Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Question So, what's it like to work at DL?

After I graduate from High School this summer, I'm going to do move to CA and do the Disney College thing sometime relatively soon, then eventually apply for a career at WDI, because I seriously can't picture myself working anywhere else. I mean, I actually got to visit the WDI headquarters in Glandale when I was only about ten years old (I was lucky enough to stumble across the right connections! but I wasn't sure that was exactly what I wanted to do as a career at the time because I was well, ten. Oh man I wish I could do that again. I would have paid a lot more attention now that I'm older. I'm going to start a separate thread later of what I do remember.

But anyways back to the main topic, I noticed a lot of people here are or at one point, were, CM's.

So what is it like to work there? It fun of course, but any other thoughts?

I'm also fascinated by the thought of being weird places inside the park that I would never be otherwise, using doors that I've always wanted to use, etc..
    I wonder if I'd get in trouble exploring after hours? One job I'd really love is doing the daily walkthrough and inspection of something like Indy/HM/splash mountain/space mountain because I have an eye for detail and would totally love that kind of job. If I wanted to aim for that kind of area of work I would need some mechanical training/experience right?

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Re: So, what's it like to work at DL?

I don't work there but I can assume it is tons of fun combined with hard-word - you know, to keep their standards up.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

I think you may get alot more responses in the break room but I'll give it a shot. working at the parks is extremely fun and rewarding. Theres nothing better then the sense of pride you get from making peoples dreams come true. Going right out of high school chances are you would go into one of the front line postions (attractions, foods, stores, etc) The postions you describe such as technition and engineer will require degrees or apprenticeships. But you can do what Im doing, work at the park in attractions taking in everything while working on your degree and when you finally get it hopefully move into your dream postion. Just my two-cents PM me if you want more info
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

It's the easiest job I've ever had.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• =)

I haven't worked as a CM (YET!!!) but from my numerous chats with CMs both online and in the real world, I think the job really is what you make it. There are plenty who view their job as nothing more than spieling as they walk continually "against the current" on a moving ramp, or as nothing more than shoveling ice cream into the mouths of fat youngsters, or as nothing more than cleaning up after people who should have known not to spin the Teacups so fast after eating that churro. But then there are people who realize that they're on the front lines, making the magic happen. Or at least that they have the opportunity to make the magic happen. And in those cases, I invariably see people who love their work and who see great worth in it.

For me personally, my big two reasons for wanting to be a cast member are the freedom to explore backstage--don't tell me I'll be disappointed, because I've been there on three occasions, and I do find it fascinating!--and the ability to make the aforementioned magic happen. I get such a kick out of seeing cast members doing a great job, and I want to have the honor of being one of them.

And yes, you might get more informed responses in the Break Room forum.

• Missing an Angel

I have no idea.... YET! I'm going to Traditions on Friday!

Its fun.

Stay out of the drama. Its there. It can destroy reputations. Change Peoples outlook.

Other than that, its all good.

• =)

Stay out of the drama. Its there. It can destroy reputations. Change Peoples outlook.
    That I have heard of. It's a pity.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nolimit View Post
    Its fun.

Other than that, its all good.
    I second that. The drama there can get you terminated. It's like high school all over again!! It's been nicknamed Disney High.

I love being a cast member. It's was fun and I had a chance to meets lots of friends. But, you got to remember, it's a business and they have certain rules on what you can and can not do.

is the HM a direct hire or do you need to cross train to get onto that attraction?

• Banned User

Blog Entries

It's New Hire. The only attraction I think it cross train is Big Boats, Mark Twain and Columbia. I think, rafts, too.

its a new hire attraction.

Space, Nemo, and Thunder are the only attractions in Disneyland that are cross train only. Im pretty sure.

Ive heard good and bad things about being there though. Some love it. Some say walking the belts all day gets old.

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Nemo, is also New Hire, I heard.

Space, Thunder, Matternhorn, Screamin, Monorail are all cross train, managers' recommendation.

It's the same stupid jokes that get old everyday.

Im almost positive that Nemo is not a new hire.

I might be wrong, but thats what I was told.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Ive been working as a file clerk/ ultra scan-man (no one can handle that mamouth scanner like i can). Its one of those law office, workmans comp places...so lots of crazy clients...well, nice ones too. On the side i wait tables. But that being said, i cant wait to move a little closer to "home" and work at the park. Yeah Yeah all the bad stuff everyone says...ive considered it all.

But really, its all about making people happy and making their experience at the park as magical as possible. And if ya like doin that...than there ya go

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast