• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Disneyland is better at night - when is the next all night long event?

Disneyland is usually better at night when all the themed lighting is on but there arent that many night time hours in which to enjoy it. Some times however they stay open all night long. Does anyone know when the next such all nighter event will take place?

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

Re: Disneyland is better at night - when is the next all night long event?

Last edited by MidwayManiaMan; 04-09-2008 at 10:02 PM.

• Goofy

disneyland does look better at night.

• DL is my anti-drug.

Grad night was awesome. I think it was one of my best Disneyland experiences I've had. All night, you and your friends, just graduating High school. lol

Other than grad nights, when was the last all night event?

There have been some but they seem to be too far and too few like once every so many years....if anyone hears of one coming up let us know

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

I've been to two all-nighters, but that was 20 years ago

• Mickey Mouse Slave

i hate grad night. Soooo many people getting into fights and running into things. :\
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• True Disney Freak

The last I remember was the non stop opening for Star Tours.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeygirl66 View Post
    The last I remember was the non stop opening for Star Tours.
    Yeah! That was 21 years ago and I was there... 60 hours straight!

• Circle of Ancients

I agree and disagree ...

Yes, I love the look of Disneyland (and DCA) at night. But the crowds around the Hub and in Frontierland are unbearable most times. It may look better, but it's alot more stressful most times.

My favorite part of the night is from 10:00pm to closing. The fireworks are done, most people have gone. You can go through Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, etc and have no crowds. Once the 10:30 Fantasmic is done, going through Frontierland, NOS, etc is a joy.

I think my absolute favorite time of day is EARLY morning. It's sometimes cloudy (or even foggy), everything is freshly washed, the flowers are waking up and the crowds are usually pretty negotiable. I absolutely love it.

• "714"

Im Guessing Your gonna have to wait untill New Years Eve. DL will stay open untill 2AM. DCA-??? Not sure. Or if you know someone that is going to grad night @ DL they could get you a guest pass???

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I agree and disagree ...

Yes, I love the look of Disneyland (and DCA) at night. But the crowds around the Hub and in Frontierland are unbearable most times. It may look better, but it's alot more stressful most times.

My favorite part of the night is from 10:00pm to closing. The fireworks are done, most people have gone. You can go through Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, etc and have no crowds. Once the 10:30 Fantasmic is done, going through Frontierland, NOS, etc is a joy.

I think my absolute favorite time of day is EARLY morning. It's sometimes cloudy (or even foggy), everything is freshly washed, the flowers are waking up and the crowds are usually pretty negotiable. I absolutely love it.
    The congestion you speak of is only due to the fireworks and fantasmic shows, my point is that when they do the rare all nighters they dont have fireworks and fantasmic all night long just the usual times so the rest of the night those areas are not congested at all.

— Walt Disney