• Banned User

can you explain photopass ?

I have heard about this service. you get a card and get your pictures taken. here is my questions

1. do you just find the photographers all over the park and ask them to take your pic?

2. how many pics can fill a cd?

3. soem say to buy it on line, some say to buy the cd in the park, whats the best way?

4. some say there is 2 different CD's, ones you can edit and ones you can not.... if you get the CD you can edit is the software on the cd or do you need other software?

5.with this cd, can you upload to snapfish or do you have to order from the disney company ?

6. is the photopass worth the money? and if so how much will this cost me?

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: can you explain photopass ?

1. yes or they will ask if they want to take your picture (they'll approach you)

2. depends on how big their file formats are.. but you can count on probably close to 200+

3. not sure.. there used to be features that they took away, but where still available online or something I think that is why there was some discussion there

4. they are just pictures.. you can do whatever you want with them once you buy them just like any other digital picture. Before you buy they, you can only preview them or edit them on their website or kiosk setup (I presume they have something in the park to do the editing/cropping, etc)

5. They are just pictures, you can do as you please with them

6. If anything just take the pictures.. it costs you nothing. Decide afterwards if you want to pay for them.

Think of them as someone else having a camera on your trip that takes pictures of you too.. and after your trip you decide if you want to take some of their photos.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Yes ... Wicked! ;)

Great answers, flynnibus. Couldn't have said it better myself! WOW!

• For You!

I used my photopass card a lot on our trip in February. But we also had the photographer use our camera to take a couple of pictures. After I got home, I looked at all the pictures online and only found 1 on the photopass that I added a quote and tinkerbell to that I bought. (That's the best part of photopass is adding characters, disneyl quotes or graphics and frames). As for the rest of the pictures, the ones that were taken with my camera were just as good or better. So, I didn't need to purchase the other pictures.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Seasick

From what I've seen and heard, the photopass pictures are not great quality. If you use the service, I would not count on their photos to be all that great, and I would make sure to take use my own camera at the same time.

I would personally not buy any photopass photos until I've had a chance to see them first, unless they're cheap to buy in bulk. I have no idea on the pricing.

It's likely worth using if you want to be able to add the frames, characters, etc. as mentioned by BFJen. As a substitute for taking one's own photos? No way.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The photopass CD is in the neighborhood of $100. At least it was when I went to Disneyland last year. The good thing is that if there are a lot of you in your party, you can combine the cards on one CD.

I always ask the Photopass Photographers to also take a picture with my camera.

The same system exists at WDW, and my friend Jennifer and I ended up with several hundred photos from a Christmastime trip. Jennifer added a lot of different embellishments. We shared the cost of the CD. Jennifer kept the original , and I copied it, as well as putting the photos into the picture file on my computer.

• thanks for noticing me

i just got back and bought the CD for $80, we were there 4.5 days and took the effort to use the system to get 191 photos taken. This made each photo about $.40. Yes they are not all great, but i have photoshop so i can crop and fix the best ones to my liking and still is cheaper and better quality then buying the one computer printed out 5x7's of my favorites.

If you do the CD, just go to the park wtih the thought of doing the CD and take advantage of it. use the people every day and all the different locations, the characters, etc, then you get your money worth, if you only take say 20 pictures, then yeah it wouldnt be worth it.

Also they can put as many photos as you take, there is no limit.

I bought the CD in the park because i wanted it right now and didnt want to wait for an online order to be mailed to me and i dont like having the borders, characters, etc on my photos anyway. If you order in the park you get three 5x7's for the same price, so we just did that.
    Angela
    Going for Halloween 2011
    *Click here to see My Disneyland Photos*

All the above answer are spot on! I use Photopass every time I go. I have never bought the pics. Do not forget to ask them to use your camera. I would say that generally the pictures are as good of quality as I can take. Of course I am not that good.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• Banned User

thank you! we did get a great new camera so I am hoping it will take great pics to. so yeah I will ask folks to use our camera when possible. we are bringing friends with us so they can help take good pics. thanks everyone for your wonderful answers

• "I Break Things"

Unfortunately on the occasions I used Photopass, the photos taken from my camera turned out better. So I have no knowledge of how much a CD costs since I have never had a reason to get one.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Troublemaker

My wife and I use PhotoPass all the time, since before it existed we could rarely get a cast member to snap a photo of BOTH of us at the same time. At least we have a handful of shots due to the service that proves that we were both at the Parks at the same time. (Other than arms-length shots and a few that took some Photoshopping to accomplish)

I'm not sure if things had changed, but they also used to be free to download (well, a lower-res copy... but usually those are just as good as the copies I show on my site anyway...). Since the last time I looked, they may have done what the Ducks photographers have done, and started watermarking the images though. I still haven't had a chance to check our latest photos there.

If it's a really good photo, I'd buy it after-the-fact... but normally they're just okay. Still better than nothing.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The good thing about asking the photopass photographers to take a picture with your camera is that you can be in the picture. Otherwise I come home with a lot of pictures of everyone else but me, and just scenery. Now I can be in the picctures, and if I don't want to buy any photopass pics, I still have those on my digital camera. It is really great when the photopass photographers are stationed with the characters. They move things along pretty quickly, and I have also gotten great pictures that way, also.

• Disney Gram

I love photopass! Bought the CD last November, and again for our March trip. And I always have them take pictures with my camera too. The photographers come up with a lot of "fun" poses rather than everyone always just standing there looking straight ahead smiling. In March there was a new pic location in front of the Haunted Mansion, and the picture has the hitchhiking ghosts standing next to us....that was not an "add on"...it was there when I viewed the pictures. I usually add on at least one with the year and Mickey or Tink.

Not all of the pictures are always great, but neither are all of the ones I take always great. But I have always had enough that I wanted to buy the CD. In November I will check on viewing and buying it in the park and compare prices to ordering online...meant to do that in March, but am always so busy on the last day trying to do all the "one mroe time" things, and did not want to do it any earlier so I could take advantage of as many photo ops as possible.

It does not cost anything to get the card...so I tell everyone to get one, then you have 30 days after you are home from your trip to view the pictures and decide.

My March CD was $84.95 with shipping.
    Sharon
    Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

• no flash photography...

I have bought a couple photopass pictures, but they are not great at all. They took two pictures where characters were suppose to be added in, but I think they only do that if you buy in the park, because they did not show up on the online pictures so we just look silly in those pictures.