Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Dave

Blog Entries

Re: Third Gate: If the Disneyland Hotel is imploded....

I think it would be a tragedy for the old Hotel to go. I think even without a coffe maker in every room people will still stay there. Just because it is older and doesn't have all the modern convinances people still stay their. I hope the remodell before they blow it up! People you can live without e-mail for a few days!
    Dave

could definitely fit a FULL SIZE park in that area (including adjacent parking lots) - it's as big as D'Land, just different shape. Not that you would want to...but seems painfully obvious you could. However, I like the 2 park idea...maybe a water park, let's keep it simple. Let's not have another lame park like DCA.

well, i think they could have a third park, not in this location but in strawberryfields, only if they sit down and plan this one right.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by ucube View Post
    could definitely fit a FULL SIZE park in that area (including adjacent parking lots) - it's as big as D'Land, just different shape. Not that you would want to...but seems painfully obvious you could. However, I like the 2 park idea...maybe a water park, let's keep it simple. Let's not have another lame park like DCA.
    When you include the "back stage" area needed for various attractions and events, then the the DLH area is NOT as large as DL nor big enough for a full size theme park to be built there.

The best place for a full sized 3rd gate in the resort district is the strawberry fields IMO. The area that currently holds the DLH is best served as a hotel, smaller "water park", or an extention of DTD.

i think that whole area from the parking structure all the way south to Katella has room for a water park, downtown disney expansion, more hotels, and lots more. but a full size theme park fitting in there would be pretty tough, i mean yah it could fit, but it would be a very funky layout. and plus I wouldn't want them to destroy the DLH, but i looking forward to a refurb

I hope they tear the hotel down. Its old ugly and in need of lots of work. The only Disney thing about it is the name. It was not even built or part of Disney's original plan and was just bought from a private owner a few years back.

you've got a point that disney didn't even own or build it to begin with, i just think it would be a waste just to tear it down. especially to squeeze a park in that area. but definitely a nice refurb wouldnt hurt

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

The DLH is on prime land and if the infrastructure of the hotel is not capable of supporting an upgrade then it is time for a complete rebuild. With Disney managed hotels going in at GardenWalk it might be a great time for Disney to rebuild the hotel into another first class hotel akin to the Grand.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

^yeah i agree, the DLH should at least be at the level of the Grand Californian, and Parardise Pier hotel should be at this level. If these hotels used the WDW rating system, i think only Grand would be a deluxe, while all three should be turned into deluxe.

• Zip-A-Dee

It would be hard to see a landmark such as the DLH go, but I'm sure that if it did Disney would make it worthwhile and build something that would uphold the standard that it once held. Unfortunately refurb'ing it would probably only be a temporary fix that only delays it's future demise. Why not do it right now than deal with the problems later? As for a third gate is concerned, I think they have their hands full enough as it stands and would like to see the other parks given their due attention before any is taken away by a new one...

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer View Post
    ^yeah i agree, the DLH should at least be at the level of the Grand Californian, and Parardise Pier hotel should be at this level. If these hotels used the WDW rating system, i think only Grand would be a deluxe, while all three should be turned into deluxe.
    Hotels are going to be more important than a third theme park for Disneyland in my opinion.

I really want to see the Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier Hotel get new Disney-theme facelifts but I dont see happening in the next decade. The possibility of new themed hotels in this area is going to depend on the success of the brand new and improved DCA. If the new DCA proves to be successful then I would love to see the Paradise Pier hotel be rethemed to go with the new theming in the PP section of DCA (in that way DLR will FINALLY have a Victorian themed hotel like all the other Disney resorts). As for the DLH, they can keep the art deco or hollywood style or create a new theming all together. But like I said none of this is going to happen or be considered for quite a while but I would like to see new hotels come first instead of a new park because I think Disney hotels are in bigger demand!
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Stop global whining!!!!!!

Visit me at: Gabriel Felton

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345