the portriat gallery, and then OUT of the mansion and into a swamp? this early in the ride? and after that..Into a hallway? WTF?? I finaly had it explained to me that it's supposed to be "limbo" but either way It's a realy plain and confusing scene and people are complaining about the lighting.. Why not just re-model the whole area to make it look like an actual part of the mansion?

• =)

I'm perpetually on the fence about modifying the design of the loading area, but just so y'all know, the area is exactly the same size and shape as the room now used for the Escher-esque stairs at WDW, so it would be entirely possible to do that here as well. It would also sorta fit because while most people don't really notice it, you do go up a staircase at the end of the loading area. Again, I'm on the fence about it.

There are many ways of balancing the lawyer/insurance requests of more illumination in the whole loading room and preserving the astetics of the lighting. Currently it is ridiculously bright. It does not have to be. Unfortunately it was not really thought out very well in my opinion. I do hope this is addressed at some point in the future.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I'm perpetually on the fence about modifying the design of the loading area, but just so y'all know, the area is exactly the same size and shape as the room now used for the Escher-esque stairs at WDW, so it would be entirely possible to do that here as well. It would also sorta fit because while most people don't really notice it, you do go up a staircase at the end of the loading area. Again, I'm on the fence about it.
    woohoo! that's good news, That effect looked amazing in all the videos! Does anyone think that it WILL happen though? I mean, if it's the same size and shape then some Imagineer will probaly eventualy think of it

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    There are many ways of balancing the lawyer/insurance requests of more illumination in the whole loading room and preserving the astetics of the lighting. Currently it is ridiculously bright. It does not have to be. Unfortunately it was not really thought out very well in my opinion. I do hope this is addressed at some point in the future.
    I'm crossing my fingers that you are right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast