Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Space Mountain - Lights On

I have been lucky enough to go on both the new and old Space Mountains and the Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom at Disney World with the lights on. What I really want is one trip with all the lights off!

thanks dan-tasmic for the pics of the model, i've seen the model before but not in such detail. thanks again i'm gonna have to check it out at the opera house

• Goofy is the man

Last October was my first and only experience of being on a ride that went 101, and it was SM. It was actually a little scary at first, we were going, but could hear some sort of announcement being made. The problem was we were still going really fast, and could only catch a word here and there. It felt like it was forever. I knew that they have brakes in the ride, but I was still a little nervous. Finally we got to hear they turned our music off and we got to hear that we were going to be stopping. We sat in the dark for a few and then they turned on the lights. Before the lights were turned on we could hear all the trains behind us stop. That is what made my mom a little nervous. I thought we were going to walk off, but they just came and gave us a push. We then got to ride again. I only got a couple pics, and I was in the car ahead of the rest of my group with the camera, so I got pics of them, but didn't get one of me. Oh well, it was a cool experience!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I was amazed at how close the cars are to each other! I'm trying to erase that from my mind LOL
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

has anyone ever been stopped in Space mountain and been able to see the peoplemover track windows, or are they covered up?

• Troublemaker

Thanks for the plug, Kuzcochik, but apparently people like watching horrible quality YouTube videos better.

• Addicted to MC since '08

I remember one time at DLR when Big Thunder Mountain went 101. I was riding up the 2nd hill (The one with the Dynamite Chewing Goat) and the train stopped. I waited for about 10-15 minutes and a CM came walking up the lift and proceded to unlatch the restraints and we had to walk down the lift to the exit. Along the way we passed through the waterfalls/pools and bat cave with the lights on and it was cool and disappointing at the same time. I wish I had not seen it, for it sort of ruined the "magic".

The funny part is is that there was a handicap riding in my train and another fellow and myself were responsible to carry her to the exit safely.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123