Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Still wants to be a cat!

How about no more Fast Passes

Amazing but true, most people would be able to enjoy more rides in a given day. Just think about it........Matterhorn, no Fast Pass, line moves quickly, so you don't mind the wait. Ever wait for Splash Mountain in the regular line, it hardly moves and takes forever! What does everyone else think? It does come in handy, but you can only get a couple of them a day. I would prefer no Fast Passes, no tickets, just wait in line and move right along.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• They wanna know, HO!

Actually, sorta, but no.

FastPass is a time-shifting reservation system. If used APPROPREATLY and implement USEFULLY, it cust down time and gets people to go to the ride on off times. BUT when rides cut down on vehicles to make FastPass look better (Living with the Land), or have a bad ratio of FastPass to regular line ratio (lots of other rides.) I think many rides should have FastPass such as Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Indy, Test Track, etc, many should NOT, like Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, and others. I mean, for CRYING OUT LOUD, do we need FastPass for a ride that rarely has more than a 10 minute wait? I've had longer lines fro Haunted Mansion while FastPass was installed than when it wasnt!
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• That's Hawt

How long did it used to take when you were waiting in line for Splash before fastpass?
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    How long did it used to take when you were waiting in line for Splash before fastpass?
    I remeber only waiting an hour or less but they had higher capacity logs then too

now with fastpass the line always looks to be four hours long o_o I either get a fastpass or I just skip the attraction completly (which is what I did durring my last trip )

• Still wants to be a cat!

My point exactly. I have never been on Splash Mountain without a Fast Pass, but I see those long lines with 2.5 hour wait or more. I usually get a Fast Pass first thing in the morning, and get on the ride later in the afternoon, no repeat trips, that's for sure. Many times have skipped it, since my daughter and I are only there for a few hours, no point then.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    I remeber only waiting an hour or less but they had higher capacity logs then too
    How were the logs higher capacity?
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Defeats the Huns

For me, Splash always had a long time -- I remember it being 2-3 hours when I was a kid. It's just about the same right now -- I've never seen it to be 4 hours long. When FastPass came out, I don't think Management realized that some rides are better off WITHOUT the fastpass service ... they're smarter now and did all the necessary research to realize Haunted (during the regular season) and Pirates don't need FastPasses. I think no matter what you do, Splash will have long lines -- it's the attraction with the highest thrill factor right now (since Space Mtn is down) so it's going to be popular. YEAH! And that's another thing ... space mountain is down -- of course lines are going to be longer at Splash right now!

• The Uber Film Geek

No seats.

As for Fastpass - better efficiency is needed, not complete abolishment. Again, I ask, why do the CM's hold up the standby line for the Fastpass line when no one is IN the Fastpass line?
    My DVDs
    "Every view they hold on you's a piano out of tune
    You're an angel, you're a demon, you're just.... human." - James, Lullaby

• Defeats the Huns

The logs used to be one long bench where you can fit 6 people (legally). I guess you could fit even more if you have a cast member that's loading you who doesn't care about safety....

Now the logs have "seats" that can only fit 5.

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-26-2005 at 07:36 PM.

• Disney fans for life!

I agree. Keep the FastPass system, just operate it more efficiently so it doesn't PUNISH the folks in the regular (I hate calling it the "Stand-by" line)line.

Just a little tweaking, that's all.

• Social Imagineer

I hate FastPass! I milk the system all the time, but I hate the caste system it creates and I would not shed a tear if it were abolished.

• no flash photography...

we waited 2 1/2 to 3 hours....

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    I hate FastPass! I milk the system all the time, but I hate the caste system it creates and I would not shed a tear if it were abolished.
    caste system?? they are free to everyone. There is more of a caste system at MM and universal...IMO.....now if the charged more to get in to use the fastpass I could see your point..

I doubt they'll get rid of Fastpass but it does need to be used more with more discression? I think they need to monitor popularity and such, Pooh obviously didn't need it

I've heard they will monitor Buzz and consider removing it after the 50th (once it has had a chance to seattle in) Omnimovers shouldn't be fastpass it just messes them up, they might consider doing the same with HMH eventialy I think

Indy has really clumsy use of the system, either fix it better so everyones inside the temple or get rid of it there

Space made great use of the systme that I can remeber (except you could forget about riding it again at night) I'm sure Space will make even better use of fastpass when it opens again

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast