View Poll Results: Should Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln be brought back?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Please Bring back Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln ASAP

22 27.16%
  • Yes Bring him back but more like the original version not the most recent version.

35 43.21%
  • No, do not bring back Lincoln put something else there.

22 27.16%
  • I never saw the original version so I cant really comment one way or the other.

2 2.47%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Should Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln be brought back?

I pose this question to you:

Should Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln be brought back to Main st?
    And if so when?
    If so should it be more like the original version of the show than the last version?
    And if not what possibly would be more inspiring in his place?

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Minion

Re: Should Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln be brought back?

I say bring it back and make it like the original version. I also demand that there are no movie tie-ins. I never saw either version, but from what I can tell the original was much better.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I say bring it back and make it like the original version. I also demand that there are no movie tie-ins. I never saw either version, but from what I can tell the original was much better.
    If you can find it, if they still have it at the music store on Main st. get the soundtrack it is totally awesome!

If you listen to it in the dark or with your eyes closed you can imagine Lincoln has come to life and is in the room with you and this is just the soundtrack then imagine the Audio Animatronic version speaking the lines to an audience...

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Special Agent

I'd personally like to see the original 1960s version brought back, but I doubt that will happen.

The Lincoln show has always had attendance problems. They first tried to replace it in the 1970s, and then they updated the show in the 1980s, then they updated it again in 2000, and finally canned it in 2005 for the 50th film.

Simply put: if they brought back any version of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln it would meet the same fate that it did during it's initial run. Neither of those shows were able to keep the crowds interested for more than a few years until it needed to be plussed, upgraded and/or replaced entirely.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

since i never saw any version of the show, i way bring it back

besides im tired of the 50th show, i sometimes use it to rest
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

I would even welcome a mini version of the Hall of presidents with just a few of the key important inspirational presidents maybe even having them interact with eachother over the centuries of time....

In addition to lincoln you could have Thomas Jefferson, Franklin Roosevelt, John F Kennedy etc.... just a few only as it is a small space

I know this violates the time theme but it is in keeping with the Americana feel of Main st and at WDW this doesnt seem to be a problem.

— Walt Disney

• I'm not really here

My vote is to bring back the original, but to update the technology (new AA, not necessarily state-of-the-art, but new), remastered audio.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Circle of Ancients

Honestly, and it pains me to say this, Lincoln's time has come and gone.

Even with the recent "Enhancements" nobody ever watched the show. People pass the theatre in the morning and don't usually make it back up that way to see it.

As for what to put there, I have no idea. But it needs to be something to grab peoples attention and get them to come back up and see it.

• Hiding in the shadows

I would prefer the original but Ill take either to have it back

A little piece of heaven

• Minion

I don't think they should bring it back. The thing is like stated before most people just pass it up on there way to other attractions in the park. But what would they put there? I would like to see a nice sit down type restaurant on Main Street, but I'm not sure its the best place for a restaurant either. Its just a weird location for anything to go.
    Jeff Wayne

• Man of Logic and Reason

If they made Lincoln a state of the art AA with the fluidity of Mr. Potato Head or the Auctioneer then I think there would be a lot more people willing to go see it. Now if he could walk across the stage then that would be as cool as all get out, but I still think that kind of technology is a little ways off.

I dont blame the low attendance at all

it was low

because the last version was so lame with the headphones and haircut and flies buzzing

you have to ask yourself what the hell was disney co thinking??!!

Bring back the original version or and updated version of it not the stupid flies and haircuts jeeez what did that have to do with lincoln anyways

— Walt Disney

You know maybe its OUR failing that there isnt more interest in a very important historical figure not the attractions?

Also Steven Spielberg is making a big budget movie on Abraham Lincoln so the timing would be perfect!

— Walt Disney

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdack View Post
    If they made Lincoln a state of the art AA with the fluidity of Mr. Potato Head or the Auctioneer then I think there would be a lot more people willing to go see it. Now if he could walk across the stage then that would be as cool as all get out, but I still think that kind of technology is a little ways off.
    Heck, they can even put a cordless mic in his hand.

• The one, the only...

I want the original version of the show back with the original speech. But I think that on each side of Lincoln two turntable stages could be built with AA's Lincoln at different times in his life. I would love to see a young Lincoln, Lincoln as a father, Lincoln as a lawyer or debater, and so on. I think also that a special balcony should be build above and on the side. Then when the story of Lincoln's assassination comes, reenact it. With a shot ringing out. and the audience would see Mary and Lincoln in the theater box. One then could hear Booth jump on stage and yell out. I think it would really make you feel like you were there. Then the finale would be the original Lincoln speech. End with the singing and the American flag as the original show did.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast