Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Fancy that...

just a couple TL ideas

I just want to put out a couple ideas for TL to see what you guys think here goes..

the things you should know before getting into the more specific ideas-

A-The new TL would have all new(futuristic and detailed) architecture, meaning like completely re-doing all the facades of Star Tours and BLAB, and bulldozing Innoventions...but just know it would be ..much better, and a step up from crap color painted 1960's buildings

B- (since this is a given in any TL idea) the Rocket jets would be back were they belong atop the PM platform, and the peoplemover would return (much updated of corse) and would now have different stations to make it an actual transportation system.

and lastly C- HISTA Is SOO gone (and replaced)

ok.. so now into my special ideas that are different than the normal "this will replace this" idea thread

The new pavement of TL is embedded with lights in spots and patterns going in lines(ala Micheal Jackson-Billie Jean if you will) All of the lines of lights in the pavement lead up to one thing..The Electrogrid, This "Electrogrid" is the fabled energy source of all of Tomorrowland, It's in a sphere shape and lights up and pulsates as it "absorbs" energy from the air and the sun. as it "absorbs" this energy, it eventualy gets to a point were it gets so bright that it releases it all out from the orb/sphere and the lights around the ball light up as it travels down the path of the embedded lights in the pavement, This effect makes it look like the lights are transfering energy to all of Tomorrowland ok, I had a REALY hard time explaining that,
    but IN A NUTSHELL some of the Tomorrowland pavement will light up at night like the Billie Jean Music video and it all comes out in a row from a lit up sphere in the area of the present brown ball sphere thing

Now for the next Idea

the side of Starcade entrance/building is very plain and to me looks like an office building with some blue mettalic Paint. So how to fix this? I suggest that thay make it into a more of a round street corner with a special video screen,

here's a visual of what I'm thinking..

Basicaly each screen would be seperated into thin strips that all make up one big video screen, They would move about across(with individual motors) on an unseen track against the wall. It would announce 'in theme' commercials for Star Tours, like "come and tour the galaxy with Star Tours!" another good thing about these screens is that it wouldn't just be another crappy Giant TV screens but rather, with all the nice thin strips of Television, each screen would be HD
    thanks for reading and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: just a couple TL ideas

I have a real soft spot for the mickey neon signs but I see what you mean. I think it could definitely work in some area of Tomorrowland, whether it be near the Space Mountain upper level or just redo Autopia all together. But you need to be careful not to become TOO flashy for its own good.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I have a real soft spot for the mickey neon signs but I see what you mean. I think it could definitely work in some area of Tomorrowland, whether it be near the Space Mountain upper level or just redo Autopia all together. But you need to be careful not to become TOO flashy for its own good.
    It won't(would) That Photoshop was realy rough, the actual thing would look much better. Did you read my lit up pavement idea?

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    It won't(would) That Photoshop was realy rough, the actual thing would look much better. Did you read my lit up pavement idea?
    I did and it's an interesting though but I've always been very cautious with flashy lights. It could either work really well, or come across as too Vegas-y or tacky. I would definitely need to see an example of what you mean.

• Fancy that...

I did and it's an interesting though but I've always been very cautious with flashy lights. It could either work really well, or come across as too Vegas-y or tacky. I would definitely need to see an example of what you mean.
    I see what you mean, I sort of thought it might be too much lights..but eh, I'll try to do a photoshop of it at night..

• Fancy that...

here's what will give you an idea of what I mean, It's not going to look like this but The "electrogrid is basicaly that brown ball thing( much different in looks and theme) with the embedded lights in the pavement going away from it in circled pattern.
    (once again, It would not look at all even remotely like this, This picture is just to gve you an idea of how the lights would go out from the sphere)

• =)

Oooh...I'm liking the power-up idea in theory. I can imagine it pretty well, and if it looked half as good as it does in my brain, I'd buy it.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Oooh...I'm liking the power-up idea in theory. I can imagine it pretty well, and if it looked half as good as it does in my brain, I'd buy it.
    Ditto!

• Lego Peoplemover Priit

Good ideas. But what will replace HISTA, Innoventions, and Star Cade (If you decide to get rid of it)?
    Oh, and I hope you update Star Tours.

• Hey it's that guy I am.

This might get me into some hot water, but in my opinion I think maybe they should try and come up with totally new ideas, that might involve some demolishing of existing buildings. Instead of just shoe horning existing ideas into set spaces. Because that is basically what they did with HISTA, right? I mean i know they gutted the theater and re-did the floor. I know I'm not the only one and I'm restating what has been said before but they really need to sit down and think about TL, maybe just as much attention as DCA is starting to get.

• The one, the only...

pianoman13, you have some great ideas. At Epcot in WDW, they have lights that "sprinkle" through the place. It is wonderful and enjoyed by all. But why stop with just the pavement. I would love to see movement on the buildings. Why not lights that start at the entrance and move along the Peoplemover track all the way back to where "Interventions" is now. I think that lights moving that length at time would be fantastic. I was thinking of some kind of long bar. Not individual lights like Main Street.

I would also have dimmers on the lights. That way they could be pumped up for day so that in the shade, one could still see them. Daylight, I am afraid, would still kill them.

I would also love to see projections on the buildings. So that the pattern and color of the buildings would change at night. It would be subtle, but I think enough to make you feel like you are in the future. I am thinking Leopard skill and Zibra patterns in blues, greens and black.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Fancy that...

Thanks for all the comments everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplemover Priit View Post
    Good ideas. But what will replace HISTA, Innoventions, and Star Cade (If you decide to get rid of it)?
    Oh, and I hope you update Star Tours.
    this thread was more about those special ideas and not the usual kind of "replace this" idea thread, so it'll be covered eventualy in another thread of mine but just not in this one

Quote Originally Posted by squashandstretch View Post
    This might get me into some hot water, but in my opinion I think maybe they should try and come up with totally new ideas, that might involve some demolishing of existing buildings. Instead of just shoe horning existing ideas into set spaces. Because that is basically what they did with HISTA, right? I mean i know they gutted the theater and re-did the floor. I know I'm not the only one and I'm restating what has been said before but they really need to sit down and think about TL, maybe just as much attention as DCA is starting to get.
    no problem, we can't get anywere if we can't let go of some nostalgia
    Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    pianoman13, you have some great ideas. At Epcot in WDW, they have lights that "sprinkle" through the place. It is wonderful and enjoyed by all. But why stop with just the pavement. I would love to see movement on the buildings. Why not lights that start at the entrance and move along the Peoplemover track all the way back to where "Interventions" is now. I think that lights moving that length at time would be fantastic. I was thinking of some kind of long bar. Not individual lights like Main Street.

I would also have dimmers on the lights. That way they could be pumped up for day so that in the shade, one could still see them. Daylight, I am afraid, would still kill them.

I would also love to see projections on the buildings. So that the pattern and color of the buildings would change at night. It would be subtle, but I think enough to make you feel like you are in the future. I am thinking Leopard skill and Zibra patterns in blues, greens and black.
    oooOOOoo sounds good, just thought that no matter what TL would be lit everywere but the pavement soo...yeah.. good idea

• MiceChat Moderator

Here's a couple of shots of Coruscant at night. There was a rumor floating around about a new Tomorrowland with Star Wars sensibilities so I thought it'd be a good visual reference as well and a look at how they handle light.

• Fancy that...

Here's a couple of shots of Coruscant at night. There was a rumor floating around about a new Tomorrowland with Star Wars sensibilities so I thought it'd be a good visual reference as well and a look at how they handle light.

that's kind of how I'd like it. I'd just like it a bit cleaner looking and sort of utopian-ish

The new pavement of TL is embedded with lights in spots and patterns going in lines
    This would be cool. Flashing and stuff would be too garish though. Instead it could change in color and brightness very slowly and subtly, over at least several seconds, in a diffuse pattern traveling outward from the "Electrogrid". And like was mentioned, have them continous strips rather than individual spot lights, or a combination of the two. The Billie Jean lights could work too, in limited areas such as in a ring some distance out from the electrogrid. And of course have them interactive: they could light or change color when guests step on them; maybe touch-sensitive on different edges/corners to make different colors depending on what part(s) of it you step on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast