Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Why not put "Mickey's PhilharMagic" in the Carthay Circle Theater

It would be smart to just build the theater. Shows can always be replaced, but to not even bother building the inside of the theater is ridiculous. Its perfect for anniversaries of movies and special events, DCAs 10th aniv, even playing some of walts classic movies when they are in between events and such. Instead of spending thousands setting up stages and benches on the ROA why not have an amazing movie premiere in the theater!? Red carpet and all! Its disney, the theater could be amazing! They could rent it out sometimes to private events. It really could be a staple for DCA.

• The line's too long...

As someone stated upthread, put the Disney Gallery in there along with all the artifacts from the Opera House and other Walt stuff including his office, which belongs back in California. Put in some interactive exhibits and have a small movie room inside the "theater" for a 15 minute Walt Disney biopic on a continuous loop. Theme it to Walt with lots to do and walk around, do not just make it a theater... and don't leave it an empty husk as that is what went wrong with DCA in the first place.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    While it did start with a mouse, the movie is mostly about a duck.

I'm not opposed to all cartoon shows going in there, I guess I just don't feel that Philharmagic is the right show for that venue.

I also think the Walt movie thing would have been a mistake as well. This would have catered to a small group of Walt enthusiasts, but it would have turned into a quickly forgotten about attraction by the masses after an initial viewing or two. It'd be like a Golden Dreams II.

I think it needs something a little more remarkable than a bio film or Philharmagic. But if it's Philharmagic vs. an empty theater, I'll take Philharmagic.
    The DCA Animation Building DID have a film about Walt, shortly after it opened (which replace the Walter Cronkite/Robin Williams movie).

I too, would like to see some sort of fantastic E-Ticket for the Carthy Circle ~ and if they need more space, I'm fine with them taking over
    the entire Bug's Life 3D movie. A "Great Movie" type ride would just be too boring. It would need a better type of motion vehicle, perhaps
    a pirate/small world type boat, or how about a "Doom buggie that would be suspended from the ceiling instead of on the floor.

And even with the new Cars/Test Track in Timon, the Western River Expedition would add the type of Audio Animatronics that DCA is been in such desperate need of since it's illegitimate conception. And with ALL the Toonization of DCA, since day 1, and the continued Toonization with the Billion Dollars, DCA Needs something that isn't Toons in it's additions.

Western River Expedition can be that attraction that takes us to a different time, a different place, give the public the audio animatronics that DCA is is so desperately in need of! AND give us some of that great Marc Davis humor that has become so beloved in so many of DL's attractions! It drives me crazy that Disney IS and HAS BEEN literally sitting on the gold mine of an idea that would help turn DCA around by adding some of the charm that didn't get to become reality in DL.

At least Disney admitted that the entry sucks, and they will correct that. BUT WHY cant they admit the carney them is holding this park back? LET IT GO! Just like the entry way, it just didn't work! It's sucks, and make ALL of DCA look like any ordinary county fair!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    I think PhilharMagic in the Carthay is a good idea - - another empty facade as the centerpiece will just suggest that DCA is a flop the second time around.

There's no second chance for a first impression, as they say.
    A good idea? Nah, just an acceptable idea.

The big attraction you see upon entering a park shouldn't be a 3D film that's going to grow stale in a few years.

Mickey's PhilharMagic is an acceptable idea, but it isn't an attraction that should be the first attraction guests see and an anchor for the park entrance. It's better suited thematically for Mickey's Toon Town, not 1930s Los Angeles.

At least with the Walt Disney Story the venue would feature exhibit space that could be continually rotated out to offer something new.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

PM is an alright movie but that's all. I watched it once when I went to WDW last July. We really do not need a clone of this on the West coast.
    Matthew

• ...TWO BITS!

MP reminds me of Mickey Mouse Revue. Except the 1st generation version was an AA show. The updated 21st century version is a 4D movie.

The Circle Theater would be like screening what Disney animation has in store for the future. And I agree a small stage could also be built in the space to be used for company events. And the theater could be retooled for future shows.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Minion

Why not bring back the Mickey Mouse Revue from Japan?

depending on how much space is inside the theatre, I would like to see some sort of attraction based on movies. The entrance of the park is going to be about walt coming down to L.A./hollywood in the hay day of entertainment, why not putting something about movies in that theatre. Maybe a great movie ride but with updated films and technology.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by lesmisfan View Post
    depending on how much space is inside the theatre, I would like to see some sort of attraction based on movies. The entrance of the park is going to be about walt coming down to L.A./hollywood in the hay day of entertainment, why not putting something about movies in that theatre. Maybe a great movie ride but with updated films and technology.
    This is probably the best idea yet. The history of american theater and you can have plenty of Walt Disney Clips since he's such a huge part of that.

Good idea Lesmis!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    This is probably the best idea yet. The history of american theater and you can have plenty of Walt Disney Clips since he's such a huge part of that.

Good idea Lesmis!

I said it on page 4! thanks for reading!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I said it on page 4! thanks for reading!
    Aw pal,

Sorry I missed it. Great idea!

• ...TWO BITS!

A new version of TGMR I don't think would be able to fit in the Circle Theater area. So what about this:

1) New version of TGMR (based on live-action Disney films... I have more thoughts but don't want to get into that now) in the Disney Animation Building. I know this was proposed before, and makes sense. The DAB perhaps feels too big to me and could be better used as an E-ticket.

2) Move elements from the Disney Animation Building into this smaller attraction building for Circle Theater.

3) MuppetVision and/or Millionaire building as 1 big or 2 attraction show buildings.

4) The old Hollywood & Dine as 1 attraction area.

5) Drawn to the Magic stage enclosed as a central island shop that caters to Hollywood merchandise including products based on the 3-4 attractions near it.

6) That "Hollywood Studios" plaza have a detailed facade put up to connect the MuppetVision, Millionaire, Monsters, H&D, and Hyperion Theater buildings. This would further close the "berm" and keep guests immersed in the land.

7) Put up period piece billboards that cover the sky blue paint over the current Disney Animation Building.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Circle of Ancients

^ Well, the theatre would just be the facade/queue (like TGMR in FL).

I think that would be an absolutely amazing idea and could totally work. With the size of the Bugs show building (and that queue line) you probably have a great deal of room there for it.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Yeah but the great movie ride is hollywood themed therefore it would have to be in in the Picture Backlot, I don't know, if there gonna call it Walt Disney Plaza then it has to be Walt Disney related. I mean I cant think of anything they could with Walt besides it being an audio-animatronic show, a movie going through his life or just a museum, all in all, there all considered shows.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    Yeah but the great movie ride is hollywood themed therefore it would have to be in in the Picture Backlot, I don't know, if there gonna call it Walt Disney Plaza then it has to be Walt Disney related. I mean I cant think of anything they could with Walt besides it being an audio-animatronic show, a movie going through his life or just a museum, all in all, there all considered shows.

Well, the Carthay Theater was a real theater in Hollywood wasn't it?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast