Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 91
  1. #76

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatever
    The think I hate most is the fact that they make the park more crowed. For example, the heavily themed Indy queue used to absorb a lot of people. now those people are out in the park. None of the rides were designed with FP in mind, so now at indy and SM for example, instead of all those folks being in the line inside, a lot are now in line outside because you have to make room for the FP folks to get to the ride, plus the standy folks now wait a lot longer.

    I would like to see them remove FP and only re-introduce it at rides with queues designed for it.
    I could not agree more.

    When Fastpass was first introduced I liked the system, but overtime the negatives have far outweighed the positives. Now I would like to see the system abolished all together or seriously changed.

    Attractions like Roger Rabbit and Indiana Jones have been destroyed by FastPass. The queues are a major part of the attraction.

    Late Arrivals to the park do not get to take advantage of the system on busy days because often the FastPass is sold out.

    There are longer lines for all on most attractions with FastPass. Rides like Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad have longer waits than prior to FastPass. On a busy day prior to FastPass 30 minutes was a long line for a high-capacity ride like Big Thunder Mountain. Now you get a 60-75 minute stand-by line and a FastPass return time four or five hours later if available.

  2. #77

    • Wide-eyed Tourist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    26
    I agree that FastPass has been overdone... too many rides (Pirates, Mansion, Roger Rabbit, and others) and too many passes doled out per return time. However, I think the idea is great, and I love using FP to get on Splash Mountain a couple times a day without spending several hours standing in line.

    I don't buy into the "standing in queues is part of the fun" line because I only get to go to DL once every couple of years, and riding the rides is a lot more fun for me than waiting in line. If you enjoy waiting in line, be my guest. If I can go ride Pirates and Mansion while my "virtual self" waits in line for Splash via FP, all the better.

    As for the lines being longer, what would happen if everyone who got a FP just got in standby instead? Rides have limited capacity, and changing the order in which people get to ride doesn't increase or decrease the total number of riders.

    I believe that there are better ways to reduce crowded walkways than removing FP. Making Tomorrowland a better land to visit certainly can't hurt. Taking out the despised ODV carts would also help. And of course, we all want more rides in the park to soak up people.

    I don't know what the cost of installing and operating FP is, but it's a drop in the ocean compared to what was squandered on DCA. It's not like there was a decision to be made of "should we install FastPass or a new E-ticket in Disneyland?", because there is no comparison in cost.

    There is a fine line between FastPass being helpful or being a problem, and I think that line has been crossed. It could be scaled back to being helpful again by reducing the number of rides it is used on and the quantity of passes given out. I think that complete removal would be a kneejerk reaction to a relatively simple problem.

    That's my take on FastPass. Feel free to show me where I'm wrong or chime in if you think I'm right.

  3. #78

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3

    Are you people nuts?????

    Fastpass is great. I have enjoyed my trips more with fastpass then ever before. I have always enjoyed the queue's as much as anyone, but not enough to stand in them for an hour (or two) when I don't have to.

    My family and I will get our fastpass and then go ride several of the smaller rides. We are always in motion. I do not have to listen to the infamous "are we there yet/how much longer???" How can that be a bad thing. They are moving in the right direction. Fast moving rides like Pirates, Buzz Lightyear, Mansion, (etc.) should not have fast pass, but the biggies (Splash, Thunder, Indy, soon Space (Can I have a Hallelujah) must have fastpass.
    Okay, Peter Pan might need a fastpass, but that is it.

    It is important to keep improving. With Matt at the helm, I have no doubt Disney will once again be ahead of the curve.

  4. #79

    • BUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRP
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    14
    I don't see how anyone in their right mind would want to get rid of FastPass.

    You tell me this... do you WANT to go back to the days where you had to wait an hour every time you wanted to go on Indy? An hour and a half every time you wanted to go on Splash Mountain? A half an hour to go on Autopia, an hour to go on Space Mountain?

    If so, you're insane and off your rocker.

    FastPass is great... and it will continue to be wonderful, just as long as most of the people in the park are too stupid to use it and just use the standby lines. And that's the case now- the standby lines stay full on the big FastPass rides- the standby for Splash is still an hour and a half, an hour for Indy... and you and I get to get our FastPass, go take a ride on Mr. Toad or grab lunch, and then wait five or ten minutes ourselves.

    I can't believe anyone would argue against FastPass. You all are nuts.

  5. #80

    • BUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRP
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by cfparkmanager
    On a busy day prior to FastPass 30 minutes was a long line for a high-capacity ride like Big Thunder Mountain. Now you get a 60-75 minute stand-by line and a FastPass return time four or five hours later if available.
    Let's not pull numbers out of thin air. You are exaggerating in a ridiculous way.

    You used to have to wait an hour to go on Thunder on busy days back in the day. And even on Saturdays nowadays, the line rarely hits an hour- when it's real busy maybe it'll hit 45 or so.

    Don't exaggerate to make your point.

  6. #81

    • BUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRP
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmainstreet
    The Fastpass system has its merits:
    1. It's FREE, and thus available to all
    2. When used it signficiantly cuts down on wait time for the Fastpasser

    but it's drawbacks:
    1. Many many people will never unstand it/ spend the time during a hectic vacation to figure it out.
    2. The machines take up, precious precious space.
    3. The Fastpass systems signficiantly slows down the Stand-By lines
    4. It is discouraging being in a stand-by line and watch tons of fastpassers essentially cut in front of you.

    I am a cast member, I understand the system- and use it to the fullest cheating extent, but I also realize those drawbacks. I agree that the system as it stands does not work because-
    1. It is too complicated and not throughly explained enough so that every guest has 100% knowledge off and can take advantage of it.
    2. It detracts from the enjoyment of guests that do not take advantage of it.
    I think you're confused.

    As to your "benefits:"
    1. The fact that FastPass is free is not a benefit, it is a drawback. It means that it has the real potential to be overused, something you would be less likely to see if it were sold.

    2. Absolutely. FastPass is amazing for those who choose to use it. I don't care what anyone has to say- FastPass makes it so that I can get on way more rides, get to have more experiences in more places, than I would have before. Where I would have spent an hour in line for a ride, I can now go ride a Fantasyland ride or two and then have time for that big ride.

    As to your drawbacks:
    1. The fact that many people will never understand it is not a drawback, it is a BENEFIT. It was designed this way! If it were designed in an easier-to-understand way, it would not work, because too many people would use it! Because it takes a little bit of effort to understand, lazy people won't bother with it. And that means you and I get to use it just about all we want.
    2. The machines take up, precious precious space? Nah. Not really. What would that space be used for, anyway? You tell me! What projects are there in the pipeline that would be better if the FastPass machines didn't take up space? Nahhhh.
    3. The Fastpass systems signficiantly slows down the Stand-By lines? No it doesn't. The lines in standby are as long as they have always been. The Indy line is
    4. "It is discouraging being in a stand-by line and watch tons of fastpassers essentially cut in front of you." NOW THIS ONE I agree with. When designing the system, they should have found a way to completely separate FastPass and Standby- and this, primarily, for that poor CM who has to stand there telling the Standby line that they have to wait for the Fastpass people going through. The abuse that guy or girl always takes is ridiculous, and that's a poor system. This is the one thing they do need to revamp- making it so the FastPass lines and the Standby lines don't cross paths and don't see each other would solve all our problems. Period. But they were a bit lazy when they put it in- and Indiana Jones is the worst example, where a person using FastPass can be yelled at, hit, spit at, or cursed at as they have to walk by on that small, tight bridge right next to the line of Standby people.

  7. #82

    • BUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRP
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    I honestly think that waiting in line is part of the point of Disneyland. I realize that it may make it difficult to get to some rides but Disneyland lived for at least 40 years without it and really should go back to the way it was. People are just too darn impatient.
    This may be your thought process and that is fine with me... but it does not make you a normal, average Disneyland visitor.

    The other 99% of Disneyland visitors do not want to wait in line long. The point of Disneyland to them is to enjoy fun rides, have a fun meal, meet some characters, and spend a day with the family or friends. Disneyland is an escape from everyday life! It is a fun place, where you don't have to worry about silly responsibilities and you just have a good time. It is the kind of place you go to so you can ESCAPE silly, rote tasks like having to stand in line in a boring way for hours. The point to them is not to stand in line, trapped, for an hour or more so they can enjoy a couple minutes on a ride. That's not impatient, it's rational. They'd rather use that time to be out doing other things, free to do what they want- instead of standing in line twiddling their thumbs for an hour.

    Those other 99% of Disneyland visitors would kindly let you know that they hope your kind stays in the tiny minority.

  8. #83

    • My Children's Father
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Island in the Sun
    Posts
    1,497
    I'm with you, 150cc.

    I think the problems of standbyers assaulting CMs and FPers are a result of the FP program being introduced as cheaply as possible. Expensive reconstruction of queues would have been necessary to keep the lines seperate.

    Maybe the FP line-monitor CM (don't know the "official" designation) could pass out more detailed brochures to the bigger complainers .....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

  9. #84

    • Imagineering Hopeful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    UCSD
    Posts
    4
    I agree with the concept of Fastpass solely for the fact that it rewards those who know how to use it...I know that since I only get to the parks 1/2 times a year I want to make the most of my visit and enjoy "working the system" in order to get on some of the E-ticket rides that I wouldnt usually bother with because of the lines. I have noticed the overcrowding of sidewalks, and this clearly is unfortunate, when so much of so many rides is the queue itself. Sitting outside on the sidewalk does nothing- and the fastpass folk dont stop to look at anything- i always find myself being rushed foward while I check out the details on Indy or Soarin'... Perhaps some retooling is necessary, but I think it should definately be kept in some form.
    ...one little spark, lights up for you...

  10. #85

    • It's all nonsense
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    You'll never guess
    Posts
    2,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Figment's Spark
    I have noticed the overcrowding of sidewalks, and this clearly is unfortunate, when so much of so many rides is the queue itself.
    I think the overcrowding will partially be relieved when SM and buzz open up.

  11. #86

    • Imagineering Hopeful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    UCSD
    Posts
    4
    I more meant rides like Splash where half the queue space is taken out for FP and the overflow is backed up to the entrance of HM instead of inside the actual waiting area...Hopefully those two rides will help the congestion in TomorrowLand, the space under the old people mover track and around the ridiculous "club buzz" is like a zoo. i cant tell you how many people asked me last time I was there if I was standing in a line. No one could tell who was just trying to get somewhere and who was trying to get in line- especially when there are extra lines to GET fastpasses....yet another problem....
    ...one little spark, lights up for you...

  12. #87

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1
    fast pass has always worked really well for me... I don't see any drawbacks...but then I don't live in CA... I don't get there very often and like someone else said I work the system. I agree that some rides didn't and don't need them and now they don't have them!

  13. #88

    • hide the rum
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Redondo Beach/San Diego CA
    Posts
    75

    Re: How about no more Fast Passes

    i go single rider for splash mountain
    but fast passes come in handy for me in like indy or thunder mountain
    "Be very careful about following the advice in health books. You could die of a misprint."
    -Shrunken Ned

  14. #89

    • hide the rum
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Redondo Beach/San Diego CA
    Posts
    75

    Re: How about no more Fast Passes

    o ya and buzz!!!! especaily wen its hot! ans space moutain i dont like waiting in that hot sun
    "Be very careful about following the advice in health books. You could die of a misprint."
    -Shrunken Ned

  15. #90

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In front of Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Posts
    187

    Re: How about no more Fast Passes

    Fastpass is very useful when you're not able to go to DL very often. I know it gets the walkways more crowded but it really saves you time to ride more attractions. I agree, however, that some rides don't need it, like Big Thunder, the wait was never over 30-45 mins when I was there. On the other hand, Space Mountain was always over an hour... thanks to FP I could ride it over and over...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] HMH Included to Dream Fast Passes.
    By Dan - Tasmic! in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-09-2008, 01:38 PM
  2. Fast passes
    By vic_ster1047 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 09:13 PM
  3. Fast Passes & a few notes...
    By la_canuck in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-09-2007, 08:38 PM
  4. fast passes run out times?
    By belleariel412 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-10-2006, 01:35 PM
  5. Fast Passes: Worth it?
    By Cuzco-topia in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 03:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •