Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    caste system?? they are free to everyone. There is more of a caste system at MM and universal...IMO.....now if the charged more to get in to use the fastpass I could see your point..
    I agree. But I feel like they should use the fastpass more sparingly. I mean really, Roger Rabbit tucked away so far back in toon town that getting one and returning almost never happens for me when I visit.

And of course the DCA fast-passes are so redundant they should be taken out altogether.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Since we really ony go during the week in the off season it is a rare day when we need to use them.

But I would not mind seeing them go even if we went during busy times. The lines at DL do move fast (if you think they go slow go check out Legoland LOL). I also would not mind them doing what other parks do - pay extra for front of the line passes... but make it HIGH, like appx $100 per person. Or make it like $10 a use.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralShang
    The logs used to be one long bench where you can fit 6 people (legally). I guess you could fit even more if you have a cast member that's loading you who doesn't care about safety....

Now the logs have "seats" that can only fit 5.

Yes but I think the logs move thru the ride more quickly now, which would cancel out the capacity diff....
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• That's Hawt

I forgot that there used to be no seats
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Wench
    That would totally mess up my touring plans! But that is why a lot of people don't like it, a few people have it mastered and a lot don't use it or know how to use it. I am a master of Fastpass. I would REALLY miss it but it would let me see all of the queues again.

I agree PW ...... It definitely helps me get more rides in. And although I've heard of the "caste system", I still don't get it ....... can you explain that, iSm? I need to know if I should feel guilty for taking advantage of FP .....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• That's Hawt

I don't understand why people like fastpass so much, the rides' lines were designed to be waited in. That is the point of an expensive queue. To wait in it.
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• I like Cheese...

The think I hate most is the fact that they make the park more crowed. For example, the heavily themed Indy queue used to absorb a lot of people. now those people are out in the park. None of the rides were designed with FP in mind, so now at indy and SM for example, instead of all those folks being in the line inside, a lot are now in line outside because you have to make room for the FP folks to get to the ride, plus the standy folks now wait a lot longer.

I would like to see them remove FP and only re-introduce it at rides with queues designed for it.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    I don't understand why people like fastpass so much, the rides' lines were designed to be waited in. That is the point of an expensive queue. To wait in it.
    I don't care how pretty the lines are. I would rather not wait in them. Especially during the warm months when people forget to apply doederant or shower. I would rather get on the rides quickly and move on. On a side note. I do pay extra for the smae privlage at universal and MM. I just don't like lines. They are not the best part of DL, but I wait in the ones I have to and hope no children are going to be touchy feely in line. Why do kids always paly with my butt. It's not abnormally large or small or unique....WHY??..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever
    The think I hate most is the fact that they make the park more crowed. For example, the heavily themed Indy queue used to absorb a lot of people. now those people are out in the park. None of the rides were designed with FP in mind, so now at indy and SM for example, instead of all those folks being in the line inside, a lot are now in line outside because you have to make room for the FP folks to get to the ride, plus the standy folks now wait a lot longer.

I would like to see them remove FP and only re-introduce it at rides with queues designed for it.
    hopefully Buzz will absorb all those space people, honestly when space first had fastpass things weren't that bad

anywho I don't think the DCA fastpasses are quite useless, they should leave the ones for ToT and Screamin but the rest are pretty unecessary (is there a rest?)

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    hopefully Buzz will absorb all those space people, honestly when space first had fastpass things weren't that bad

anywho I don't think the DCA fastpasses are quite useless, they should leave the ones for ToT and Screamin but the rest are pretty unecessary (is there a rest?)
    I have never used a fast past for screamin or tower and i have never waited more than 30 minutes for either ride - in fact its usually in the realm of about 15 minutes.

• Dread Pirate Roberts #137

Fastpass is just a huge shell game set by Pressler to "improve" the guest experience without building those pesky new rides. Unfortunately, all it did was put people onto the sidewalks, and combined with ODV plugged them like New Year's at Time Square. Of course, it was thought up through Powerpoint presentations instead of through actual research, so what we've come to understand is that Disneyland is no better now than it was without Fastpass, and in some cases it's worse (clogged walkways, HM and PoTC), so for my part I couldn't care less about Fastpass.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Wench
    That would totally mess up my touring plans! But that is why a lot of people don't like it, a few people have it mastered and a lot don't use it or know how to use it. I am a master of Fastpass. I would REALLY miss it but it would let me see all of the queues again.
    Actually, it's the exact opposite for me. I was always used to touring without Fastpass, knew what every attraction's wait time would be during what time of the day, what effect the shows would have, etc. But now the Fastpass is a completely different system to learn, and I never really got the hang of it. Now once it hits 11 am, I can't get on any Fastpass attraction, when before Potc, HM, and Roger Rabbit had 15 min. waits. And I could sneak in a dozen rides on Indy an hour or so before the park closes, but with Fastpass I can't do that any more.
    Trivia: On April Fool's Day 2004, Disneyland guests found -- at the insistence of the board of directors -- the gigantic dragon featured in Fantasmic replaced with a gigantic Roy Disney (leading to a reprimand to the cast member playing Mickey Mouse when he hugged the giant instead of fighting it)

• That's Hawt

I honestly think that waiting in line is part of the point of Disneyland. I realize that it may make it difficult to get to some rides but Disneyland lived for at least 40 years without it and really should go back to the way it was. People are just too darn impatient.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    I have never used a fast past for screamin or tower and i have never waited more than 30 minutes for either ride - in fact its usually in the realm of about 15 minutes.
    I've been there when the wait times for thise rides were much longer than that. Another one is soarin' and GRR during the warm days.

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    I honestly think that waiting in line is part of the point of Disneyland. I realize that it may make it difficult to get to some rides but Disneyland lived for at least 40 years without it and really should go back to the way it was. People are just too darn impatient.
    I agree, people are way too impatient. The line is also part of the fun, the anticipation... you also get more out of the story as is the case with roger rabbit and indiana jones.

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I've been there when the wait times for thise rides were much longer than that. Another one is soarin' and GRR during the warm days.

I have seen wait times for Screamin' be at two hours and GRR was at two to three. Soarin' was at like two and a half. THAT was an insane day. I use the single rider line on days like that.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast