Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: New Daytime Parade In 2009...

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    Music is a VERY important part of a great parade. MSEP music was so amazing when it first came out. It is hard to describe the feeling of excitement and fun that the music invoked. Lately, Disney has not been investing in new music for its parades. The music has been underwhelming. I hope that with the new parade, Disney is able to pick or compose music that communicates excitement, fun and makes you want to move!
    I couldn't agree more with JiminyCricketFan. Disney needs to step it up A LOT with their music to the Disneyland parades. Both POTS and POD had/have a very under-whelming music score. And Jiminy hit those 3 key words to make a parade awesome...excitement, fun and makes you want to move.

The Party Gras Parade, circa 1990, is a prime example of what an awesome parade should be!

• Banned User

The Party Gras Parade was everything BPB wasn't. It was just a general, fun parade, no Brands and Movie themed floats, just a huge assortment of characters and a great atmosphere. Roger Rabbit wouldn't hurt either...

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    The Silly Symphonies themed units is really exciting, since I'm an old-school style Disney fan that loves the classics (even though I am only 22).
    I really like the classics as well and I'm only 23. And i enjoy Silly Symphonies so i bet it will be great! But i do love Parade of Dreams, the music ALWAYS makes me cry!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    I couldn't agree more with JiminyCricketFan. Disney needs to step it up A LOT with their music to the Disneyland parades. Both POTS and POD had/have a very under-whelming music score. And Jiminy hit those 3 key words to make a parade awesome...excitement, fun and makes you want to move.

The Party Gras Parade, circa 1990, is a prime example of what an awesome parade should be!
    Mark Hammond produced the music for PoD, and while the individual float scores were nice, it was obvious it was his first time into that foray as things didn't mesh AT ALL. However, he was recently given a second shot at it with Jubilation at TDL, and HOLY CRAP let me tell you what a difference it is!! A lot of it is the same feel as PoD, but everything flows so much better and it actually sounds like one cohesive soundtrack! I'd say bring him back and let him go at it again for DL's new parade.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    the music ALWAYS makes me cry!
    Me too!

Just not for the same reasons!!

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    Music is a VERY important part of a great parade. MSEP music was so amazing when it first came out. It is hard to describe the feeling of excitement and fun that the music invoked. Lately, Disney has not been investing in new music for its parades. The music has been underwhelming. I hope that with the new parade, Disney is able to pick or compose music that communicates excitement, fun and makes you want to move!
    While music is a key element to parades, I would definitely disagree with you in that parade music lately hasn't been good.

I think POD's music is some of the most beautiful and upbeat "classic" style Disney parade music to come out in a while, and the "Welcome" show stop is produced perfectly.
    Mark Hammond, who did POD's music, and Jubilation! in Tokyo, did something really wonderful in re-interpreting classic Disney music with a fresh, new sound to it but keeping the musical integrity of the original in tact...if that makes sense. It's not simply orchestral, but has great layering with a mixture of contemporary sounds mixed in with a great driving bass to give it body and round it out. It makes it feel very rich and upbeat.

Look, it's all subjective. Some people love it, others don't. I don't think you can deny though that Parade of Dreams was an incredible step up in overall quality in all aspects of its production from what we had seen with nearly 5 years of Parade of the Stars...and the guest reaction and word of mouth have proved that it's no doubt a popular parade that will get its life extended when the WDW audience gets to enjoy it. I highly doubt that if it was Parade of the Stars that it would have WDW wanting it.
    So yes, some love it, others don't, as will always be the case...but it works.

I also think some (not all) confuse the issue regarding the musical transitions - particularly when it premiered, most of those have been ironed out quite well - with the conclusion that something is inherently wrong with the music itself. Again, I said some people, not all, and I'm not pointing to anyone in particular here.
    But of course, different strokes for different folks.

anyways, back on topic - The tech from "walking with dinosaurs" is pretty amazing. I am truly curious as to see how they are going to use it...perhaps bring some Disney characters to life this way that couldn't quite be brought to life as easily before?

• Banned User

I hope Walt Disney World gets a clone of this World of Wonder parade. The stuff here is so outdated and lame.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    I hope Walt Disney World gets a clone of this World of Wonder parade. The stuff here is so outdated and lame.
    Walt Disney World is getting the Parade of Dreams.

• Banned User

Hooray! A new parade! I think Disneyland's future is getting brighter. Maybe for later in the end of 2008, I'll present Disneyland's Year of Doing Something Right.

• Creative Director

the parade may not come until closer to the 55th in 2010 though, so it's still a while...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyLD View Post
    Well since its out. The working title is "World of Wonder". With themed units to such things as, Fantasia, Princess and the Frog, Silly Symphonies, and many more. Using Technology developed for a HKDL parade based on Dinosaurs.
    Speaking of Silly Symphonies, if we're going to have Silly Symphonies, that means, we might get Horace Horsecollar ! WHEE! WHOPPEE! Sorry, get carried away! By the way, here's a clip of a Silly Symphonies float from Tokyo Disneyland on 5:00 to 6:12:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGaRWRFF95g
    Last edited by TsWade2; 04-19-2008 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    This all sounds so very cool and I'm super excited about it. But I haven't heard yet whether or not this new parade will be around just for 2009 or will it be the official daytime parade for Disneyland's 55th Anniversary for 2010??? Does anyone know the answer to that???
    That is what I am wondering when this is actually going to happen. I can not tell you how many variations I have heard of the dates when Disneyland will get a new parade and when Parade Of Dreams will be coming to WDW.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123