Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Former Cast Member

Bees Close Walkway in Frontierland

I was at D-land today heading toward Billy Hill & the Golden Horshoe at 2:00 through the Frontierland Bridge when we were told we couldn't go through. They had set up benches that dissallowed passage. As it turns out, a swarm of bees took up residence on one branch of one of the olive trees in the planter. They were plain to see and there were a few thousand I would guess. As we made our way around, the threat must have diminished because by 5 pm they still had some blockage of the walkway, but it was easy to pass by and see the bees.

Re: Bees Close Walkway in Frontierland

That walkway wasnt blocked for long. I know first hand. Only part of the walkway was closed.

Its approaching summer time. Bees are a normal occurance in the park.

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by nolimit View Post
    That walkway wasnt blocked for long. I know first hand. Only part of the walkway was closed.

Its approaching summer time. Bees are a normal occurance in the park.
    That makes sense because we were told to go through Adventureland, but then others in our party went through right next to the mexican restaurant only 10 minutes later.

• =)

Same thing happened on the UCLA campus a few days ago. There was a spot on a walkway that was totally swarmed with 'em, and I almost ended up being one of the many who absentmindedly walked into the embarrassingly obvious peril.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Same thing happened on the UCLA campus a few days ago. There was a spot on a walkway that was totally swarmed with 'em, and I almost ended up being one of the many who absentmindedly walked into the embarrassingly obvious peril.
    Data if your a bruin i hate you because you have those Disney Imangineering courses that I can't enroll in so.....=P..... on you!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

LOL. I thought you were talking about the yellow jacketed CMs working Fantasmic.

• Shubisha

it took a lot longer than most people are reporting. the first guy they sent to fix the problem ran into more trouble than they expected

• =)

Data if your a bruin i hate you because you have those Disney Imangineering courses that I can't enroll in so.....=P..... on you!
    I am a Bruin, and we do have those Imagineering courses, and I can vouch for their sheer, unadulterated AWESOMENESS.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I hope they didn't kill them. It seems we're kind of hurting for bees at the moment in our state. At one point last year, it looked like they were all disappearing.

Although...not too sure about how you move a hive out of Disneyland without getting the bees all freaked out. What bee in his right mind would want to leave Disneyland?

• Little Miss Sunshine

Last year, a CM (security) told me not to walk down an aisle in the AK parking lot due to a swarm of bees. Fortunately, my car wasn't down that way.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Last year I was leaving work with a coworker of mine. When we got to our cars the hood of her car was covered by thousands of bees. We went back inside and a few moments later they were gone.

I work only 15 miles away from DL. Maybe these were the same bees.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I was there in the afternoon around 3:30 and a large area was still blocked but managed to get through by the restaurant. I was not able to see the swarm at that time or I would have gotten a photo. Also some areas were blocked yesterday due to filming of America's Funniest Home Videos. Then around 5:45 daughter and I tried to make our way over to Indy Jones through Adventureland and they had that blocked due to an "emergency". We had to walk through Frontierland (now only a little blocked off) by Rivers of America and over to Indy. Daughter could see emergency personnel over by the Bazaar so someone fell or had a medical problem. Due to that delay we just missed actually being on Indy when it went down (a car derailed we were told). I have never yet been evacted on ride and just missed this one. Rats.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Bees are BIG down here. Every summer, we get a swarm/hive living in the eaves of our house. Kind of scary.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

It's the time of the year for bees to migrate around. I work for a company that owns 27 commercial buildings and this happens at least a couple times a year, where a hive will migrate and decide to "spend the night" attached to the eaves of one particular building of ours. By the next day they are usually gone, moving on to the next building or tree or whatever, until they find a suitable place to nest. And when you see one of those big blobs of bees, they are protecting the queen in the middle of all that.

And usually, when you see a swarm like that, the bees aren't interested in anything but keeping the queen protected. So leave it alone (or if you must, call a professional). Our tenants will call all panic ridden when they see this but I try and quell their terror and say their just spending the night and should be gone tomorrow, because I really don't want to call the exterminator to get rid of them (there's already a bee shortage).

At least, this is what our exterminator has explained to me.

• Can see my car from here

How did these bees escape from the Winnie the Pooh attraction?
    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast