Radiator Springs

So here is my idea/spin on Carsland. I get the the vibe that a lot of people do not like the pixar placement in the parks because they are just stuck in random places and have no specific theme. So I was thinking that Carsland should be called Radiator springs a fictional town representing Californias route 66 golden age. Then the rides and pixar placement would have a theme more relevent to a California Adventure Park.

I know that route 66 already exists over where zephyr and Madness are but that whole area is going to recieve a major refurb with TLMR and Madness being enclosed o turn into Goofy's flight school. ( I have heard this from reliable sources at work/backstage). So maybey route 66 could be moved and given the theming and attention it always deserved.
    Just an idea let me know what you think!!!

Re: Radiator Springs

Quote Originally Posted by vannie<3 View Post
    So here is my idea/spin on Carsland. I get the the vibe that a lot of people do not like the pixar placement in the parks because they are just stuck in random places and have no specific theme. So I was thinking that Carsland should be called Radiator springs a fictional town representing Californias route 66 golden age. Then the rides and pixar placement would have a theme more relevent to a California Adventure Park.

I know that route 66 already exists over where zephyr and Madness are but that whole area is going to recieve a major refurb with TLMR and Madness being enclosed o turn into Goofy's flight school. ( I have heard this from reliable sources at work/backstage). So maybey route 66 could be moved and given the theming and attention it always deserved.
    Just an idea let me know what you think!!!
    I'm pretty sure that's what Carsland is already going to be about. Read up on the DCA project update thread.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Carsland is such a stupid name i wish they would call it Radiator Springs, it would make more sense!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

I know that carsland is in the works but i was pointing out that that name is dumb and has no theming in reference to DCA. That opening a new land and basing it around Cars is fine just it would be nice to put in the extra time to really make sure its themed and fits in with the california theme they are trying to accomplish and not just a random land thats pretty ( bugs land....looks great but really what does that have to do with CA) and has a cool ride but one that truly fits the park.

• The one, the only...

Radiator Spring is a much better name. I think that Disney management's insistence to calling it Carsland shows a lack of creativity.

There is only other problem. In the movie, Radiator Springs is said to be in Arizona.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

sigh. Carsland. Just sounds so unimaginative. Even the toys have a better ring to it: The World of Cars.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

WDI should just name ALL things like that. Simple, straightforward, to the point. Radiator Springs? Pfft...Carsland. Critter Country? Pfft...Poohland. Paradise Pier? Pfft...Toy Story Mermaidland.

/sarcasm

• Down Pluto!

Carsland instead of Radiator Springs? What can you expect from a place called Disney's California Adventure?

Sheesh - make perfect sense to me...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Fancy that...

your idea is pretty much what's already happening. I keep saying it, but why not call it "Condor Flats" when the present one gets re-themed? Carsland just sounds like a realy narrow theme, a HUGE land only being based on ONE pixar movie that dosn't even take place in California? Radiatior springs racers can still be there but I'd just like to see alot more from what will be the biggest land in the new DCA

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    your idea is pretty much what's already happening. I keep saying it, but why not call it "Condor Flats" when the present one gets re-themed? Carsland just sounds like a realy narrow theme, a HUGE land only being based on ONE pixar movie that dosn't even take place in California? Radiatior springs racers can still be there but I'd just like to see alot more from what will be the biggest land in the new DCA
    I agree. Cars has not gotten past fad phase yet and Disney is spending likely around 600 million dollars to build a land dedicated to it.

It's stupid. I always roll my eyes at the whole Carsland idea. One ride is "fine" but a whole freakin land? It just reaks of disaster. It reaks of more money to re-theme the whole place when the Cars sequel fad eventually goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    While the town in the movie is supposedly in Arizona, I believe it was modeled after Amboy, California. Not only that, but just the mention of Route 66 brings up the idea of California and the rest of the states it goes through. So having Carsland at DCA makes perfect sense to me.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Next they'll be making High School Musical Land!!! WOO HOO

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Animatronic

I'm not sure Disney should be making entire lands based on a fad, and worse, with a stupid name based on something as stupid as talking cars. Maybe in a few years, after the whole talking cars fad dies down, they'll do what they should have done in the first place and re-theme it to an important part of California history. I'm talking, of course, about Lindsey Lohan. The test track ride re-theme can have you as a passenger in a vehicle with a drunken Lohan!
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    I'm not sure Disney should be making entire lands based on a fad, and worse, with a stupid name based on something as stupid as talking cars. Maybe in a few years, after the whole talking cars fad dies down, they'll do what they should have done in the first place and re-theme it to an important part of California history. I'm talking, of course, about Lindsey Lohan. The test track ride re-theme can have you as a passenger in a vehicle with a drunken Lohan!
    If they could run with that idea and mix in what they do at the end of HM, I think they'd have something there!

In you car should randomly be either a drunk Lindsay, a bald Britney, short-skirted Paris or both skinny Olsen twins.