Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AX Star Tours

• Dave

Blog Entries

Cool AX Star Tours

THIS IS A WARNING THOSE WITH AN ETREME LOVE FOR STAR TOURS, MAY NOT WANT TO READ ON!
    I know many have written about the need for change to Star Tours. There has been talk of Lucas changing the much beloved current ride, and many of us would love to see that too. After almost 4 years since the release OF the last movie, not even a peep of a future change; I dare say there will be no new Star Tours FOR ALONG TIME IF AT ALL.
    So I thnk a great way to up date it would, use the current ride system with improved SOUND AND visual effects. Change the ride to some thing more original. I have two thoughts the first, would be a wild ride through the Solar System. You could take a ride through the plants, go near the Sun (add a heat effect), and other parts of the Solar System ending by landing back at Disneyland. The second would be similar to the Solar Sytem ride but this time an adventure through Inner Space or being shrunk to go inside the human body.
    I really think these would help to bring back some of the
    originality of Tommorowland, and at the same time while enjoying the wild ride, people could learn some thing.
    What are some your thoughts for updates or changes to Star Tours?
    Dave

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: AX Star Tours

Axed and answered here (and a few other places, not including the Sun):

Star Tours - What's the deal and how to fix it!!!
    http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...+tours+updates
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    Change the ride to some thing more original.
    So, a light-speed ride through an ice asteroid in a spacecraft being piloted by an inept droid, leading to a battle through the trench of the Deathstar isn't original, but a trip through our own solar system is?

Hoo boy...

• Dave

Blog Entries

I feel it would bring back some of the futuristic feel to the land.
    Dave

• Banned User

I think it should stay the way it is.

It's totally rad in the way only an attraction designed and built in the 1980's could.

I think the golden age of star wars was in the 70's and 80's anyways (and I think lot of other people agree), so in the end it works just fine for me the way it is.

• Minion

I love Star Tours.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

New Star Tours is coming whether you like it or not.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

I agree and what I would suggest to go in its place is some sort of Innerspace / Body Wars ride in concept at least (no not use the simulators to do a cheesy sim/watch screen star tours like ride).

If you have seen the new BBC doc Fight for Life with incredible cgi animation of inside the human body on a cellular level its a whole alien world in inside of us at that scale and harkens back to ATIS.

Also Fox is making an all new Fantastic Voyage film for 09/10 too! So it will be in the public mind.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

Another Star Tours defender here. I totally agree that it could do with a refurb; those speeders are more than a little shaky. Plus, I would love to see some new destinations and maybe the randomized tours as some have suggested.
    <o>

• Master of Disaster

removing/replacing rides is NOT the answer.

• Resident Daydreamer

The second would be similar to the Solar Sytem ride but this time an adventure through Inner Space or being shrunk to go inside the human body.
    I really think these would help to bring back some of the
    originality of Tommorowland, and at the same time while enjoying the wild ride, people could learn some thing.
    What are some your thoughts for updates or changes to Star Tours?
    An adventure through the human body wouldn't be an original idea at all for Disney... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_Wars.

I definitely love Star Tours and look forward to the update.
    Your Life is an occasion, so rise up to it.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I love Star Tours as well. It's such a blast from the past every time i ride! And i know the safety spiel video is overly outdated but i love finding Josh Jackson from Dawsons Creek on the video. I agree that the classic Star Wars movies were made in the eighties so its only fitting to keep the same theme. This ride seems to be popular still because i always see a line for it even on non crowded days.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Blind to His Own Faults

Historically, Star Wars fans have not enjoyed 'enhancements' . Maybe bwdave has a point here against ST 'additions'. As we can clearly see, advances in modern technology have not produced better Star Wars movies, so...

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I haven't ridden on Star Tours in a while, but I don't like the idea of it going away completely. Just update it with a new ride movie, have different endings so guests wouldn't have the same experience twice, etc.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

• Progressive Disneylander

THIS IS A WARNING THOSE WITH AN ETREME LOVE FOR STAR TOURS, MAY NOT WANT TO READ ON!
    I know many have written about the need for change to Star Tours. There has been talk of Lucas changing the much beloved current ride, and many of us would love to see that too. After almost 4 years since the release OF the last movie, not even a peep of a future change; I dare say there will be no new Star Tours FOR ALONG TIME IF AT ALL.
    Try almost 3 years for starters. "Sith" came out in Spring 2005.

Star Wars is the most popular movie franchise ever. It would make zero sense for Disney to abandon it.

I expect Star Tours to evolve into whatever Lucas has in store for it.

Expect more, not less, Star Wars presence in the Disney parks in years to come.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast