Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

• The Uber Film Geek

I'm guessing that there are a good handful of free spenders with APs. The rest are cheapskates, based on their decision to buy an AP.
    Well, at least this cheapskate has manners. Seriously, I fail to see how it is my fault for purchasing a product that Disney is offering.
    My DVDs
    "Every view they hold on you's a piano out of tune
    You're an angel, you're a demon, you're just.... human." - James, Lullaby

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    If one more person whines about how unfair it is that locals can get APs, I'm gonna scream. You sound like children! So what if I can visit Disneyland everyday for 320 bucks! It's better than getting 50 dollars every 2 years isn't it? Most APs would only visit Disneyland once a year if at all! Even if all they spend is 3 bucks on a churro, Disney is making a profit. So stop complaining about it.

I was always jealous that people in Florida got to have all these great parks in one convient area... Then I grew up.
    Amen! I tip my hat to the king of the verbal snack-down!
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• I like Cheese...

Who says APs are cheapskates? Believe it or not, many FULL PAYING VISITORS leave the park to eat, or sneak food inside. How else do you think the outside vendors make money? Everytime I go to Disneyland I hear people complain about the $2.50 drinks. The meal combos that don't even include a drink that are 8 bucks, or how much pricier McDonald's is inside the park than outside. I never really even see people buy big souvenirs except for hats, and the occasional kids toys. APs are the ones buying sculptures, artwork, pins, etc.

If one more person whines about how unfair it is that locals can get APs, I'm gonna scream. You sound like children! So what if I can visit Disneyland everyday for 320 bucks! It's better than getting 50 dollars every 2 years isn't it? Most APs would only visit Disneyland once a year if at all! Even if all they spend is 3 bucks on a churro, Disney is making a profit. So stop complaining about it.
    I agree with this. I don't really like fastpasses, but my reasons have nothing to do with APs or anything like that.

• MiceAge Columnist

Let's pull back the tone here slightly.

Heated thoughts and words are fine if directed at IDEAS.

Heated words and insults directed at PEOPLE are not allowed.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• Minion

It just seems funny how people think that they can judge an entire group of people based on the value of a pass... That is amazing. Why shouldn't I watch what I spend? When in life has anyone ever told you to spend as much as you can to make someone else rich? I'm a college student with a part-time job, if anything, I shouldn't even be spending $320 on a season pass in the first place! If you are so rich and so wealthy that you can call all of us cheapskates, than feel free to foot the bill for every time I want to visit Disneyland...

• Rock Star Minion

It just seems funny how people think that they can judge an entire group of people based on the value of a pass... That is amazing. Why shouldn't I watch what I spend? When in life has anyone ever told you to spend as much as you can to make someone else rich? I'm a college student with a part-time job, if anything, I shouldn't even be spending $320 on a season pass in the first place! If you are so rich and so wealthy that you can call all of us cheapskates, than feel free to foot the bill for every time I want to visit Disneyland...
    I never stated that there was anything wrong with being a cheapskate, or that the cheapskates shouldn't have a pass. It's just that the program will be discovered by cheapskates far more often than by the big-spenders. Mainly because the population contains more cheapskates than big spenders. (Yes, Kevin, I'm insulting the entire world!)
    It's a great deal, right? This is why cheapskates buy them.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    I never stated that there was anything wrong with being a cheapskate, or that the cheapskates shouldn't have a pass. It's just that the program will be discovered by cheapskates far more often than by the big-spenders. Mainly because the population contains more cheapskates than big spenders. (Yes, Kevin, I'm insulting the entire world!)
    It's a great deal, right? This is why cheapskates buy them.
    I still don't see what any of this has to do with Fastpass.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Let's get back on the subject of Fastpass....Abolishing AP's is another thread.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Rock Star Minion

I still don't see what any of this has to do with Fastpass.
    It doesn't. I was commenting on your post.
    I brought up APs in my ideas for improving FastPass if it has to be kept.

• Banned User

FP is a great idea... however what happened is it was abused and transformed into a beast.... In theaory you would have 1 FP vehicle to 2/3 Standby vehicles.. in reality this never happens.... Think of it like this...

Go on any omnimover... should FP be in this "people eater" ride.. no.... it should be a regular queue... no FP allowed.... on rides like indiana jones... make the FP queue loop around the Standby queue... but have only one entree point for them.... then 2 /3 for standby.... if their is no one in FP then standby can use that spot untill FP people come..... This is the correct wat to make the system work... if they wont do this... then it should be removed.....

• With my wife....

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    or maybe while your waiting in line for Space you could be going on Star Tours or HISTA
    People actually going to HISTA?

That was a funny joke!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

I have believed that Fastpass has hurt the park more than anything else. I have advocated its removal for a few years now. Why!

The money spent on implementing, installing, upkeep, and manpower could all have gone to building new rides which Disneyland needed when they kept shutting down attractions and adding none.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    How long did it used to take when you were waiting in line for Splash before fastpass?
    I love Splash Mountain, but I so rarely ride it any more because of FastPass. Either FastPass is no longer available when I arrive or the time slot available is just too far ahead, plus the stand-by line is just not reasonable. Prior to FastPass I rarely saw a line longer than 60 minutes on Splash Mountain. You knew it was a busy day when the line stretched to 75 minutes. Most often the line would be a reasonable 30 minutes.

After FastPass and with the reduced capacity logs the stand-by line is often 100 plus minutes!

Life was better before FastPass.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralShang
    The logs used to be one long bench where you can fit 6 people (legally). I guess you could fit even more if you have a cast member that's loading you who doesn't care about safety....

Now the logs have "seats" that can only fit 5.

The logs actually would sit 3-2-3 comfortablly for a total capacity of 8. If you asked they would sit 3-2-4 for a capacity of nine. Without the two seat dividers they would've sat 10 which was the original attraction spec, but they reduced capacity prior to opening to reduce the weight in the log due to design problems causing riders to get soaked. The most regular order that cast members filled them was either 2-2-2 or 2-2-3 seating 6 or 7 per log.

• Minion

Before fast pass, I rarely saw the line below an 1:15, and it was always worse when the crowds were heavy!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast